collapse

Author Topic: Retro Stages Ideas ~suggestions welcome~  (Read 4872 times)

Offline Ganbare-Lucifer

• Infinity Mystical Ninja
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 03, 2024, 08:45:11 PM
  • Shinubis, Goemon's Descendant
    • Tediz_Ozito
    • Skype - Ado-Redwolf3
    • Lucifer's MUGEN Site!
Re: Retro Stages Ideas ~suggestions welcome~
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
hey...

heres the stage what i'm talking about

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/mauimallard/sheet/51203
(click to show/hide)
"Set it up!"

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2012, 07:37:12 PM »
Here are some more random stage suggestions

(i took shots of the stages)

SNES elevator stage from power moves (aka deadly moves)

SNES FINAL FIGHT 3 bridge stage

Factory stage

SNES wild guns stage

SNES combatribes base ball stadium

Last stage battle (roof top)

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »
omg combatribes !!! this old man has shead a tear!! lol two that comes to mind is the technodrone lift from the tmnt arcade game widened with super jump and the statue of liberty lift stage from shadow dancer for the genesis. btw what is used to rip the sprites from these old games ????

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DarkValentine

• The Fanfic artist of M.U.G.E.N
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:September 06, 2020, 06:47:50 PM
  • The FanFic Artist of M.U.G.E.N
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
hey...

heres the stage what i'm talking about

http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/mauimallard/sheet/51203

I'm well aware, it is why the status for the game is in Maroon color. However, with the use of vSNES, I'm able to get a little bit more, that I'd want from the stage & it's surroundings. Like some added effects of enemies just hanging around the stage or whatnot. So, it might use a combination of both what it is available at Spriters resource, and what I rip on my own. To make it as unique as possible.

Here are some more random stage suggestions

(i took shots of the stages)

SNES elevator stage from power moves (aka deadly moves)

SNES FINAL FIGHT 3 bridge stage

Factory stage

SNES wild guns stage

SNES combatribes base ball stadium

Last stage battle (roof top)

All of those are getting directly added into the list. there are Final Fight 3 stages, but not enough of them. I do remember ripping them, during my OpenBOR days though. It will be fun to rip them again.

btw what is used to rip the sprites from these old games ????

For the Genesis games, it is using either Gens11b, or GensKMOD. As for the SNES games, I'm using vSNES. which allows me to rip layers of games, by way of using savestates. Both SNES9x & ZSNES savestates can be used. I used a shot of vSNES in the first page of this thread. It is also a cheat editor/maker, and BGM tag/editor, but it's man feature is the scene viewer. Which allows me to look at all layers, including the Mode7 layer that specific SNES games made use of.
"Today, your inevitable teaching. Tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

DV's Works

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2012, 10:39:46 PM »
thanks  big time dark V and good luck on your future projects.

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2012, 10:44:29 PM »
No problem.

If anything, I just might be able to get a few things done, should everything stay quiet on my end. If I'm not able to make it to visit family and all, I'll mostly be here going ahead with doing stages and the like on my day off. I'll know more come tomorrow night. If nothing goes on, I'll give myself something to do.
"Today, your inevitable teaching. Tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

DV's Works

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »
Power moves? Try russia stage!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2012, 12:23:24 AM »
Power moves? Try russia stage!

You know what? Screw the rules, I'm going to strike out what I put about being busy. The Russia stage from Power Moves touched a somber, heartfelt note with me. That's my fav stage  :w00t:

So I'm going to work about getting that, and the rest of the stages put up for grabs at some point in the next few days. There isn't enough railroad stages, and Power Moves has one of the better ones.

DV's Works

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2012, 08:29:49 AM »
Yes, that railroad effect is pretty unique!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »
heck ya go for it on the Russia stage :thumbsup:. No one has done it yet anyway i think :cool

DV holding down the nostalgic retro stages for mugen for sure! :)

Its good we keep hitting ya with various suggestions anyway so youll have more options to go on of course that you can
pick from when ya ready man

heres one more stage...

SNES FAMICOM GhostchaserDenseiDenjinMakai

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2012, 08:22:41 PM »
Yes, that railroad effect is pretty unique!

It is unique. But I'm thinking of putting in a parallax effect for the railroad part itself. Not sure how this is going to work, as it seems there is a visual effect that makes the railroad curve like that. I think it is Mode7 doing it's thing. It seems too easy to be some kind of visual parallax. It will require that I do some testing, to see how that will play out.

heck ya go for it on the Russia stage :thumbsup:. No one has done it yet anyway i think :cool

DV holding down the nostalgic retro stages for mugen for sure! :)

Its good we keep hitting ya with various suggestions anyway so youll have more options to go on of course that you can
pick from when ya ready man

heres one more stage...

SNES FAMICOM GhostchaserDenseiDenjinMakai

I had thoughts about using that in my Streets of Rage Remake v5 mod: Street survivors, but at the time, I had forgot all about vSNES, and the ability to rip the images like I'm doing right now. One of these days, I need to get back into finishing that mod. Back on track with the topic though, I can see about doing something with the above. I'm adding that to the list.

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »
I had thoughts about using that in my Streets of Rage Remake v5 mod: Street survivors, but at the time, I had forgot all about vSNES, and the ability to rip the images like I'm doing right now. One of these days, I need to get back into finishing that mod. Back on track with the topic though, I can see about doing something with the above. I'm adding that to the list.

haha wow isnt that funny. seems our minds with some stages are in the same spot man. that would have been cool to see in your remake. well of course take your time man the suggestions we throw at ya here and there should get you back into of this to finish your SOR project 8)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
haha wow isnt that funny. seems our minds with some stages are in the same spot man. that would have been cool to see in your remake. well of course take your time man the suggestions we throw at ya here and there should get you back into of this to finish your SOR project 8)

Well, that's the thing, it's been dropped in development hell right now, so I've not had a chance to get back with a good friend of mine, who was at one time helping me continue on with building it. I did the main & alternate routes for the first and second stage on my own, with stuff I was initially using to build mugen stages.

These are the two videos I have on hand, that are the only two real videos of the WIP mod I was working on. I still have the stuff to make stages out of them, and in one of the videos, a specific area WAS turned into a stage I once made.

I wanted to make this rather unique. every stage had a different route. Depending on the route you took, there was a different boss to fight. I plan on picking it up one day again.

Using my stage making skills, allowed me to work on this mod.

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2012, 12:48:03 AM »

Well, that's the thing, it's been dropped in development hell right now, so I've not had a chance to get back with a good friend of mine, who was at one time helping me continue on with building it. I did the main & alternate routes for the first and second stage on my own, with stuff I was initially using to build mugen stages.

These are the two videos I have on hand, that are the only two real videos of the WIP mod I was working on. I still have the stuff to make stages out of them, and in one of the videos, a specific area WAS turned into a stage I once made.

I wanted to make this rather unique. every stage had a different route. Depending on the route you took, there was a different boss to fight. I plan on picking it up one day again.

Using my stage making skills, allowed me to work on this mod.

YO that sounds dope on the different routes and bosses deal ya did man. that instantly reminded me of The Peace Keepers lol Thats how i was going to do my OpenBor game if i ever did one. Great choice man. The Wip looks great! :thumbsup:

and yo i like how when it goes to the next stage the screen does that black splash blur deal. haha thats hella cool man

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2012, 12:58:27 AM »
YO that sounds dope on the different routes and bosses deal ya did man. that instantly reminded me of The Peace Keepers lol Thats how i was going to do my OpenBor game if i ever did one. Great choice man. The Wip looks great! :thumbsup:

and yo i like how when it goes to the next stage the screen does that black splash blur deal. haha thats hella cool man

That was part of the Fenix engine. It does that transition for mostly scene moving. I had a lot of ideas for the mod, and some of my later stages before or after 2009 were made based on the mod I was working on. I hope you was able to point out what stages they were in both videos ;)

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2013, 10:00:35 PM »
I hit you in a PM on some things that already came to life in great flava ( >:D) recently but i JUST thought about something else and i dont know why i didnt think about it before^^

How about... some stages from Snes Super double Dragon?^^ Being in that O illusionista thread made me think about that ;*))

I dont remember any stages for mugen from that game but im sure not many of them were done if there are :-??

You can also do a bit more with the stages possibly too. Like some rain effects er somethin like that...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2013, 10:08:45 PM »
I hit you in a PM on some things that already came to life in great flava ( >:D) recently but i JUST thought about something else and i dont know why i didnt think about it before^^

How about... some stages from Snes Super double Dragon?^^ Being in that O illusionista thread made me think about that ;*))

I dont remember any stages for mugen from that game but im sure not many of them were done if there are :-??

You can also do a bit more with the stages possibly too. Like some rain effects er somethin like that...

Well, you are right on that. Not many stages from that game have been made. So far, I only made two from that game. It's in the past releases section somewhere. I'll have to add it to the list, when I'm done uploading more videos.

I'll work on more stages, when I'm done taking my break from stage making. The holidays had me beat, lol.

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2013, 10:15:37 PM »

I'll work on more stages, when I'm done taking my break from stage making. The holidays had me beat, lol.

No doubt man ;). and we shall be waiting 

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2013, 06:59:26 AM »
Well guys, I'm back, but it will be a little longer before I can change the status of any games, listed in the first page of this thread. For one specific reason: During my break, I got contacted by a long time friend of mine, named Vecta. I may have mentioned his name at some point in time, in this thread (associated with my mod for Streets of Rage Remake). We discussed what I had going on in this thread, with making a lot of retro releases, of classic stages from very classic games.

After telling him what I've been using, it is coming to my attention that I can use what is done here, with what I'm doing for my mod. Which work both ways. Since having to do stage layouts are very different between mugen, OpenBOR & Streets of Rage Remake, it is allowing me to choose a game that has been listed at the start of this thread (depending on it's status), and see about trying to get it work ready for at least mugen & my mod for Streets of Rage Remake.

It is very possible to make it happen, but I need to make sure that when I'm creating a stage for one, it will benefit the other. A few examples is the X-Kaliber 2097 stage I made, the demo of the D.D. Crew stage I'm making, the Downtown Highrise stage I released a few months ago. And, a few stages I have planned from a game that is NOT listed here (A hint, it's an arcade classic, that is almost obscure, to the point most people don't remember it at all). The dimensions is right for use in mugen, OpenBOR & Streets of Rage Remake. That is my aim. and if I can get it to work for both, then it will prove useful for me, in future stage making. There are hundreds of retro games out there, that have not seen any kind of fame, or light in areas like this. So, my goal is to see that happen.

At some point Thursday, I'll be updating the statuses of all games in the list, that I've been working on, while I was away from here. I can say, that none of the stages from the listed games in question, are ready for WIP status. As I want to make them as authentic or as diverse as possible, depending on the structure of the game.

Vecta has also asked me to make a solid tutorial, using the tool that I use, to rip layers from SNES games, much like a tutorial was made, for anyone interested in learning how to use SORMaker, to make their own mod. I have my work cut out for me, and it will still be done from easiest to hardest. My apologies for not being active in such a long time. But, that is what I've been doing. So don't worry, I'm still ripping, still creating. Just juggling a LOT of things at once. You all will know, when I have something available.

When I have something more to put up, it will be put here first. Hope this is good enough of an update from me. Anyone having anything to ask, don't hesitate to ask. I'm all ears  :thumbsup:

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2013, 12:23:58 PM »
Groovy,,,

Take your time and get back when you can....

heres another idea for ya if you can rip from this game...you might find some stages from here too^^

and stages from this game...YES there are stages of this game but i dont think they will be as good as you do it man..
its like the authors went half  way...just by seeing how the background is...

KUZANA ENCOUNTER TAG BATTLE
!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:22:07 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 10:26:44 PM »
Having to take yet another unexpected delay, due to work. The good news is that my vacation is right around the corner. But I want to get back into ripping the massive list that has been building on the first page post.

I will say this, part of any stages released from that list, will be compatible with proper dimensions for both WinMugen Plus & Mugen 1.0. I'm already working on a stage, that will be my first Mugen 1.0 release. But it will be ready made for WM+ as well. So still sit tight guys and girls. The list is long, so expect some delays.

I'll add Eightman to the list when I can.

Stay frosty guys, until my next actual update. 8)

DV's Works

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 11:39:23 AM »
 :O*D

heres another idea for the pot of maybes...

This stage here in the first fight of the arcade version of this classic
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:29:27 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar