collapse

Author Topic: MegaMan Will Return "In Due Course"  (Read 37530 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
Re: MegaMan Will Return "In Due Course"
« Reply #100 on: January 15, 2013, 09:53:28 PM »
Sorry dude, I want a new Legends. I went on a limb getting that game when it came out and was not dissapointed, and hot damn the second one blew the first out of the water. I'm want Legends 3 more than any game that could come out. There was no good reason not to make it for Wii, most of the people that want it are also die-hard Nintendo fans, Legends 3 on Wii would have practically printed money for Capcom.

So if the final option was to move the games to new platforms, the Wii U would be perfect.
Id like that too but its un likely to happen. Ill Qoute my self....

I gotcha but im letting people here know where i stand. I dont want to be lumped in to that category. Crapcoms has pooed on everything, not just megs. Tho it does seem like he's taking it the worst. L3 is just a piece of a bigger puzzle. If people just focus on that we'll get no where. Which is why we probably havent had any affect. People need to show dismay for the treatment and love for the entirety of Megaman. Megaman as a whole is cash in the bank. Legends is just a cult thing. There aint no money in that. Thats why L3 is canned. Its a project that requires a  large budget but there wont be a return on there investment. What people need to do is rally together and get some of the more profitable series support. When they have a lot of turn over they then can take chances and see if L3 or other smaller quarks in the MM staple can have a chance in today's market.

Many people that cry are grown. They are a small part of the market. The video game industry has grown allot since megs prime. The type of games Meg series deliverers just dont have a place in the market. ThATS why so many of them are release on handhelds. Small investment so it not with a big hit taken if they games fell or just dont do as well as predicted.

That leads to the third reason why megs is canned. Support! Many company's release sides story's or smaller games on handhelds to test water. If its draws in large crowd then they know it will do well on a large console. I been guilty of this, Gettting mad or not buying a game because it was released on a handle held. Another series that suffered similar troubles is the Castlevania series. Im not going to talk about that tho cause its a whole nother ball game. My ponit is its also consumers to blame too. The companies love the verbal support but at the end of the day its a business and they love what in your wallet more.

The great thing is megaman has been its own nitch in the market. With noone to fill it. That right there is its strongest asset. Crapcom knows this its just about finding the right pitch. Maybe this is a good thing too. That being the absence of megaman. Look at Sonic and Mario. Mario is not the same as its original incarnation or nor is Sonic. The difference is this. Mario (performer series) decided to take the approach that if something aint broken dont fix it. All Nintendo has done with the game series is add on to its core. Where as sega wanted to reinvent Sonic again and again and again and  again and  again...... But they finally seem like they figured it out or at least are learning.

I would want to see megs make a come back like mario. I dont want him ending up like the blue blur. So ill wait and show my support for the MM series. Cause i know one day he'll be back.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 09, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2013, 10:44:22 PM »
Already read that.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2013, 02:15:13 AM »
Mmmmm maybe I can say Tron was about to send.something to excavate trigger from the moon but quint stole the parts.......

Anyways  so anyone has ideas on how the mm series can be updated to fit 2 days demographic. the linear gameplay won't work in todays society on a major platform. Legend Series excluded. so what could be some things to add or update the gameplay to make it more full so to speak? let's try to put some ideas out there instead of harping that we want it return. I'd love to hear then. Maybe post some of the better ones on crapcoms blog/ forum. Ideas like batzarros tho that's maybe developed into a bor game.

Offline Astaroth

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 19, 2015, 10:38:42 PM
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2013, 03:00:50 AM »
Yuck, after what happened with Devil May Cry and Bionic Commando, I don't want to think what would possibly happen if Capcom attempted to "update the series to fit today's demographic."  Or at least what they think today's demographic is.  Yikes, that could be bad.

In regards to gameplay though, I kind of disagree about linear gameplay being unworkable.  Just look at the success of the Mario Galaxy games.  It would kind of feel wrong for the classic series at least to deviate from being sidescrollers.  But if you had a new sub-series in mind I'd be down for that.  I always kind of envisioned a 3D Mega Man platformer to play similarly to the Ratchet and Clank games.  And going off your idea for a more open-world environment, base the game in a large Metroid/Symphony of the Night style map with Mega Man finding more weapons/gear/upgrades as he progresses and there you go.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2013, 07:30:00 PM »
Your idea for a Metroid/Symphony of night thing sounds good...also look at linear platformers that have recently found success, like Rayman Origins, Limbo and Braid.

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2013, 12:21:19 AM »
 <_<|...|

(...Capcom gets tips from NIS about how to still make sprites viable in today's gaming markets...realize they should have done that in the FIRST PLACE on X7 and X8 and work it PROPERLY for another MM/MMX game...roll in the dough!)...maybe...

o.O#

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »
Well, I want to see a remake of MegaMan 3, very akin to RockMan Online, but with playable robot masters.
I would call it MegaMan3DS, since it would be Nintendo 3DS exclusive.
The robot masters would also get a slight design revamp. Something like MegaMan Megamix, but not too many changes.

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
Well, I want to see a remake of MegaMan 3, very akin to RockMan Online, but with playable robot masters.
I would call it MegaMan3DS, since it would be Nintendo 3DS exclusive.
The robot masters would also get a slight design revamp. Something like MegaMan Megamix, but not too many changes.

Honestly, I feel that as Megaman is, for the most part, a CAPCOM character, he should be BEYOND console exclusive now...I'm getting really really tired of console exclusive franchise or company characters...it's understandable with characters like Mario and the sort, but Megaman should be beyond that kinda thing by now. Honestly, I think in our struggling economic times (worldwide) I REALLY think developers and companies should be thinking how to reach more cost-conservative gamers while still making profit. While this may seem impossible, I'm confident it's completely possible if they just take the time to put effort into it. My two cents on the matter of console exclusivity...

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2013, 11:28:03 PM »
Your idea for a Metroid/Symphony of night thing sounds good...also look at linear platformers that have recently found success, like Rayman Origins, Limbo and Braid.

Capcom already tried this approach somehow with ZX and ZX Advent...didn't sell that good and they canned the entire franchise

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2013, 12:55:17 AM »
Capcom already tried this approach somehow with ZX and ZX Advent...didn't sell that good and they canned the entire franchise

That's a damn shame too, cause I was really getting into that series. Gawd, the Expert ending to ZX Advent... man...
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
Street Fighter X Mega Man V2 now available

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Capcom Answers Your Questions About Street Fighter X Mega Man
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/01/03/capcom-answers-your-questions-about-street-fighter-x-mega-man/

Okay, so this one is a little late in coming.

When Capcom revealed the trailer for Street Fighter X Mega Man, we noticed there were a lot of questions and a lot of confusion surrounding the anniversary release. To help alleviate this, we went around and gathered as many of the most frequently-asked and burning inquiries we could find about the game, and brought them before Capcom in the hopes of delivering to you the ultimate Street Fighter X Mega Man FAQ.

The only problem? Well, the game was released right as we were headed into the heavy holiday vacation season, and things got sidetracked– that is, until now. Thanks to Senior Community Manager Brett “Brelston” Elston, we have answers to 16 down-right fierce questions that the community (these all came from you guys around the web; we’re just along for the ride this time) have posed.

———

1) Is this really an official Capcom product, or just a fan game?

BE: It’s true that Zong Hui began work on this game years ago as a passion project. But due to schoolwork and other obligations, it took years to even get a few bosses done, so when he approached Christian at EVO this year, our partnership made timely completion of the project possible. Zong Hui and his small team collaborated with us at Capcom USA, making this a true merging of fan game and official title. It’s not the first time the Mega Man series has gone outside Capcom as well; Inti Creates largely handled MM9 and 10, as well as the entire Zero/ZX series. This is just another partnership with a team – just so happens they’re “civilians,” haha.

2) Did Capcom have anything to do with this besides buying it?

BE: As mentioned elsewhere, we provided financial assistance, as well as ongoing feedback regarding bosses, gameplay and other issues. Given the tight dev window, we know there are a few rough edges left, even with a dozen people looking at this. To that end, we can say we’re working on a V2 that will release soon and hopefully address some of those known issues. It’s not adding content, but we’ve been reading responses and can “tighten up” a few things before the end of the year.

3) Another NES-style game? Will Capcom ever move away from this and show some effort?

BE: I’d object to the word “effort,” but the point is taken – we’ve done the 8-bit approach three times now, and even as someone with NES Mega Man coursing though his veins I’m eager to see something fresh. That gets into the whole “What’s Next?” discussion that Christian has mentioned before… we’re constantly talking about this brand and its future. Can’t say what the future is, but know there IS a future.

4) Is this really how you plan to end Mega Man‘s 25th anniversary?

BE: Like we’ve said, this is the start. Japan led up to December, while in the US we had so much Street Fighter 25th Anniversary activity we had to focus on that. With that concluded (spectacularly, if I may toot our Grand Finals horn for a moment), we can kick off MM25 with SFxMM, the Avatar outfits, the 3DS ports and so on, and then come back in 2013 with more fun stuff. We’re not done.

5) Why is it “Street Fighter X Mega Man?” Wasn’t it originally “Mega Man X Street Fighter” before you got a hold of it? You’re just trying to push more Street Fighter on us over Mega Man!

BE: There’s no one major reason for the change, but rather a few small things that added up. One, we liked the idea of beginning with SF leading into MM, as that’s how the anniversaries play out. Also, ending with “Mega Man” feels like it puts more emphasis on him, as it’s the last thing you say when discussing the (literal) title.

6) Is this game canon to the Mega Man series? / Is this the official explanation for Dr. Light’s inclusion of the Hadouken & Shoryuken upgrades for X?

BE: Not canon, not explaining the MMX Street Fighter moves (which were in the same fun spirit as SFxMM).

7) Mega Man must obey the First Law of Robotics! So why can he just go around shooting people? / Is Mega Man fighting SF robots? I don’t want to kill Chun Li!

BE: Again, it’s not meant to sit and think about the “why,” it’s just a fun token, a special present for fans as we head into MM25. But for the sake of argument, the ending of Mega Man 7 sure blurs the line as to how far Mega Man can be pushed before harming a human

8) Can I use a controller instead of my keyboard?

BE: Of course, though trying to use virtual controllers can introduce problems. We’ve heard some reports of issues with certain controllers, and we hope to address some of that with the upcoming V2 of SFxMM, which is set to come out later this month. It’s not adding content, but should address a handful of performance issues.

9) Why is this PC-only? Why aren’t you releasing it for Mac, Steam, XBLA, etc.?

BE: PC is the easiest way to deliver a free game. Open platforms are made for this. Bringing it elsewhere requires all sorts of approvals, submissions and so on, which affect price and timing. Furthermore, once it’s out for free, how many would buy the same game on a console when it’s identical? Could we add more stuff and charge for a different take on SFxMM? Possibly, but there are no plans at this time.

10) Is this all we’re getting for Mega Man‘s 25th anniversary? Do you expect this to “make things right?”

BE: There’s no denying the hard year Mega Man fans have had. As a lifelong fan myself, I feel it too, but do hope SFxMM scratches the itch. It’s not meant to be the best Mega Man game of all time, to make everything completely cool with the community, but rather a chance to elevate a fan effort in celebration of both franchises turning 25. I believe it succeeds on that front, and that Zong Hui made a super fun (to play and to see) product.

11) Will Capcom be doing this again with other fan games, like that Mega Man 25th anniversary game or “Mega Man X Corrupted”?

BE: As Christian’s said before, SFxMM was a very organic process, and an extremely special case. It does open the door to some interesting conversations, but right now there are no further, similar plans.

12) You said that how many times the game is downloaded could affect the direction of the franchise; can you explain how? What if I want to support Mega Man/a particular MM series, but don’t want more 8-bit Mega Man? And you’re not going to just take this as a show of support for Street Fighter and ignore Mega Man instead, are you?

BE: The traffic to Capcom Unity on 12/17 was insane. Broke the site. That’s a pretty clear sign of interest in the character and brand. But the many different versions of Mega Man get back to that “What’s Next?” question; there were so many SKUs coming out rapid-fire, doing different things and hitting a similar (but slightly different) audience that it’s extremely hard to make a modern Mega Man plan that addresses everything and everyone. The 8-bit gimmick is nice, and that sprite is iconic and never going away, but I’d also speculate that’s not all we want to do in the future.

13) Will the special moves be performed like Street Fighter moves (i.e. D, DF, F+Attack for Hadouken)?

BE: The boss weapons are triggered like normal MM weapons, but there’s one SF-style move that people have discovered…

14) Does this mean we can get a Street Fighter x Mega Man crossover comic from Archie?

BE: Considering Sonic and Mega Man are meeting in 2013, surely Ryu meeting Mega Man could happen too. But nothing on the Archie front at the moment, that I’m aware of.

15) Why is it free? There has to be some sort of catch.

BE: I suppose the only catch is you can accidentally hit ESC and close the program, haha (and yeah, that’s something we’re looking at for V2)

16) Is this the best we’re going to get for Mega Man‘s 25th anniversary?

BE: When we say we’ve concluded MM25, that’ll be for you guys to decide

Old video

Cut Man, Elec Man and Fire Man now in 360 Avatar store

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/01/16/cut-man-elec-man-and-fire-man-now-in-360-avatar-store

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »
Honestly, I feel that as Megaman is, for the most part, a CAPCOM character, he should be BEYOND console exclusive now...I'm getting really really tired of console exclusive franchise or company characters...it's understandable with characters like Mario and the sort, but Megaman should be beyond that kinda thing by now. Honestly, I think in our struggling economic times (worldwide) I REALLY think developers and companies should be thinking how to reach more cost-conservative gamers while still making profit. While this may seem impossible, I'm confident it's completely possible if they just take the time to put effort into it. My two cents on the matter of console exclusivity...
You've got a point, but a game like MegaMan3DS only works with consoles, that have 3D support.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2013, 09:41:21 PM »
Our friend DG showing his love for the Blue Bomber.

Please check out his other pieces at http://darkgargos.deviantart.com/

A video showing that our boy blue aint one to be taken lightly in the MVC series

!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 10:45:34 PM by Rage »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »
Awesome finds

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »
I enjoyed these. I hope yall do too.

60 MegaMan Illustrations that Rocks
http://petshopboxstudio.com/blog/inspiration/60-megaman-illustrations-that-rocks/

« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:14:43 AM by Rage »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »
Doh now that song is stuck in my head again.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »
Doh now that song is stuck in my head again.

Ironically the way I beat airman is not dodging anything and just shooting him until he dies. yet this guys somehow loses with that strategy.

Offline ChAoTiC

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 19, 2022, 08:06:22 PM
    • EMPTECLIP5E
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
How did this game get thrown under the radar?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2013, 12:26:08 AM »
How did this game get thrown under the radar?
I say it has to do with the fact that it was (originally) JPN exclusive

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2013, 08:56:49 PM »
I say it has to do with the fact that it was (originally) JPN exclusive
Indeed i didnt know it was going out side Japan.

Im a little late on posting this but its a nice little find. Great little game to play with a group of friends.  Remember its a beta.

Mega Man Perfect Harmony

Get it here:

http://rocksclan.com/

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2013, 11:45:19 PM »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »
Pretty funny vid.

Though has this thread become the "post random fan made Rockman stuffs" thread?

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2013, 02:06:29 AM »
Well... yep :)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2013, 02:08:34 AM »
well ... at the risk of offending around half of IMT, I'm not going to comment.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2013, 02:14:00 AM »
:D lolz, not a fan of MLP either, but game looks fun, will give it a try. (and also Phoe rulez! :D)
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal