collapse

Author Topic: Do you think...?  (Read 888 times)

Offline messyt

• ~Humble servant of Jehovah~
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:April 11, 2019, 07:27:34 PM
    • Email
Do you think...?
« on: November 07, 2014, 12:43:05 PM »
Do you think I could possibly make Jason Todd so that he haves his signature Red Hood/Mask on? Now let me further clarify a few things:

1. I would be using such an edited character ONLY for my personal use

2. I'd be using sprites already created with the character

There are number of sufficient sprites of his Red Hood already in his SFF.  So I was wondering that, with some careful fraken-spriting would it be possible to give Jason his mask?

What would you give as a helpful tip experienced spriters/editors?

I love being good! :)

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
Re: Do you think...?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »
If it's for your own personal use, I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. MUGEN is meant to be customized per an individual's personal preferences. The only issue is if you were to share the character with others, without the original creator's permission to share.
Now if you want to show off your work on say youtube for others to see, I don't know if that's considered wrong or not in the MUGEN community. Just keep that in mind. Maybe others will know about that.

As for being possible, yea, you should be able to edit him easily if it's just a head swap. If you've never edited character sprites in MUGEN before, then you'll have to push through that learning curve, of course.

Offline messyt

• ~Humble servant of Jehovah~
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:April 11, 2019, 07:27:34 PM
    • Email
Re: Do you think...?
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 02:37:56 PM »
If it's for your own personal use, I don't think there's anything wrong with that at all. MUGEN is meant to be customized per an individual's personal preferences. The only issue is if you were to share the character with others, without the original creator's permission to share.
Now if you want to show off your work on say youtube for others to see, I don't know if that's considered wrong or not in the MUGEN community. Just keep that in mind. Maybe others will know about that.

As for being possible, yea, you should be able to edit him easily if it's just a head swap. If you've never edited character sprites in MUGEN before, then you'll have to push through that learning curve, of course.

Thanks Twin, I appreciate the tips.  I'll always make sure to show consideration for others' original works.
I love being good! :)

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal