collapse

Author Topic: Why does deadpool Suck now?  (Read 774 times)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
Why does deadpool Suck now?
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love Deadpool, I read all of his original series, all of cable and deadpool and the annuals and limited series and such, I read his current series and X-force but nothing else (Deadpool corps, Deadpool MAX, Deadpool Team up.)

He used to be interesting, he used to have a plot, and, despite being crazy, he just wanted to be a better guy, and he was intellegent.

Anyway, what I mean is that ever since Daniel Way got his hands on him, he's just a dumbass that shoots up everything, and he hallucinates and have 2-3 voices in his head. Before he just talked to himself and the one time I EVER remember him hallucinating, he though he was going crazy.

Only X-force seems to potray him at all how I think he should be. Am I just being picky, or has anyone else noticed it too?

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: Why does deadpool Suck now?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
I've noticed it too. I hope this is just a phase. But yeah, Daniel Way kinda messed him up.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:05:51 PM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
He's just the current most popular character, when Spidey was super popular he was over used and we got crap like Maximum Cloneage.
Then Wolverene got used all the freaking time showing up in every book and now he's so messed up he's real name isnt even Logan anymore its James.
Characters that really strike a cord with fans will get used more, even if it means making crappy books like team ups with a Space Trucker.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
Are you referring to stuff like him teaming up with Headpool? Cause Dead/Head is awesome

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 09:16:31 PM »
No, everything in general.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
Are you referring to stuff like him teaming up with Headpool? Cause Dead/Head is awesome

I liked it at first, but now I don't anymore, IDK i just stopped caring.

It's just Deadpool in general.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
No, I was refering to his team up with US Ace, the space trucker.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 01:13:07 AM »
deadpool as a character in marvel is awesome and he is actually funny as heck , but then its when you ge someone that is mainstream used and abused into the hands of a writer that really seems to wanna change him up or make him even more than what he is originally, all that starts to equal ..total suckage for the fans. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

i say , leave him the way he was. same as spiderman, hulk and wolverine...ok even tho wolvies background was always unexplained and when hey explained it , it just ...well tanks . leave characers the way they was unless its to amplify and improve the character not downgrade them in powers or personality .  A depowered Juggernaut is not the Juggernaut to me. o.O# ! just sayin as an example. lol.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 04:29:06 AM »
Funny. We were just talking about this in my comics class to why he is so popular. I personally think he's overrated. I mean you can only act stupid for so long till it gets repetitive and just flat out stupid. They need to decide a direction for him whether he's going to just be a superhero or mercenary and stick with it. I honestly wouldnt mind seeing him in The Avengers just to see how he'd interact with Cap and Tony. 
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
Funny. We were just talking about this in my comics class to why he is so popular. I personally think he's overrated. I mean you can only act stupid for so long till it gets repetitive and just flat out stupid. They need to decide a direction for him whether he's going to just be a superhero or mercenary and stick with it. I honestly wouldnt mind seeing him in The Avengers just to see how he'd interact with Cap and Tony. 

That's what it seemed like at the end of Cable and Deadpool. He Said he had finally become a superhero, then when the new series starts, we're back to square one again.

It's not fair, this is the third time they've done the "I need to become a better person and become a real super hero!" routine.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:01:09 PM »
That's what it seemed like at the end of Cable and Deadpool. He Said he had finally become a superhero, then when the new series starts, we're back to square one again.

It's not fair, this is the third time they've done the "I need to become a better person and become a real super hero!" routine.

(click to show/hide)

If you're following the deadpool comic, or X-Force, then you know hwy he's so popular. Don't read Deadpool Corps though, it's really gone downhill into a blackpit.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »
Deadpools just Marvels big thing like many characters b4 him.

These kinda characters are easily ruined by over saturation. Lobo, and Punisher, are good examples of characters pushed to heavy, and long that never quite recovered from the push.

If theyre not careful Deadpool could be relegated to that status in a few years. Still known, and able to carry a title for a few months, but never as big as they once were.

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 12:14:51 PM »
(click to show/hide)

If you're following the deadpool comic, or X-Force, then you know hwy he's so popular. Don't read Deadpool Corps though, it's really gone downhill into a blackpit.

X-force is alright, in fact, it's the ONLY thing he's in that actually treats him how he's supposed to be.

The main series has it's ups and downs. That story with X-men was great, and so was 33.1, but the current story line is kinda stupid.

Post Merge: March 23, 2011, 12:15:30 PM
Deadpools just Marvels big thing like many characters b4 him.

These kinda characters are easily ruined by over saturation. Lobo, and Punisher, are good examples of characters pushed to heavy, and long that never quite recovered from the push.

If theyre not careful Deadpool could be relegated to that status in a few years. Still known, and able to carry a title for a few months, but never as big as they once were.

I really hope this doesn't happen.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »
I honestly wouldnt mind seeing him in The Avengers just to see how he'd interact with Cap and Tony. 

he'd probably have the same tension fueled and edgey relationship like Hawkeye (who was actually bullseye) did with Cap in the Ultimate avengers. Hard to control and quick to kill anyone. I think it would be amusing. A sorta Anti Hero on the team again. Yeh he helps but he has no problem killing a person anyway because he thought it was justice being served.

Anyway i liked em way back when he was With Cable & Domino. it was tension then too but it was a great comic series. Oh and the recent one some years ago when he was with Cable again (who had his mind powers under control and killing enemies quick) was cool also.

In short i think they will be having fun with em for a while until they change em up again. For example. Dardevil was kind of a push over before but then eons later with the Shadowland Comic he had no problem Killing a person in some f*cked up way. That one comic got me into the daredevil again. He killed bullseye in the begining of the series.
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal