collapse

Author Topic: The gaming news of April  (Read 1903 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
The gaming news of April
« on: April 07, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
Been away for a hot while offline since i was moving to a new apartment. But ill be posting on some things ive read on and seen while i was at work at the time...

But to start off the gaming news right im reposting this flavaful Trailer here of my lady Bayonetta gettin sexy on em in this wild game here coming as i spoke on before that she's making a special appearance

Courtesy video find of Swiziga...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeO1n7fL_zE&feature=player_embedded#

and yes the developers are trying to get the Battletoads in there too as DLC
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/122/1222448p1.html

Crystal Conquest
Publisher: Square Enix
Platform: Browser
Genre: Online Battle Strategy Action
Origin: Japan
Release: Summer 2012

Visuals so far remind me of Valkyrie profile in a nostalgic way
(click to show/hide)

Kadokawa Games and Grasshopper announced Killer is Dead for PS3 and Xbox 360, which is an assassination adventure game, but it is not a sequel to Killer 7, the game will have original story and characters, and the keywords are Moon and Earth, there will be sword skills like in No More Heroes, plus a lot of ladies.

Ubisoft announced that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be coming to PC on June 12, three weeks later than the Xbox 360 and PS3 version on May 22. The PC version require Internet connection to register and activate the product.

GamesIndustry reported that a number of anonymous developers said that Wii U does not have the graphical horsepower to compete with current generation console Xbox 360 and PS3, despite being able to output video in HD format. One reason is that Wii U doesn't have as many shaders, it is not as capable, overall it can't quite keep up to the same level as PS3 or 360. Another concern is that only one tablet controller can be active and it must be within certain distance to the console, which means multiple players on the same console must use non-tablet controller and leading to different experience. Another developer suggests that PS3 and PS Vita can do what the Wii U and tablet controller can do already.

RUMOR: Nintendo has tentatively set the launch date of Wii U on November 18 in North America and November 25 in Japan, according to a memo from Japanese retailer Media Land.

RUMOR: VG247 reported that the next PlayStation will launch ahead of the next Xbox console sometimes in 2013; and Sony and its favoured partners are already working on software for the console. Another speculation suggests that PS4 will use PS Vita as its tablet style input controller, and for development, it will adopt DirectX instead of custom API, and Sony will provide development environment similar to PC and Xbox 360.

RUMOR: Kotaku reported that Sony's next console is codenamed Orbis, and it will launch in the holidays of 2013, the machine will have no backward compatibility to PS3, it will lock games to single PSN account, and have some sort of anti-used-game measure. A used game will be restricted to limited trial mode or some form of content restriction. The machine will adopt AMD x64 CPU and Southern Islands GPU instead of Cell processors, and it can display resolution of 4096x2160 and 3D at 1080p.

Konami producer David Cox posted in his Twitter account that he is working on a successor of Castlevania: Lord of Shadow.

Bandai Namco announced the latest anime series Saint Seiya Omega will be getting a game treatment. The latest Saint Seiya game was released on PS3 in 2011.

Sega announced its arcade shooters The House of the Dead 3 & 4 will be coming to Japanese PSN on April 19, for 1000 yen each, both games will support HD visual, online ranking and PlayStation Move.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:08:03 PM by DeMoNk@I »

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: The gaming news of April
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
[Biohazard] Resident Evil 6
Publisher: Capcom
Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Genre: Survival Horror Adventure
Origin: Japan, North America, Europe
Release: Oct 2, 2012

Capcom released a new trailer of [Biohazard] Resident Evil 6. Executive producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi said that around 600 staffs working on the Resident Evil 6 project, and 150 are in-house staff. The game will have around 30 hours of gameplay, each of the 3 protagonists will have their own story, you can play the 3 characters in any order you like. All 3 characters will wind up in the same area in China.

The 3 main characters Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield and new comer Jake Muller will have their own partners. Jake Muller is Albert Wesker's son, but he has been abandoned by Wesker when he was a child. Jake's story starts in eastern European country Edonia, he is a mercenary specializes in close combats, his partner is Sherry Birkin from RE2, the daughter of G-Virus creator William Birkin. Jake is immune to the new C-Virus that has infected the RE6 world, he is the key to fight the C-Virus in the story.

Leon's campaign is a mix of RE4 and RE2, he will begin is story with partner Helena in an abandoned university building. He will help a lost girl Liza reunite with her father, but then Liza turned into a zombie by the C-Virus and killed her father, at the end she also bites Leon.

A new type of zombie called J'avo will be in the game, which can regenerate itself into more power monsters. The C-Virus infected zombies will have intelligence like picking up weapons to attack you.

Project X Zone
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Platform: 3DS
Genre: Strategy RPG
Origin: Japan
Release: 2012

Here are some new images of Bandai Namco's crossover strategy RPG Project X Zone, the characters will attack in pairs.
(click to show/hide)

and in more cool news..

Bandai Namco announced that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 will be coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in September, the home version will be based on Tekken Tag Tourname 2 Unlimited, you can play in 1 on 1, 2 on 1 or 2 on 2 modes, and there will be 44 playable characters from the arcade version, plus additional characters and a new Fight Lab mode.

Capcom revealed that Street Fighter X Tekken for PS Vita will have cross-matching with the PS3 version, it will also have touch control, you can assign special moves to hot keys and access them by touching the four corners of the screen.

Capcom announced Resident Evil 6 Premium Edition for PS3 and Xbox 360, which will be out on October 2 for a whopping 105,000 yen (US$1299). It comes with a limited Leon Lether Jacket (geniune leather, available in S/M/L/XL sizes), and four tablet case covers (healing item in RE6).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:57:15 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 10:04:42 PM »
Dragon Ball Z Kinect

Platform: Xbox 360
Genre: Fighting
Release: Oct 2012
share on facebook      Bookmark and Share

Here are some new screenshots of Bandai Namco's Dragon Ball Z Kinect for Xbox 360, a Kinect exclusive fighting game based on the Dragon Ball Z storyline, now you can perform the fireball blasts with your own hands! Dragon Ball Z Kinect will be coming in Japan in October.

"HMMM pretty cool"

(click to show/hide)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 01:37:59 AM »
Now that guy making sense, he was playing in DBZ Kinect's alpha!
(click to show/hide)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
Now that guy making sense, he was playing in DBZ Kinect's alpha!
(click to show/hide)

lol yeh pretty much

Post Merge: April 18, 2012, 07:39:47 PM
DEAD SPACE 3
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1223181p1.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:39:47 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Moon Girard

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 17, 2015, 10:19:57 PM

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:04:46 AM »
cool, maybe Kratos will actually not be Dispicable in this one then.

Hopefully he'll use the spear and shield weaponset he had in Ghost of sparta as his main weapon, that'd be cool.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:36:39 PM »
In news today

Atlus announced that the home version of Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena [Persona 4 Arena] for PS3 and Xbox 360 will have a new story mode. You begin the story mode with four playable characters, additional characters can be unlocked as the story progresses. *in my angry nerd voice*. "TAKE F*CKIN NOTES CAPCOM!..UNLOCK EXTRA CHARACTERS THROUGH STORY PROGESS!!" ~X(

ehem...ok im back :|

The game will be out in Japan on Aug 2......

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Moon Girard

• Initiate
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 02:34:07 AM »
That's talking about unlocking the characters story not them being playable i doubt the game would give you four characters and make you unlock the rest it would be terrible for tourneys or people who don't care for story mode.

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 08:12:31 AM »
That's talking about unlocking the characters story not them being playable i doubt the game would give you four characters and make you unlock the rest it would be terrible for tourneys or people who don't care for story mode.
Well, the Persona games are almost exclusively ABOUT story mode, so it works out.

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
Well, the Persona games are almost exclusively ABOUT story mode, so it works out.

extremely very very true bro! ::salute::

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Genre: Fighting
Release: Sep 2012

"And Kai shall have this one also!! \-/o"      

Here are some new screenshots of Bandai Namco's Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for PS3 and Xbox 360, scheduled for a September release worldwide. The game will have over 50 playable characters, and a new Fight Lab mode will be added to the home version, in which your mission is to build a battle robot, there will be mini games and fights for you to obtain parts to customize your robot, and tune its skills. The game will also have 2-on-2, 1-on-1 and 2-on-1 combats, the strength of the characters will be adjusted based on the play mode. There won't be any premium DLC for the game.

(click to show/hide)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Moon Girard

• Initiate
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:27:53 AM »
Spoilers probably.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/23/batman-arkham-citys-final-chapter-is-harley-quinns-revenge/
Rocksteady Studios have just announced the Game of the Year Edition of the award winning Batman: Arkham City. Includes Catwoman DLC, Nightwing, Robin, Arkham City Skin pack, Challenge Pack, Batman: Year One Movie, and finally, introducing the FINAL Chapter; Harley Quinn's Revenge Expansion Pack.
April 23, 2012 –Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition. The expanded version of the award-winning blockbuster videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios is scheduled for release in North America starting May 29, and in Europe, Australia and other global territories in September, for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation3 computer entertainment system.

WTF at that boxart.

The Harley Quinn's Revenge mission sends players back into Arkham City to face their final challenge as they interchange between playing as both Batman and Robin. Gamers must utilize each of the characters' unique combat and investigative skills to uncover Harley's vengeful plan and shut the gates on the urban mega-prison forever. In addition to experiencing a new storyline, fans can explore new environments and face-off against Harley's all new gang of thugs.

The final chapter in Batman: Arkham City that adds more than two hours of original gameplay to the critically-acclaimed interactive title.

Date Amendment: Harley Quinn's Revenge will be available individually May 29th (PSN) and May 30th (XBL). Apologies for the confusion!
https://twitter.com/#!/arkhamcitynews/status/194425031332339712
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:54:13 AM by Zer0 »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 11:15:12 AM »
See, now I might consider picking this game up. I had a feeling that if I waited long enough, I'd get the WHOLE game for $60 bucks.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »
See, now I might consider picking this game up. I had a feeling that if I waited long enough, I'd get the WHOLE game for $60 bucks.

Good call, it's a great game all the way through.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »
Activision announced that the next Call of Duty game will be officially revealed on May 1, a countdown has been opened in the official website.

Capcom announced Capcom Summer Jam, a new game event which takes place in Tokyo on June 30 and July 1st; you will be able to test play Capcom's latest game titles, as well as watching stage shows during the events. More details will be revealed on May 10.

Aqua Plus postponed the release date of its PS3 figthting game AquaPazza from June 28 to July 26 in Japan, the game features characters from Aqua Plus's three adventure games To Heart, Tears to Tiara and Utawareru Mono.

Sony has registered the domain playstationallstarsbattleroyale.com in US, which seems to confirm the name of Sony's upcoming fighting game as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

....WHERES LANDO?? :D :DxDie

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
Woah, that's an interesting news, I wonder what they're cooking for us. /:O
I hope not something like that - http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/04/20/marvel_vs._capcom_2_coming_to_ios_on_april_25th . I wish there was public execution for people who decides to make ports like this... >:D Why not something with buttons, goddamit!? ~X(

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 06:25:46 PM »
Woah, that's an interesting news, I wonder what they're cooking for us. /:O
I hope not something like that - http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/04/20/marvel_vs._capcom_2_coming_to_ios_on_april_25th . I wish there was public execution for people who decides to make ports like this... >:D Why not something with buttons, goddamit!? ~X(

lol wow mvc2 on iphones

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »
That BM: GOTY looks intense. Makes me wish I could get it, but hopefully I can pickup a DLC version of the last chapter.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »
SNK PLAYMORE USA Releases “IKARI III: THE RESCUE”
http://orochinagi.com/2012/04/ikari-warriors-iii-psn

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 12:05:17 AM »
Looks laggy as hell.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 03:51:10 PM »

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

....WHERES LANDO?? :D :DxDie

:o /:O /:O /:O /:O OMFG those copyright  infringing sons of a  \-/o !

their milking knows no Bounds!  o.O# >o:-( >o:-(

wait, they have aan "E" at the end or royal. hmmm i might overlook that but still..... :|

yo i am surely gonna check out the bethesda game.  i just played the Ninja gaiden 3 demo. ... not bad .

thinkin of dl the demo to Bloodrage game. see whats that like.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »
:o /:O /:O /:O /:O OMFG those copyright  infringing sons of a  \-/o !

their milking knows no Bounds!  o.O# >o:-( >o:-(

wait, they have aan "E" at the end or royal. hmmm i might overlook that but still..... :|

yo i am surely gonna check out the bethesda game.  i just played the Ninja gaiden 3 demo. ... not bad .

thinkin of dl the demo to Bloodrage game. see whats that like.

:D crazy right? as soon as i saw battleroyale i laughed my @ss off. But yo i heard ninja gaiden 3 was suspect. BUT i just got prototype 2 today and im diggin it as i hoped! :)

@shadaloo: yeh man good looks on this post. I saw just pics before, maybe one or two but damn i hope this is another bethesda banga i gotta get...man im gonna miss my fallout 3 lead artist designer though. RIP...they should recruit dark artist BROM!!! Hes oozing with bethesda style...love that dudes works

anyway back to the news...

Project Zwei
Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
Developer: Tango Gameworks
Platform: TBA
Genre: Survival Horror
Release: TBA

"As a horror movie fan i hope he nails what hes cooking up [-O<...i hope it sucks me in like RE 1 DID. And also games like Alan wake and silent hill (yes i know he didnt do those).
games like that when it comes to sound and visuals really get my attention while playing. The sh*t thats even crazier is that he teamed up with BETHESDA for this project. i can only imagine how crazy it will look.
but again i gotta see some footage  :-SS..."

Tango Gameworks announced a new survival horror game called Project Zwei, the producer is Shinji Mikami (ex-Resident Evil director). The game is still in early stage of development, Mikami said the game will be a pure survival horror game, pusing the limits of fear and exhilaration. "A true survival horror game is one in which the player confronts and overcomes fear," says Mikami, president and creative director for Tango Gameworks. "I've found my focus and once again I'm striving for pure survival horror. I am being very hands-on in the development of this game to ensure that the quality is there. Rest assured."

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:29:32 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar