collapse

Author Topic: Breath of Fire 6 ( Crapcom has done it again)  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
Breath of Fire 6 ( Crapcom has done it again)
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:54:34 AM »
 *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!* *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
Breath of Fire 6 Announced for Mobile Phones, Browsers

The first numbered entry in the Breath of Fire series in over a decade has been announced today, but its exact nature is likely to upset longtime fans of the RPG series.

Capcom revealed Breath of Fire 6 earlier today as an online RPG for mobile devices, tablets, and PC browsers. The game is being designed with touch devices in mind, and players will be free to take their save data across multiple devices. No exact launch date was confirmed, but the game will be released at some point in 2014.

However, the game may never even see the light of day in the West. Capcom has told Eurogamer no decision has been made as to whether Breath of Fire 6 will be released outside of Japan. "As with all of Capcom's games we need to consider both their suitability for release in local markets and the resources are available to ensure we deliver a high quality gameplay experience in each territory," a spokesperson told the site. "The process of evaluating all of the titles included in the Network Game Conference for release in North America and Europe is still in progress and we hope to share the results with you shortly."

As a classic RPG series, a phone or browser game is unlikely to be the form many Breath of Fire fans were hoping the next mainline entry would take. There have been Breath of Fire titles for mobile phones released in the past in Japan, all of them coming since the last Breath of Fire console game, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, was released in 2003. It's important to note none of these previous mobile games were numbered entries and all were clearly positioned as spin-offs. For Breath of Fire 6 to be designed with phones in mind is a major departure for a series which has always seen its numbered games designed for and released on consoles since its beginning in 1993.

If there is some solace for Breath of Fire fans, it's that Breath of Fire II, originally released on Super Nintendo in 1995, has been confirmed for release on the Wii U Virtual Console. A post on the Capcom Unity blog states the game will be released "in the coming months."

What is your reaction to this new direction for the Breath of Fire series? Would your feelings be any different if the game weren't titled Breath of Fire 6?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/01/breath-of-fire-6-announced-for-mobile-phones-browsers?abthid=51face0df55d43766f000026

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Kazander13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
  • Predictabo!
Re: Breath of Fire 6 ( Crapcom has done it again)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 04:37:06 AM »
Disappointing to say the least.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:16:15 AM »
This is actually a smart decision, economically speaking. RPG's are making quite a success in mobile devices, and I can say by experience they fit well with the touch controls.

I have a mixed feeling in the matter, but maybe with time they decide to release it for the download services (PSN, Xbox Live), which would make it more accessible.

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 06:16:05 AM
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »
Ohh Capcom, you did again. First Megaman looking bad, crappy price money for a DLC and now this...
I think i'm gonna hate Capcom more than ever. But at least Megaman is in the new SSB game.

Offline Kazander13

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 07, 2018, 04:34:39 PM
  • Predictabo!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
This is actually a smart decision, economically speaking. RPG's are making quite a success in mobile devices, and I can say by experience they fit well with the touch controls.

I have a mixed feeling in the matter, but maybe with time they decide to release it for the download services (PSN, Xbox Live), which would make it more accessible.

Yeah, I don't disagree with the economics portion and I enjoy RPGs a lot on handhelds and mobiles.  The sad part is that the game did have quite a following and the reward for those who have waited is a mobile game, which typically tend to be on the shallow side because...it's a mobile game.  Not to say that their aren't good ones out there, I just think most fans of the series want to see a modern sequel, not something to play on the crapper.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 14, 2024, 03:10:11 AM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 12:32:24 AM »
We all know what happened right? Capcom was making a run-of-the-mill title that wouldn't have really amounted to anything because it didn't have (a) A nostalgia factor (b) wasn't already a tried-and-true formula for an RPG and (c) wasn't a sequel to anything.

So, in their wise marketing, they slapped the Breath of Fire title to the game. But not just a spin-off series, oh no, a spin-off wouldn't bring in the numbers that they would like. Give it a number though, and it's official. The fans that have waited 11 years for a proper sequel (some 13 years since BoF V wasn't all that hot) will leap at the chance to play a new numbered entry.

Only, maybe the fans have finally opened their eyes to the truth. Maybe...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline crosshatch84

• Last Login:August 28, 2014, 08:20:03 AM
  • Always the optimist
    • UltimaLV3
    • Kuzakuroth
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 03:32:58 PM »
capcom were the greatest back in the 90's and have being on a mission of hell bent sabotage ever since.
breath of fire series, resident evil series why are they murdering their own highly sought after franchiese it doesn't make any sence!

so this next blunder to put BOFVI on mobile format doesn't surprise me especially after the dragon quarter if there is anything a RPG fan loves it to be confined to a cave playing as kids WTF!

CAPCOM SORT OUT YOUR LIFE, FANS ARE RELYING ON IT!!!
file://localhost/C:/Users/John/Desktop/default.png

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar