collapse

Author Topic: Whats Happening to mugen Scene?  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: Whats Happening to mugen Scene?
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 11:53:25 PM »
Language barrier there i think. It is possible. People do it so it's possible. Some people don't, that doesn't make it impossible. That just means they're not nice people.

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 03:06:41 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 04:11:51 AM »
I don't know about all this gender/sex ball stuff that's going on in this thread but I can tell you from my YouTube view statistics that Mugen is straight up dudes, no matter if there parts have been converted with a knife or not. So all the tippy toeing around females is only heard by guys.

146,659 views and all male.

Offline volzzilla

• Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »
Saddly, this is not true everywhere. Some "veterans" thinks they can be harsh and bash anyone without giving a proper feedback just because they are veterans. And because they have friends who will lick their balls.

Thanks God, this doesn't happens everywhere.

awesome post and very true :)
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 10:35:59 AM »
competition
All that great post you did bro Trex and THIS!
Ohhhh yeah bru cause we need a rematch one day. Hobos dont do no stinkin ties man! Ok we dirty and a lil smelly sometimes...most times.... I need deoderant anyway and can of Axe....anyway....Rematch one day Trex! I wll improve so I can take you DOWN!  \-/o
vote for O illu! Say no to Vet Ball Licking!  XD||
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:51:05 AM by C.R.O.M - Hobo King Lando »

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:26 PM »
Mugen I think it's going strong still. We see new guys getting into the hobby all the time. It's true a lot of guys quit because they grow out of the hobby. But a lot of us still doing our work. I think if you love mugen then you can find time for it. That's the way I see it. I got a wife and 3 kids and I'm still spritting because I find time for it.

I really see that the community has divided in the last few years. When I first came on board things where different and I really miss those days. People had more respect for others works. New guys coming in will quickly learn that respecting others work was the way to keep growing as a community. Now you got guys that don't teach the new guys about this things. All this does is get the great guys discouraged and it helps them quit before their time is up.

I guess people don't see or don't want to see what's really important about   Making characters. And that is called originality. I remember when I first started I was making electro into a cyclops in disguised. And a good friend of mines helped me see and pushed me to do something better and I today thank maccready for that. In today's mugen world I don't see more original work, guys are either lacking talent or they are lazy. A lot of them lost the respect for people's work and that is sinking this hobby down. As a result you see a bunch of half assed characters. And worst of all if you give critique then they get butt hurt by that. I used to try to help guys out but now I stay quiet and mind my business because all those guys do its get mad and hate you for it.

The scene it's getting crazy with all this event. For us to get far and grow, we have to get back to respecting others and try to be original. also a lot of this guys want to make characters without knowing how to sprite first. I been saying it over and over that practice makes better. I see so many new guys with potential but nobody to guide them in the right direction or with the wrong guidance.

It's true about people saying harsh things about new guys characters when they should help out by pointing out the problems. We should help them out with positive critique. But there people in this hobby out to troll and discourage people because their creations are not on par with others.

I think back then it was better because more people had respect and didn't steal as much like today. It was when we saw more unique characters. And more good creators doing wips.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:37:52 PM by verz36 »

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 01:38:48 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »
 ^^(PM)^
very true
I'm having a bit of issue this week with a few characters I've released that i had been making for a long time, my issue is totally my own, due to forgetting to credit those who have either helped on them, or simply ive forgotten what work i had used (when i have used it with intensions to contact and credit) most of the time i use things for place holders, or simply have yet to resprite an animation from a template i have overwritten,
this is very common, for those who create characters of a base that already exists, like toad wip using scarlet spider as the template, cuts down animation alignments for the bulk of the wip

anyways, not crediting is not good, but giving benefit of the doubt, should be the first course when asking or mentioning to a creator what they have used/borrowed, without credit or permission
ive been basically harassed before explanation, on these sorts of "lack of crediting" my view on the matter is pretty simple, ask before accuse,
I'm a grown up i have a fairly open mind, I'm not in the business of ripping people off, I'm human and will make mistakes, trouble is everyone is so quick to point fingers, and accuse, before finding out if things were intentionally done in stealing, or simply forgotten to credit, or simply slipped minds,
I'm not one to ask credit for certain things, but that's upto individuals how they want to view that, so of you see something you know its your hard work ask before accusing, generally you'll find its not intentional, or something that can be resolved before flaming both parties in public, and causing unwanted fueds

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 11:07:41 PM »
Mugen I think it's going strong still. We see new guys getting into the hobby all the time. It's true a lot of guys quit because they grow out of the hobby. But a lot of us still doing our work. I think if you love mugen then you can find time for it. That's the way I see it. I got a wife and 3 kids and I'm still spritting because I find time for it.

I really see that the community has divided in the last few years. When I first came on board things where different and I really miss those days. People had more respect for others works. New guys coming in will quickly learn that respecting others work was the way to keep growing as a community. Now you got guys that don't teach the new guys about this things. All this does is get the great guys discouraged and it helps them quit before their time is up.

I guess people don't see or don't want to see what's really important about   Making characters. And that is called originality. I remember when I first started I was making electro into a cyclops in disguised. And a good friend of mines helped me see and pushed me to do something better and I today thank maccready for that. In today's mugen world I don't see more original work, guys are either lacking talent or they are lazy. A lot of them lost the respect for people's work and that is sinking this hobby down. As a result you see a bunch of half assed characters. And worst of all if you give critique then they get butt hurt by that. I used to try to help guys out but now I stay quiet and mind my business because all those guys do its get mad and hate you for it.

The scene it's getting crazy with all this event. For us to get far and grow, we have to get back to respecting others and try to be original. also a lot of this guys want to make characters without knowing how to sprite first. I been saying it over and over that practice makes better. I see so many new guys with potential but nobody to guide them in the right direction or with the wrong guidance.

It's true about people saying harsh things about new guys characters when they should help out by pointing out the problems. We should help them out with positive critique. But there people in this hobby out to troll and discourage people because their creations are not on par with others.

I think back then it was better because more people had respect and didn't steal as much like today. It was when we saw more unique characters. And more good creators doing wips.

^
Hall of Famer

What he said lol.

We should make a Hall of Fame for all Comic Mugen and have inductees as well as retire characters,stages ect so they can not be edited or manipulated in anyway. We need credentials and accolades that need to be achieved this will make everyone go hard and RESPECT creations as well as their creators. Hall of fame fixes everything.

When I come back I want to work hard to get in. I have nothing worthy but I still look to achieve such  notoriety. :cool

CENTER]

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2014, 10:30:13 AM »
^
Hall of Famer

What he said lol.

We should make a Hall of Fame for all Comic Mugen and have inductees as well as retire characters,stages ect so they can not be edited or manipulated in anyway. We need credentials and accolades that need to be achieved this will make everyone go hard and RESPECT creations as well as their creators. Hall of fame fixes everything.

When I come back I want to work hard to get in. I have nothing worthy but I still look to achieve such  notoriety. :cool

Would be cool if we can achieve your idea. The comic community should get more united in this. Taking things and just giving credit it's not a good thing. You would be surprised but when asking, creators might help. When doing an edit of a character some creators are ok with this and some not. Still at the end it's important to respect the creator if you like his work because it helps in that creator to continue with making more characters.

Maybe you should start that idea and take it across the forums and see which ones buy into it. It might help bring the community together. I don't see why they wouldn't unless they do things for their own purpose. Still the ones that do, will help get things a step ahead.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
Whats Happening to mugen Scene?

there too much of this and not enough collaborating-co-creating....  ;*))

:-??

Offline Twinimage

• Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2014, 11:44:59 PM »
Co-creating is hard because both people want to use their ideas and go with their artistic preferences. Now there are some duos where one sprites and one codes, that's cool, but very little do you see people spriting together. That's a very fine line to walk. That takes time and developing a good working relationship with that person. Again, not saying it can't work out well, just saying there's reasons why we see less of that. :P

Offline WizzyWhipitWonderful

• Contributor
  • Last Login:October 29, 2023, 03:28:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2014, 06:56:37 AM »
Co-creating is hard because both people want to use their ideas and go with their artistic preferences. Now there are some duos where one sprites and one codes, that's cool, but very little do you see people spriting together. That's a very fine line to walk. That takes time and developing a good working relationship with that person. Again, not saying it can't work out well, just saying there's reasons why we see less of that. :P

If I were good at spriting (I can sketch my butt off), I'd collaborate with anyone and everyone! Learning new different ways to complete a process is always useful.

Offline Twinimage

• Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2014, 12:40:03 PM »
Very true wizzy, I could probably sprite a lot faster if I were aware of different processes that other spriters use. Perhaps someone should start a thread for spriters to share their processes of spriting so we all can learn? :)

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
Would be cool if we can achieve your idea. The comic community should get more united in this. Taking things and just giving credit it's not a good thing. You would be surprised but when asking, creators might help. When doing an edit of a character some creators are ok with this and some not. Still at the end it's important to respect the creator if you like his work because it helps in that creator to continue with making more characters.

Maybe you should start that idea and take it across the forums and see which ones buy into it. It might help bring the community together. I don't see why they wouldn't unless they do things for their own purpose. Still the ones that do, will help get things a step ahead.

I was thinking about this for a long time. I was always a big fan of Volz's character reviews and rankings that was taken down. It really showed off some of the better creations. I will like to base it off of the top creations and creators which exist now. The only thing about it is that their would have to be some dedicated moderators and elected voters to represent everyone. Since I would really like to get in, that would pose a problem but if that is a sacrifice that would need to be made for the community I guess my creations days would be numbered.

CENTER]

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal