collapse

Author Topic: XBOX 360 Officially dies in Japan?  (Read 518 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
XBOX 360 Officially dies in Japan?
« on: August 23, 2011, 03:08:17 AM »
there are a number of opinions on this but some are quite obvious. we all have our own views on this. I like both systems for different reasons but in short this was bound to happen. And at the end of the day this is a "Japanese" system vs an "American" system.

Im still getting a ps3 and im still rocking my elite systems period. Life still goes on even though japan ran out of love for the 360 in my book

:-??

Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
Re: XBOX 360 Officially dies in Japan?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:43:03 AM »
*PS3 bias warning*
I think its mainly because they tend to view the PS3 as the superior console, and unlike the US who are the mother country of the 360, they had little interest in it to start, being that they could instead get a Japan-based company's console instead. Its much the same in Europe (though not as extreme).

Here in the US though there is much more interest in it, so we buy it, which further generates interest in it. Thats why lots of people have both (me included)
*PS3 bias power down*

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »
Very informational, thanks for sharing!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »
*PS3 bias warning*
I think its mainly because they tend to view the PS3 as the superior console, and unlike the US who are the mother country of the 360, they had little interest in it to start, being that they could instead get a Japan-based company's console instead. Its much the same in Europe (though not as extreme).

Here in the US though there is much more interest in it, so we buy it, which further generates interest in it. Thats why lots of people have both (me included)
*PS3 bias power down*

Yeah thats pretty much what i said on my facebook page on the matter. Thats what it totally looks like. Plus japan is going thru some lil hardships due to certain circumstances. i read over and over video games arent doing well in japan as before. Anime isnt as vibrant as before (a few years back i been heard that). The earthquake. a few things. So im my eyes i see thats a part of it. support that console thats made in their country.  Just my opinion on that because thats how it looks at this point. Both are great systems. One caters more to the japanese while the other more so to the americans :-??. I think that makes videogaming more interesting these days man. There was snes and there was genesis. There was Turbo graphics 16 and then there was neo geo. Ps2 vs Dreamcast. etc etc.....

Very informational, thanks for sharing!

anytime of course! ::salute::

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Dez

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 02, 2018, 03:23:10 AM
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:41 PM »
 :DxDie

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
Well they can't like... STOP everything on it. I mean, the people are still going to be able to get it and the games online I'm sure... I just don't know about future games...

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
like i said im not worrying about the xbox flopping at all. theres nothin bad about it. Both systems flatline on folks. Thank god xbox dont got hacker enemies lol. i be laughin at folks who complain oh the RROD but yet they sendin back their ps3 for like a 3rd time to get fixed. my homie sent his back 5 times already. FINALLY he wises up recently and buys a new one. both 360 and ps3 users do that. The 360 caters more to the American audience because it has way more shooters on there (FPS). whether it be adventure or action...and yes im talking about games like bioshock n such that were 360 exclusive and now are on ps3. same goes for gears of war except its a microsoft excusive. "Kill zones Rival". It doesnt matter. the 360 aint goin no where. all thats going to make microsoft do is go animal with the next microsoft console. which they are actually working on. I cant just say oh its dead. thats retarded. i was a fan boy sony fan for years till ninja gaiden hit G1 XBOX exclusively. hated the controller but i loved the games. so seeing these two companies go at spells hotter games to come period.

HAIL CROM!!

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:12 PM »
No I think Xbox is fine here (US).

To tell the truth I've never had a PS3 death, or even problems. My Xbox, however, froze up the Christmas I got it. But it has L4D(2). Thats my main reason for playing it.

I've had enough shooters; Killzone, CoD, Battlefield, MAG are already too many. I think Sony exclusives are more diverse; GoW, LBP, MR, Uncharted, MGS4 just to name a few that aren't FPSs.

On hackers 360 has way more, they just don't attack the server. Pirated 360 games have been playable, even online w/ newest updates for a long time, and people get accounts (including admins) hacked all the time, they just never go for the gold.

But, I say if you can get both, get both. Diversity is what keeps things interesting.

(bit of a rant...)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »
On hackers 360 has way more, they just don't attack the server. Pirated 360 games have been playable, even online w/ newest updates for a long time, and people get accounts (including admins) hacked all the time, they just never go for the gold.

yeh im thats what im sayin hackers "In a good way" man  :D You already know what we all mean when we say hackers these days. its all bad and a headache for everyone. i have a lot of homies who "mod" and burn games so yeh on the bright side thats about as far as it goes. The worst that happens to folks is those who slip up and go online with that modded system of theirs and get their account banned by microsoft because they got caught slippin or didnt get some update so you can go on and play pirated games with no problem...happens all the time im sure.

so with that being said the 360 users are cool with Hacker "mods". we dont have those "Lets f*ck sh*t up for everbody" mods like ps3 had for a hot minute. well at least not yet that is :-?? as for accounts if youre a moron enough to go for the old "hey i have free microsoft points at this link ;D" bullsh*t then youre an idiot and you deserved it. never got caught like that. i always blocked. reported and that was that. A friend of a friend got caught like that and got his whole account stolen and i just laughed em like "arent you supposed to be the so called poindexter?"...lol smh

but anyway yeh the japanese have always been more diverse with their videogames and thats why all these damn shooters are doing better here than japan. i mean personally i like a different or complex game. many US kids er users here period dont like those kind of games. "theyre too hard"  :-@...NES DAYS WE HAD NO CHOICE! lol. It made me a better game actually. Its always been noted at sites from japanese developers. so thats what this is all about also too. other than that theyre both two great systems...just pick your poison like youd do a snes or genesis. thats it ::salute::
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:44:10 PM by DeMoNk@I »

HAIL CROM!!

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 04, 2024, 05:30:57 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 11:24:26 PM »
Japanese games have been dead for me for years - I like western art/game design a lot better & think the games over the last 7 years have been a lot better than anything Japan has brought to the table. If your still into the girly men with spikey hair & giant eyes then yea Japan's got what you want & you can send your money over there. The only game I have bought in the last few years from Japan was Marvel vs Capcom 3 but that's because there mimicking western art & chars. As far as systems go though it doesn't matter what you have all that matters is that the system has the games you want & a comfortable controller.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 11:32:19 PM »
As far as systems go though it doesn't matter what you have all that matters is that the system has the games you want & a comfortable controller.

That is all^^

HAIL CROM!!

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 02:22:30 AM »
it was bound to happen. the us systems NEVER do well over there and might not ever will. but funny enough sony's throw everything on the wall and hope something sticks stradegy has worked for a very long time worldwide. this may sound wierd but owning both the current and the recent xbox has made me almost feel like i own a sega system again lol!! not always the big boy on the block, and yet it always made its presence felt!!

my was is that the audience didn't take to kind with most of our shoot em ups that were spawned from a lot of companies here and that goon stick called a controller was not too comfortable in many folks hands either. so yes japan snubbed the 360 and went back to their wee lil systems to use their batarangs  and wiimotes to play their totally anime games and perv similators lol just kidding

hey, different strokes for different folks..........

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[Today at 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar