collapse

Author Topic: ProjectX Bug Thread  (Read 11195 times)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
Re: ProjectX Bug Thread
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2010, 04:34:33 PM »
More Gambit Bugs:
1.Can combo into specials.
2.Has the 'air-guard against launcher' problem.
3.when he Tech-hits, the games says (and I mean in voice acting, not text,) 'Tech Hit.' I'm pretty sure no-one else has this.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 04:44:46 PM by novasod »

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2010, 04:41:42 PM »
i just found that wolverines tornado claw hits overhead on cable not sure about other characters. a dp that hits overhead SMH  o.O#
(click to show/hide)

Offline Eclipse

• Contributor
  • Last Login:November 18, 2020, 02:42:53 PM
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »
Also, this doesn't really need to be changed, but, her voice is incredibly dull, and at times sounds like one of those Computer voices from those typing programs. It wouldn't be so much of a deal if there weren't so many quality, lively voices present in many of the other characters, but there are. Not to mention that, for someone who's never read a comic with Birdy in it, her SC sprites seem to portray her as a character's whose voice should often be anything but dull. Just something to think about.

To be honest her voice was computer generated, it's more like a place holder cause I didn't found a voice actress in time to the release and maybe it wouldn't be much pleasant if I used my own voice...  :-@
She suposed to be a funny character and ever when her get a real voice maybe she'll sound kinda of silly... :P

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2010, 06:53:28 PM »
while testing gambit i found that he cannot combo any standing moves into crouching moves im finding this alot so im going to make a list of all characters who cannot chain crouching into standing and report back.

(click to show/hide)

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2010, 07:02:32 PM »
is not possible link stand - crounch attacks in that game.

3.when he Tech-hits, the games says (and I mean in voice acting, not text,) 'Tech Hit.' I'm pretty sure no-one else has this.
dammint, missed this one.
and AI say it a lot!

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »
characters who cannot combo standing into crouching and vice versa.

-Storm (also has broken magic series)
-Psylocke
-Iceman (also he does not have magic series unsure if this is intentional as he is not a tank)
-Beast(is capable of going standing to crouching but not the other way around)
-Colossus
-NightCrawler
-Gambit
-Wolverine
-Cyclops
-Cable
-Deadpool (also has broken magic series but different from other characters with busted Magic series for example he cannot do lp> lk but can do lp>mk)
-QuickSilver
-Strong Guy
-Namor
-Magneto
-Mystique (i almost missed this one cuz her st lk looks like a cr lk)
-Omega Red
-Sabretooth
-Birdy (i got lp to cr lp to work a link but the distance and the followup after were inconsistent)

Also during the course of this testing i found a glitch were if you stand next to an opponent with colossus and do a dash lp you will teleport behind the opponent.

Post Merge: December 15, 2010, 07:47:13 PM
is not possible link stand - crounch attacks in that game.

Hold on wait what? is this something youre working on or is there a reason for completely removing high low mixups from your game.
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2010, 12:50:14 AM »
Rouge:
1.Has OTG thing.
2.Has 'air-guard launcher' problem.
3.When being launched, she doesn't get launched very high. (Also, he doesn't have knockback Air Normals, so they might not be the problem...)
4.After Launcher: Can self-chain LP 3 times, and LK at least 6 times.
5.You don't have to do this, her 'Divebomb' special might be more beneficial if it was an Overhead; it definitely looks like that sort of attack, for one thing, and it wouldn't really hurt anything.
6.Can combo into specials.
7.She can do three-hit chains. Why is this a problem? Because shooters can do it too, and they do less damage. She's a Tank, yes? So take away some of her combos to balance her out. Namor can also do this, so you should probably do the do the same thing to him.
8.For curiosities sake, I switched my test dummy from Cyclops to Colossus after the initial bug-testing, just this once. I found that in certain cases, Rouge does more damage then Colossus, with the biggest (but the the only,) case being their S.HP's; Colossus clearly has the slower S.HP, yet Rouge's S.HP clearly does more damage. Rouge may be a Tank, but she's more like Namor; she should be less agile and slower then Shooters and Agiles, (which she is, more or less,) but there are fellow Tanks which are slower and have more range. She should be doing a bit less damage them then, not more. To sum it up, Rouge's Damage needs fine tuning.

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2010, 02:25:06 AM »
When I tried the air counter with Wolverine (not the one with spinning claws), the sprites of this specific animation looked awkward, here's one:

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
More Rouge Bugs:
1.Remember how I said she can combo into specials? Turns that her sweep (C.HK) is one of the normals she can combo from. Since I'm pretty sure you can't do that even in fighting games that have regular combos, I figured it would be worth noting on it's lonesome here.
2.I have no idea how to replicate this, but I'll try to describe it. I was playing with Rouge in Arcade Mode Against Nightcrawler, and when I had Nightcrawler close to a wall, he threw me with his HK throw. Rouge never came down to the ground until much later; she was stuck to the wall right above Nightcrawler in her 'Been Thrown' animation, kept on moving up and forth repeatedly, (though the distance between the two points that she moved between was very small,) and she kept taking damage until her lifebar was completely empty... and even after that, it took some time before the game declared Nightcrawler the winner, and Rouge finally came down to the ground. Seriously, I have no idea how to do this again, but I still figured it was worth putting out.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:43:34 PM by novasod »

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »
probably a bug at NC throw....
will check

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #135 on: December 16, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »
Psylocke:
1.Has OTG thing.
2.If her HP throw winds up with the foe in the corner, she can juggle with the techniques, even right after throw's done and she's still in the air. (Though of course, she can still wait 'till she lands.)
3.Found out more about the 'air-guard launcher' problem. (I kept finding more and doing more research, so bear with the wall of text please.) Not only can Psylocke not guard against it in the air, but she can't guard against it on the ground either. To be more specific, Beast and Cyclop's are both C.HP attacks. Psylocke can't guard against them on the ground by just gaurding while standing, but she can guard against on the ground by guarding while crouching. On the otherhand, Wolverine's launcher can be guarded against by guarding while standing, but that's because it's Wolverine's S.HK; it's a standing attack. To sum it up, some of the Crouching Launchers in X-Men:SC hit low. I know it's not all because Psylocke's C.HP Launcher doesn't hit low. There's still some questions though; to further test this whole thing, I tried having Cyclops airguard against Psylocke's launcher. He wasn't able to do so. So, while we've figured some stuff out, we still haven't solved the problem..
4.Well well; her S.MK puts the opponent into the air just a bit, yes? If you try to followup with a Standing Attack, the opponent can airguard; but if you instead use an attack that hit low, like C.MK again, (but not just that I assume,) the opponent can't air-guard. It's possible that crouching attacks can't be air-guarded against; this not only helps with air-guard problem, but is a rather noticeable problem in general, if it's really the case.
5.She's an Agile, right? While it's as bad certain other characters, her Damage Ratio in a number of cases still doesn't fit her Type, when compared to Cyclops, a Shooter. (She often does more damage then Cyclops.)
6.Her Movelist doesn't live the five different follow-ups to Hayate.
7.Psi-Blade--and only when the damage is maxed out due to mashing the buttons repeatedly--does FAR TOO MUCH DAMAGE; the HP version even does as much damage as a hyper, though they all need to be toned down immensely.
8.Psi-Adaga needs to be toned down also.
8.Her QCB+PP and QCF+BB Supers also need to be toned down.
9.Speaking of QCB+PP, when the move is successful, and is finished, a second Psylocke sprite will appear, just standing there, and unable to do anything.

Post Merge: December 16, 2010, 07:38:55 PM
Colossus:
1.Can do three-hit chains, despite being a Tank. Balance, yes?
2.Has OTG thing.
3.His LP>LP target combo has enough space between the two hits for the opponent to guard against the second hit. Why bother having the target combo if isn't really a combo?
4.If he gets hit during his taunt, he'll restart his "All too easy!" line, and he won't be able to finish the taunt if he keeps getting hit; that is to say, he'll be stuck in the last frame of the taunt until his opponent stops attacking him.
5.After Launcher; MK is the only Air Normal that will connect properly; the others either miss, or they're too slow to come out. :DB:

Post Merge: December 17, 2010, 12:43:34 AM
Storm:
1.Has OTG thing. Can also hit the foe during their fall if close enough. (This also includes her Air Throw.)
2.S.HP is unblockable.
3.If either of her throws wind up with the foe in the corner, she can juggle with the right techniques.
4.Can self-chain S.LP two times, C.LP three times, S.LK four times, and C.LK 4 times.
5.Can self-chain S.MP 4 times.
6.Storm's damage often seems just a bit less then Cyclops, despite being relativity the same speed. It may not seem that big of a difference, but it becomes more apparent when you compare contrast the total damage of the chain combos of the two characters; Storm usually comes on top, and it's clear and who the winner is. You might want to fine-tune Storm's damage a bit, though it wouldn't need as much of an adjustment as certain other characters.
7.Can chain Hurricane into Thunder; Hurricane brings the opponent to the top of the screen, and the Thunder smacks them right back down. (You can even do it before the opponent gets brought up all the way.) Sure, it can look cool, but the total damage of this 'combo' is just too much. You shouldn't be able to do this.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:52:25 AM by novasod »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #136 on: December 17, 2010, 01:24:22 AM »
It's probably because I don't know how to use it right, but everytime I use Hurricane with Storm it never works

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: December 17, 2010, 01:53:31 AM »
every tank can do 3 hit chains :-w
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2010, 09:08:52 AM »
every tank can do 3 hit chains :-w

Except for Juggernaut, though still, when Zivivtor said that Tanks have 'few combos', this wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Tanks do noticeably more damage then the other types, so they should only do 2-hit chains; their damage count would definitely make up for that. As it is right now, it just isn't fair to the Shooters, who also can only do 3-hit chains, but don't do as much damage. This needs to be worked on for sure.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 09:38:10 AM by novasod »

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: December 17, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »
they dont should have 3 hits combos,
but so far i only did that to juggz.
will explore more all that combo area, like test crounch-stand combos too.
shooters must focus on special/hypers;

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #140 on: December 17, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »
Are you planning something for the characters to work on the Manhattan stage? I figured I better get this out of the way. I don't know if it's a bug or it's intentional.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2010, 10:19:04 AM »
Are you planning something for the characters to work on the Manhattan stage? I figured I better get this out of the way. I don't know if it's a bug or it's intentional.

I recommend just swaping that stage out for something else.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2010, 10:24:06 AM »
What's wrong with the Manhattan stage?

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2010, 10:52:24 AM »
What's wrong with the Manhattan stage?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »
When the grown breaks and they fall into the sewer it's a little akward since the chars just stand during the entire fall. I know Club Syn developed a code to fix this general issue so that the characters will actually fall but I havn't taken a look at the code yet. It's something that would be added to all the chars and be stage specific.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
All bugs to this point have been logged. Thanks all, keep up the great work.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
Omega Red:
1.Doesn't do quite enough damage for a tank, compared to other tanks.
2.Has OTG thing.
3.If his throw winds up with the foe in the corner, Red can juggle with the right techniques.
4.Can self-chain C.LP at least 9 times.
5.Air MP has no Hit Sound Effect.
6.It's hard him to do the Superjumps that start out jumping backwards and forwards; the straight-up superjump is the only one way he can pull off with no difficulties.
7.His voice volume can be kind of low...
8.After launcher; LP can self-chain 3 times, though you have to use the attack at certain times for this to work. Also, His HP and HK don't slam to opponent the ground after a launcher.
9.If you cancel Carbonadium Propeller, you can followup either S.LP, C.LP, S.LK, or C.LK.
10.You can't cancel HK Omega Strike, unlike the LK and MK versions of the same move.
11.Has three-hit chains, despite being a Tank.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:52:35 PM by novasod »

Offline Tazzer

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 15, 2018, 06:39:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2010, 10:39:31 PM »
Does anyone know what would cause that problem w/ Birdy in the Team (turns) mode?

Also, not a bug... but would it be possible to animate some of the characters you have in the background of the stages?  Like Scarlet Witch and the Brotherhood in Mystiques Stage?  The sprites are well done, but they look like they could just be wax-work statues instead of actual people in the background.   They don't have to do much.. even just a slight breathing animation would help.   Just something to indicate they're live characters in the stage and not statues or cardboard cut-outs.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
Deadpool:
1.Has OTG thing; can also use his Air Projectile in this case; his 'NINJA'S'! Super works too.
2.Is an Agile, yet his damage is higher then Cyclops, a shooter; Deadpool's Damage Ratio needs to be finetuned and lowered.
3.Also, he can only do 3-hit chains instead of 5-6 hit chains, like an Agile should be capable of.
4.It's rather hard to chain into Ground Medium and Ground Heavy Normals from Air Normals, if not impossible in most cases.
5.After Launcher: His Air Normals are require strict timing to both connect, and chain.
6.Can combo into specials.

Post Merge: December 20, 2010, 09:34:11 PM
Emma Frost:
1.Has OTG thing.
2.Can juggle after her throw if her foe's in the corner.
3.Can chain C.LP 3 times.
4.Has the  ol' 'Moving Forward Whilst Mashing LP Infinite' bug.
5.Has a partial Magic Series, and can do more then 3-hit combos. (I think.)
6.When the opponent slams to to the ground after either Emma's Air HP or Air HK, the opponent bounces backward instead of staying downed.
7.Considering Deadpool's 'Stun Grenade' does no damage, Emma's Psy Spear shouldn't do damage either, for obvious reasons.
8.Her Diamond form, a Tank, has a Magic series as well, and can definitely do 5-6 hit combos. (FIX ASAP.)
9.You'd think that being a Tank in Diamond form, she'd be slower and do more damage, but as she is now, she's more like she has the best attributes of the Shooter, Agile, and Tank types (In the case of Tank, it's mainly the Super Armor.); her Diamond form needs to be rebalanced.
9.Diamond Slam doesn't have a Hit Sound Effect.
10.How come her her Psychic form has 3 Supers, while her Diamond form has one? (Aside from the the one that changes forms?)

Post Merge: December 21, 2010, 08:09:06 PM
Bishop:
1.Has OTG thing. Can also hit the foe during the fall.
2.Can self-chain C.LK 6 times.
3.After Launcher: Can't connect with MP. It's also rather hard to perform a LP>MP>HP chain.
4.Can combo into Specials.

Post Merge: December 21, 2010, 08:55:07 PM
And now, last but certainly not least, Cable:
1.Has OTG thing.
2.If his throw winds up with the foe in the corner, he can juggle afterward.
3.Can do 6-hit chains, despite being a Shooter.
4.Can combo into Specials.
5.For obvious reasons, Cable's 'Stun Grenade' shouldn't do any damage.
6.Can cancel Specials into Supers.

And that's it; I'm tested every single character for this version of SC. (Although it was lot easier--and much more fun--then doing the same for EoH, let me tell you...) In final sum-up, SC feels great on the surface, and if you just sit back and enjoy it, it's very...enjoyable. But there are a number of bugs and balance issues beneath that hamper the experience, and these need to be worked on. With that in mind, for future characters, (such as the upcoming Marrow,) keep in mind the character's type when setting things like Damage Ratio, what chains are available, and the like. (And try to get everyone the same general Voice Volume, and let all Winposes play out fully instead of sometimes being stopped before they can finish.) Still, SC shows great promise, and I look forward to the next version, whenever that may be. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 09:12:27 PM by novasod »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2010, 04:50:38 PM »
I was using Gambit spamming cards at Sabretooth and then did a card in the air and got the game to lock up.

Storm has her storm hyper going and I did a bunch of berserker barrages with Wolverine to have he game lock up.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:51:07 PM by laspacho »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal