collapse

Author Topic: The Official DEAD ISLAND Thread  (Read 2118 times)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
Re: The Official DEAD ISLAND Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:30 AM »
Damn, that sucks. I'll be sure to finish off everything before heading over then. I've never been to the jungle yet either, is that over where the prison is or before then.? Ever find a way to get into that gun store also.? It's been bugging me as I know I went back when I had the mayor key but nothing new came up. I'll try it again when I get it with Purna though and see.

Also, I've never checked but out in front of City Hall, is that just another part of the city that leads you to the rest.? 'Cause when the zombies storm it I see that you can walk out the front door, just didn't check around last time as I was getting my @ss handed to me at the time. XD

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:32 AM »
lol yeh that gun shop is another side mission to a degree. at some point me and a friend ran up on some survivors trying to burst in. well we help em in and then we had to clean the place. But the alarm goes off and we had to fend off a swarm of the infected! I seen it happen only in my friends game though when i joined em. i was helping him out since i was levels higher. Only thing that was pointless about getting into the gun shop was i was like level 31 at the time and every gun in there was weak as hell to the guns i had and upgraded.

That city hall deal i cant really say. you may be able to get in that area youre curious about my guess is. I never tried to. i may do it this time playing a second time around. The zombies bum rush the area anyway and killed everyone there so i dont know maybe theres some way we havent seen yet like Jasons House in the jungle.

and nah the jungle is a different place than the prison which is on another island like alcatraz. Its before you get to the prison. Its the source and history where the infection came from. The path to the jungle has its own tunnel actually from the city to get to. youll deal with that when you have get back to the armored truck and the Hill billy girl has to show u the way on the walk through.

and man...whatever you do dont experiment leaving your weapons out in the open in a hut thinking you can step off some miles away and then come back like its falllout 3 smdh...i tried that dumb sh*t and the game auto saved while i was at the light house droppin that woman off and i went back to the hut and they were all gone SMDH! o.O#

i mean im crazy leveled up with the hand melee weapons so its not a big deal but i found and upgraded a lot of guns since my last game so that sucks :(
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:07 AM »
ATTENTION! I HAD GOOD LUCK!
As I started getting mobbed through the city, I turned on my Fury and Sam B. With Infected beginning to attack, by the time it was over, I got a 3x multiplier and leveled up 2 times. I was level 25 when I started and now I'm level 27.
VICTORY FOR THE GATLING PUNCH! :w00t:

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:30 PM »
ATTENTION! I HAD GOOD LUCK!
As I started getting mobbed through the city, I turned on my Fury and Sam B. With Infected beginning to attack, by the time it was over, I got a 3x multiplier and leveled up 2 times. I was level 25 when I started and now I'm level 27.
VICTORY FOR THE GATLING PUNCH! :w00t:

lol  good sh*t!! :)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »
Okay, so I'm at the same spot now my game screwed up on last time (Third Head of Cerberus). I went into that area where I get to all the speakers and again, my game started glitching out bad. Same glitches as before (minus the load screen font thing) but this time I had one new thing to deal with. If I was on top of anything, it's as if I was invisible to zombies. As soon as I'd touch the ground, zombies would come out of anywhere possible. Multiples coming from the sky, as if packs of ninjas. They'd come non-stop as long as I was on the ground as well, so there was no rest and to top it off they were all the infected kind. Some even ran on air as well.

I just said screw it and turned off the game, knowing it hadn't saved since I hit the area. So, my game's still good but until I get some patches on this game, I'm not touching that spot at all again. Which means I won't get the Piranha mod though. So, what does that do anyways.?

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
wow thats crazy man :| Never had those glitches that bad as you did in that area^^

yeah id chill out also till those patches are fixed. that sucks man. im running through it a second play around now at level 40. I just got back into the city. i did a whole lot more side missions i wasnt aware was there that first time. I went on a fallout 3 sorta adventure this time. I look at the map and see what areas are still in green and i just roll there and see what happens. Ran into some amusing areas. I dont feel to intimidated now since my level and attributes are up there and tweaked on the weapons and attacks. My gun play does heavy damage now so thats a good feeling.

that Piranha mod i havent experimented with yet but when i get it (if i dont have it already) ill test it out and see what it does. So far i like that super electric shock hit for that big sledge hammer i have to send the big dudes (walking zombies) flying away. My swords are now pumped up to make meat sauce of those RAM dudes.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2011, 09:20:46 PM »
Yea, I actually spent most of the day visiting anything in green I could. In short, found a whole lot of IDs. At least like 10-15 or so. XD Even a mod or two as well.

Finally gonna head to the jungle now as well as I believe I've covered every single side quest now that I could (short of Third Head of Cerberus).

(click to show/hide)

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2011, 10:43:56 PM »
Yea, I actually spent most of the day visiting anything in green I could. In short, found a whole lot of IDs. At least like 10-15 or so. XD Even a mod or two as well.

Finally gonna head to the jungle now as well as I believe I've covered every single side quest now that I could (short of Third Head of Cerberus).
Batz! I just got a new record for lost cash! 42k.
Damn butcher rush. All over a sudden in the jungle, LITERALLY 3 BUTCHERS out of nowhere and me without a molotov.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »
Simply put, I'm going to murder someone. My game got f*cking corrupted again.! For no reason I can tell this time, wasn't going through anything with retarded glitches. I am livid..

Two things I'm gonna try from here to fix this.. 1) Download the glitch fixing patch. I've yet to do that but didn't think it mattered too much considering I've stayed away from them.. Guess it did matter.. 2) Have my bro invite me online to play, hopefully it just has to do with wherever the hell it's trying to spawn me.

If these things don't work, I think I'm officially done here as I am absolutely f*cking p*ssed. I'm talking enough to get me a Red Lantern ring.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »
I finally installed it last night (I can give the link to the best copy if anyone wants it), saves like a charm and loads like a charm. Barely any glitches that I've noticed. I got to Act 2 already, because I played the game from like 11pm to 6am... and then again for 4+ hours today. It's really really fun. It does indeed remind me of Far Cry 2, but more action packed and gives you that closed in type of feeling that we've all been wanting from the new Resident Evil games... Anyways. yeah. It's a lot of fun. I'm like... 65-70% done with the main story already I believe... maybe more than that. Last time I checked it was about 55% and that was this afternoon. Level... 26? I think now. yeah. Handgun's are fun. Machine gun's stink with bullets, though I do love that it... well at least it appears to be an ak-47. I want to go to the police station soon. Hopefully they have the big guns there.

Post Merge: September 20, 2011, 06:46:22 PM
So is anyone still playing this or did y'all beat it already? lol. I'm 80% done with the game so far.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:46:41 PM by ATiC3 »

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
So is anyone still playing this or did y'all beat it already? lol. I'm 80% done with the game so far.

been beat it. im just running through it again doing stuff i missed and trying to see that dead island Jason in da flesh.
Its a bit more fun the second time around since im like at level 41 now and all my melee and guns do way more damage to the infected now. More abilities n such also. Theres still some weird bugs in it but not as bad as Batz issue thank god #:-S That really sucks that he experienced that. i would be heated^^ But anyway i just appreciate the game. It opened a new Door for zombie style games that are open ended to a degree. If they do a next one im sure they will fix the bugs in it...

i thought this guys reviews were funny. first of all when i got the hammer i chucked that sh*t as soon as i got it. first weapon i got was the boat paddle. why the f*ck he would choose to go through the bullsh*t with a hammer is beyond me but this is why i test a game out for myself instead of listening to a persons non skillful rant about how hard it is. the other funny sh*t about that is he makes it seem like Dead rising 2 was a walk in the damn park! sh*t at least in this game you can run to a work bench nearby someway and fix yo sh*t!  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0guq30tIfaI&feature=relmfu#
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:43:56 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »
Nice. I haven't beat first playthrough yet. I'm only about 78% done now. I got to the laboratory and what's great about it is that if you have a mission that started there... stay on that mission.. check everything in that lab, then quit the game, and click continue. I mainly go for the 2 fridges in the doctor's office at the back wall and then I go to the safe's in the other section of the lab. I did this 6 times and got like $25,000-30,000. It's a great, easy way to make money in the game.

Edit: That number is AFTER I traded the champagne I got (like 5-8 of them) to the lady on the island.. she trades you diamonds and you can sell those diamonds for $1,500 each to any of the traders.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
Nice. I haven't beat first playthrough yet. I'm only about 78% done now. I got to the laboratory and what's great about it is that if you have a mission that started there... stay on that mission.. check everything in that lab, then quit the game, and click continue. I mainly go for the 2 fridges in the doctor's office at the back wall and then I go to the safe's in the other section of the lab. I did this 6 times and got like $25,000-30,000. It's a great, easy way to make money in the game.

Edit: That number is AFTER I traded the champagne I got (like 5-8 of them) to the lady on the island.. she trades you diamonds and you can sell those diamonds for $1,500 each to any of the traders.

great money strategy there man. I like that. yeh so far im into clearing all the green areas i havent reached the first play through. And yeh you keep the map visable and clear of green when you start a new game with the same character after ending it. I found missions i didnt know was there the last time so it kept me into the game. Oh if you didnt read what i said last time BE SURE to not accept to go to the prison island if you havent adventured enough. Because like i told batz once you do that you cant go back.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 08:54:03 PM »
So, I'm on a third game I started now. This time though I started from chapter 9. Given, it's annoying I don't have all my cash.. Upsetting that I don't have my great weapons or items.. But it absolutely p*sses me off that I don't have the mod blueprints from all the missions that have been completed up to this point. That's the one thing that really gets me.

However, you'll all be glad to know, I've finally made it out of chapter 9 and got into the jungle now. Mostly just got this game going so I can see the game to the end by helping out my bro on his as he's already at the laboratory. I've gotta check out where to fight Jason as well, definitely don't wanna pass that fight up. Seems really exciting.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 09:07:17 PM »
 =D> ah awesome! So you got pass that sh*t storm lol good. atleast you can kinda get back into enjoying the game now...
well heres something to make you laugh. ok im so used to Fallout 3 n such i did something stupid when i first started my new game back on the island again. Level 40 etc etc all my weapons. so my curious @ss decides to do two missions in one. i had too much sh*t on me to carry the bottles of alcohol so what i did was drop ALL MY UPGRADED GUNS (5 of em) at this one hut some miles down the street from from the light house. i gets back and all my sh*t done vanished!! :'( all my guns were gone o.O#. Im thinkin...ok i guess this is like fallout 3 where i can step off leaving my guns n stuff at a random shack inside on the floor....NOPE :-w

i was lil salty about that. so i says oh wait! i can reload! :o =D> :thumbsup:

.....NOPE! :-w....it instant saves periodically different from fallout 3 :(....

smh haha well at atleast my powered up melee weapons had a bloody good time! >:D

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 09:14:10 PM »
Yea, I noticed that before but I didn't drop anything overly important. However, I noticed another glitch that did cost me something pretty good at the time. If you have your inventory full and try to pull something Jin has put away for you, it will disappear. I messed up and did that and my best gun at the time vanished. Not on the ground, in her storage, in my stuff, just gone. Gotta be careful with that.

Btw, found a vid that shows on the map pretty clearly where to fight Jason. It's definitely in the Banoi jungles, right between a big broken road. I say that because I'm not sure if the Laboratory is connected to it or if it's elsewhere.

(click to show/hide)

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 10:51:28 PM »
THE SKULLS! THE SKULLS, PEOPLE, THE SKULLS!
Those damn things are nuts! I guess I put one in the place it was supposed to go and I got some whack upgrade. 5 diamonds and $10000 later, I have some serious punch (Literally now).

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 11:06:02 PM »
Ah, forgot about that. Yea, I've found like 4 skulls in the game. Orange, Brown, Purple, and I believe Green. I found one in the Police Station, below some stairs. One somewhere in the sewers there's a little room that has regular skulls piled up with the top one mission. If you put the Orange one there, I believe, you get some new blueprint to create a weapon. Uses something like 5 diamonds and I forgot what else, didn't make it before though 'cause it seemed kinda weak compared to what I have. Have yet to find where any of the others go though or even know how many there are in total.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 11:11:19 PM »
THE SKULLS! THE SKULLS, PEOPLE, THE SKULLS!
Those damn things are nuts! I guess I put one in the place it was supposed to go and I got some whack upgrade. 5 diamonds and $10000 later, I have some serious punch (Literally now).

I really didnt pay no mind to those things until you brought it up just now. Ive seen those skulls and pick them up and wondered each time...ok wtf are these for you sell em? i just never tried to :-??

Yea, I noticed that before but I didn't drop anything overly important. However, I noticed another glitch that did cost me something pretty good at the time. If you have your inventory full and try to pull something Jin has put away for you, it will disappear. I messed up and did that and my best gun at the time vanished. Not on the ground, in her storage, in my stuff, just gone. Gotta be careful with that.

Btw, found a vid that shows on the map pretty clearly where to fight Jason. It's definitely in the Banoi jungles, right between a big broken road. I say that because I'm not sure if the Laboratory is connected to it or if it's elsewhere.

damn thats bad if you left it with the gear head chick and your sh*t vanised in there too,...thats no bueno man...
and you should have posted that Video of the location of jason. i would have been curious to see a different video location on that situation. I havent been playing in some days but when i do get back im definitely checking it out. Since the first time i posted on him after i beat the game i told my friends about em but only one got back to me what he experienced. he pretty much said he was getting killed hella fast lol

HAIL CROM!!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2011, 07:10:34 AM »
I got the Electro Combat Knife from the orange skull... Its kinda wak... lol. Has anyone done the Champagne and Diamonds duplication thing yet?

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »
So.. My game got corrupted for the third time.. Yea.. This game hates me. Luckily I made a copy of the game this time around the day before. So, I only lost a day of stuff. Still though, I'm done playing this game outside of helping my bro through his. Once I pass it, I'm taking this sh*t back.

At the very least, finally got to take on Jason. I f*cked his crap up good, man. Didn't kill me once and killed my bro only once. Second time though, unfortunately, ran into him by accident and we weren't ready. Got killed like 2 or 3 times each each. At least that chainsaw reappears after a while, so can keep picking 'em up.

(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »
Second time though, unfortunately, ran into him by accident and we weren't ready. Got killed like 2 or 3 times each each.
:D

Man i know you guys were like aw DAMN this dude again?? lol but damn thats sucks it sh*tted on you again buggin out. well at least you made a copy. I havent played again to get to jason yet since ive been busy but bet with the video i saw and hearing everyones stories running into best believe i got somethin waitin for his @ss!

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2011, 09:36:09 PM »
I just beat the game last night. Thank goodness! lol!

I am going to work on the skulls this time too. One thing I do know is I've never even used Jin for storage. My inventory never got that full. I just traded in the junk I wasn't using and kept repairing and upgrading my awesome weapons. I think I only had about 6 or 7 awesome weapons by the time I finished the game.. so... yeah... lol.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
 =D> Congrats and welcome to the club! you have now earned your official D.I. Badge and medal Sir! ::salute:: lol

So do tell..what level were you up to when you ended the game. i was about level 40 at the time with Rapper B.

i gave the game a break since im currently running through the 2nd playthrough now. I love the game but the weird bugs at times annoy me that happen. But it isnt that bad. im aware now you can reach level 50. Which is a lot because of the weapons and fire arm damage that comes with it. Anyway im currently back in the city and now about to do one of my favorite missions i loooove so much! ;D (sarcasm) and thats the "rescue speaker mission". Maybe i can get revenge on the infected this time since im leveled up.

is it just me or you wish they kept that Original trailer in as a random demo intro also for the DI game? :(

HAIL CROM!!

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2011, 02:01:22 AM »
Beat the game. Now working on a GPR Style Challenge! *trumpets*
I'm doing this fisticuffs style now only! Sam B, and any knuckles I can get my hands on. Anyone else up for the GPR Style Challenge?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar