collapse

Author Topic: Tournament of Space & Time  (Read 482 times)

Offline Jermare

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 05, 2020, 02:33:10 AM
Tournament of Space & Time
« on: June 24, 2014, 02:39:23 AM »
Tournament of Space & Time is a concept I came up with a while ago, and finally decided to put into action. The idea is that a mysterious, powerful being of unknown origin summoned a bunch of mighty fighters, warriors, thugs & heroes from throughout space & time to battle each other in an epic tournament. There's nothing really meaningful about that premise, it's pretty simple, but it's really just an excuse to allow me to come up with any and all types of characters that I want, yet still have them exist in an environment where they feel like they fit together. It won't appear to just be some random, nonsensical character mash-up, but at its core, it's exactly that. Cool Versus Awesomex10 if you will.

I haven't yet come up with a concrete battle system, but I know I want it to be similar to UMvC3. In terms of artstyle, I'm not sure how to describe it, but the best way I can is: no outlines, no shading, somewhat vibrant, somewhat cartoony and maybe, kinda minimalist. The issue of two different objects of the same color overlapping is something I think animations will cover up well enough. Also, the characters will have really exaggerated, over-the-top personalities and voices similar to Punch-Out!! and the animations will be very Scott Pilgrim vs. the World-esque. I want it to be unique, memorable and gushing with personality just like Skullgirls.

Here are a few of the characters I have so far (designs not necessarily final):

Nick Chang is a master of martial arts who has never lost a fight to anyone who challenged him
Jack Knife is a World War II spec ops soldier and one-man army
Kat Tanaka is the top ninja of the Sunrise Clan, a group of ninjas who do their work in broad daylight
Axel Erikson is a ruthless barbarian viking and possibly the strongest human being to ever live
Zeb-Ulox is the princess of the planet Ulox and commanding officer of the Uloxian empire's armed forces

There are a number of other characters I haven't shown yet (including a robot, a cowboy, and the big bad himself), but these are just the ones ready to be displayed (despite the fact that they're not even 100% themselves). If you have any ideas for additional characters, lay them on me. And if you want to join the project, I'm open. Keep in mind, I'm no coder/programmer/musician/voice actor/etc. (only a spriter/animator/idea man), so I'll need assistance in those areas, but I really want this game to happen.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:27:03 PM by JBtheHunter »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal