collapse

Author Topic: Digital Wizardry (Dead Thread)  (Read 6752 times)

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
Digital Wizardry (Dead Thread)
« on: May 28, 2015, 04:27:04 AM »
Nothing to see here, move along.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:11:00 AM by Darkgargos »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:March 22, 2024, 09:24:48 AM
Re: Digital Wizardry - A Darkgargos Workshop
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 07:29:14 AM »
Heh, forgot how good your stuff where. Maybe I should request some sorcery... hmm, my avatar is so old that it's wonder no rust or webs on it... 8=|
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 07:54:07 AM »
Heh, forgot how good your stuff where. Maybe I should request some sorcery... hmm, my avatar is so old that it's wonder no rust or webs on it... 8=|

lol Your avatar reminds me of when Infinity Shields were first implemented.....really takes me back. Thanks for dropping by and glad you still like my work. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to be doing requests or not as I just got back into graphics and art. I need time to get settled and get my groove back, but I'd still love to set you up with something nice. You really could use something new...lol

That reminds me, I may have to upload and add my templates for folks to use too...gonna have to rework some of those though.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:35 AM »
Only old school, only hardcore :D
Yeah, templates would be nice, I've done mine with old template some ages ago, lol. Drop me a line when/if you'll be taking requests :thumbsup:

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 08:17:21 AM »
Only old school, only hardcore :D
Yeah, templates would be nice, I've done mine with old template some ages ago, lol. Drop me a line when/if you'll be taking requests :thumbsup:

Old school is where it is at man, I'm old school at heart. But yeah, I'll let you know and will announce when I'm taking requests, though I would have done something for you anyway cause I'm cool like that  ;)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 08:19:22 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:26:17 AM »
you still got it my friend.  :Terry

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 09:34:57 AM »
Welcome back DG! Nice to see your still around! :) Doing amazing work as always.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:50:40 AM »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

You'll notice the forum's been a bit slow lately, but the folks still pop up every now and then!

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 08:02:24 PM »
you still got it my friend.  :Terry

Thanks man, I was actually worried if had lost my touch after quitting for so long and not even bothering to try to make improvements to my skill level. In fact, I thought I would have to relearn everything by reading tutorials again, but I opened up Photoshop and just went to work as usual.

Welcome back DG! Nice to see your still around! :) Doing amazing work as always.

Hey man, long time no see. Thanks, I've been around just went silent and got really anti-social, plus lost myself within an addiction to MMORPG's....bad stuff. Ended up quitting art for quite a while. I finally realized that I needed to get back to my passion and I felt a bit of nostalgia for IMT and how things used to be. I figured coming back home would help me out in pulling me out of my rut and back to form.

Though things are not exactly like they were around here, losing my team hurt and I lost all contact with them as well. I think it may have effected me more than I thought and my motivation to improve and continue to push forward just disappeared. Who knows, maybe something good will come out of being back here again. Infinity could use a bit of old blood back...so here I am  :thumbsup:

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

You'll notice the forum's been a bit slow lately, but the folks still pop up every now and then!

lol, (Gotta love that Altered Beast quote) It's fitting for my return here. Yeah, I noticed this place seems so quiet now and kinda empty. It's not packed and crazy active like the good ole days....Infinity, poor old girl has gotten old and withered. She needs to shine once again and I figured I could contribute in my own small way.

So many people left or just moved on and there is the fact IMT has also made enemies from what I have seen...certain places(which shall remain nameless)don't exactly have high regard for IMT or it's projects and community. I wonder if that pushed folks away or Mugen is just waning and needs a bit of innovation to get that spark back. I know Mugen and it's communities are generally laughed and scoffed at on the outside so it may hinder growth for us.

Anyway, back on topic. I just recently built a new PC for better handling of my programs so I still need to reinstall lot's of stuff that I will be needing. I also lost stuff in a past crash too and will need to rebuild my resources such as renders and stuff. Still not sure about certain stuff to get back into again either like spriting and such. I want to keep things simple for now. It's like getting all buffed out and then letting yourself go for years and getting all flabby and needing to get back in shape again.

It's still good to be back though guys and thanks for the support, hopefully this means back to business as usual soon for me here at Infinity  ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:08:45 PM by Darkgargos »

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 28, 2024, 08:03:34 PM
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 07:50:07 PM »
 Still epic man :o

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 07:59:35 PM »
Still epic man :o

Thanks! Was wondering when you would show up in here...you're late!  :P This stuff is all fresh and new too, I wasn't interested in posting old junk as that can be seen over at Deviantart. I think I'm going pace myself this time too, basically quality over quantity...to make sure I don't burn out too fast.

I almost forgot, I need to take a look at your thread and post something in there, from what I saw you really got into this GFX stuff.

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 08:04:08 PM »
Thanks! Was wondering when you would show up in here...you're late!  :P This stuff is all fresh and new too, I wasn't interested in posting old junk as that can be seen over at Deviantart. I think I'm going pace myself this time too, basically quality over quantity...to make sure I don't burn out too fast.

I almost forgot, I need to take a look at your thread and post something in there, from what I saw you really got into this GFX stuff.

Haha sorry, been busy in other forums where I compete  :cool

Take your time man, I did that once and almost burned out..learned my lesson  :-"

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »
Haha sorry, been busy in other forums where I compete  :cool

Take your time man, I did that once and almost burned out..learned my lesson  :-"

Yup, you can certainly get burned out on this stuff. Cool, so you are over at GFX sites and stuff doing those competitions? That's a good way to improve your skill. Though I'm not a competitive person so for me I improve using my own methods and just make sure to just have fun with it. This is just a hobby for me. It's also just something to do on the side while I get better at digital painting which is what I truly want to do.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 09:13:24 PM »

Ok, I decided to add my "unofficial" Infinity template set to the OP. So for those that want to use it to make a set for themselves can do so if they wish. If you want to edit it or use as a base for a new one, go ahead as they are open source and free to use for whatever you want. I may add more sets over time, but this set is my current best so I wanted to share.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 10:10:32 AM »
Very nice templates! A new sword template for us staff members would be cool (I can't do anything I want with the current one).

So many people left or just moved on and there is the fact IMT has also made enemies from what I have seen...certain places(which shall remain nameless)don't exactly have high regard for IMT or it's projects and community. I wonder if that pushed folks away or Mugen is just waning and needs a bit of innovation to get that spark back. I know Mugen and it's communities are generally laughed and scoffed at on the outside so it may hinder growth for us.

Not really that, mostly it's just that real life caught up with everyone. It's not just this forum that have been slow.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 07:49:35 PM »
Very nice templates! A new sword template for us staff members would be cool (I can't do anything I want with the current one).

Not really that, mostly it's just that real life caught up with everyone. It's not just this forum that have been slow.

Actually, I do have sword templates that could maybe use some rework as they are a bit old, but I was wary of sharing them because of how stern staff is about swords. Staff has always been touchy about those and I just wanted to avoid any issues on that front. But if I get the "ok" then sure I may share sword sets too for staff members to use.

I agree that life may have caught up with people as we all have lives outside of the internet. People get older and end up having less time for hobbies and stuff. I have no idea what has been going on anyway since I have been gone for so long. I was a bit quick to make assumptions, but just expressing my opinions based on observations. I didn't mean any harm, was just wondering why this place seems so quiet these days. But then I think about much more active places and all the drama and trolling and just plain toxic communities.....and well maybe we have the better part of the deal here. I was around for a lot of the big drama episodes here in the past and I'm happy they are gone. It's one reason why I left this place and forums in general. But Infinity has always been home for me in terms of forums and so I want to stick around this time as I need something other than Deviantart to use.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing more cool works with you guys  ;)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 01:39:40 AM »

3 new sigs added! Hope you all enjoy these as much I did making them  ;)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 06:00:53 AM »

Wallpaper section added to first post and the initial wallpaper is Chun-li from Street Fighter V, Enjoy  ;)

Offline Z

• Graphic Designer
  • Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 08:18:43 AM »
 :o

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »
:o

lol Well, I guess that means you like the new stuff. Glad you do  :)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 01:37:52 AM »

Added a Pixel Works section to the first post and with this I will start sharing my sprite/pixel works.

Not much to add at the moment as most of my old stuff is over at DA for folks to see, but to get things started I added my recent Spawn sprite which you may have seen in my sig. I also added a brand new Spider-Man CPS3 sprite, this one in particular is where things will change for me when working with sprites as I normally just edit the original sprites, but with Spider-Man I redrew the whole thing from scratch. This will be how I work going forward so that way my sprites are fully custom made and not just "sprite edits". Anyway, Enjoy!  :)

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2015, 04:15:17 AM »

Added a brand new sprite, Shredder! This is a redrawn version of his Tournament Fighters sprite upgraded to a Capcom CPS3 styling. Enjoy!  :)

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2015, 06:22:52 AM »
Oh, that's mean version of him for sure \-/o
Very cool sprites, man :thumbsup:

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2015, 06:39:45 AM »
Oh, that's mean version of him for sure \-/o
Very cool sprites, man :thumbsup:

Thanks, glad you him. I always wanted to do a Shredder sprite and this was my chance to do that what with me returning to pixel art.

I'm still rather rusty at sprite work since it's been so long and my experience in this sort of thing is low. But I hope to get better.

Offline Darkgargos

• Email
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2015, 06:23:26 AM »

New Street Fighter logo wallpaper added!  ;)

Sorry for my sparse activity, but I'm neck deep in my painting studies right now. Hope you all understand.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista