collapse

Author Topic: someone needs to edit a good blue mary into android 18. seriously.  (Read 1016 times)

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 10, 2016, 08:44:57 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
i'd thought about it for a while, since they look so similar, and then I read on a wiki that android 18 was actually the character they designed blue mary around! so it almost MUST be done. i'm actually curious as to why no one has yet really. someone was working on a blue mary that kept her brown jacket on (kof B. mary sprites, not fatal fury). maybe that could be used as a base if they're willing to share the sprites?

as for what version of 18 to make, well I figured the blue vest/skirt outfit one. that's kind of the most iconic. I imagine. it's the one used in most of the recent DBZ games as the main outfit.

so how about it? does anyone at least think it sounds like a good idea? who knows? maybe someone could convince cybaster to code her Z2 style? if you think about it, most of the women have much smaller frames than the guys in DBZ, and compared to the Z2 DBZ characters, blue mary should fit right in perfectly as 18 I think.

heh heh, instead of "let's go terry!" I can almost hear it now: "let's go krillin!" ...followed by his reply in raging blast: "try not to kill me baby!" shame there's no Z2 krillin to match, but that's fine. replace "krillin" with "goku" and thar ye go.

Offline ParanormalParanoia

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 30, 2022, 04:02:26 PM
  • ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ SCREW THIS TABLE ┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) SCREW
Re: someone needs to edit a good blue mary into android 18. seriously.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 09:17:57 PM »
Ever heard of Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, it's a 2d dbz game with good looking sprites but horrible animations, 18 is in there and the sprites are already released hell there is already a 18 made with those sprites.
I'm pretty sure the Z2 team will make 18 i mean they gonna need chicks i'd say its either her first or Chichi(if they decide do make her)

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 09:28:20 PM »
Ever heard of Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden, it's a 2d dbz game with good looking sprites but horrible animations, 18 is in there and the sprites are already released hell there is already a 18 made with those sprites.
I'm pretty sure the Z2 team will make 18 i mean they gonna need chicks i'd say its either her first or Chichi(if they decide do make her)

I've more than heard of it, I have it. I ALSO have that 18 that you mentioned. but wouldn't it be awesome to have one modeled after blue mary, the same way blue mary was modeled after her? also, wouldn't it be awesome to have one modeled in KOF/SNK style? I mean, why not, they do that with everyone today.

maybe i'm just weird? eh, don't care. I want it, and I imagine i'm not alone.

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:00:45 PM »
I don' know, i prefer sprites from scratch than being based on other characters.

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »
true, there's something special about completely original works, but there can also be benefits to characters created from a base. as I've said, blue mary looks the way she does because they used android 18 as her base.

well, at any rate, this is all just wishful thinking on my part, as I can neither code nor sprite my way out of a paper bag.

also, to heavily refute your statement further, the entire robot master mayhem project uses mega man himself as the base, and look at the wonderful characters that has produced!

EDITED: I removed my mentioning of a certain character, as I no longer support it's author.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 12:17:26 AM by cheddarsworld »

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 10:31:31 PM »
I didn't say characters based on other characters are bad, hell some characters from scratch even use bases for some animations, i mean there are bad ones but there are bad ones from scratch too(Speacially those ones made from Paint), i just like from scratch better.

Offline cheddarsworld

• Initiate
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 10:44:58 PM »
I didn't say characters based on other characters are bad, hell some characters from scratch even use bases for some animations, i mean there are bad ones but there are bad ones from scratch too(Speacially those ones made from Paint), i just like from scratch better.

fair enough indeed. I've seen my share of both good and horrible characters made from scratch, as well as my share of good and horrible characters made via edits.

it's just that, two characters from two different fighting universes that look so similar, due to one being based on the other, it's just too perfect. it's just too "this must exist in the world" to be ignored. I mean, heck, in DBZ, 18 and Krillin call their daughter Marron, and is it just coincidence that they name a character BASED on android 18 Mary?

This.

Edit.

Must.

Happen.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal