collapse

Author Topic: ProjectX Bug Thread  (Read 11192 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: ProjectX Bug Thread
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »
Having the gameplay focus more on the combos then other stuff, that's what. Think about it; someone like, say, Nightcrawler, could do a C.LP, C.LK, C.MP, C.MK, C.HK, (downs the foe,) then when the foe is downed, C.LK, C.MP, C.MK, C.HP, (launcher), and then all 6 Air Normals in succession. Seriously, if that doesn't sound like a recipe for high damage for no meter to you, trust me, it's worse then it sounds in that case. Just a one-hit follow-up is fine, but anything more then that, well, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, the above can happen.

I didn't know you were talking about doing the whole "hunter" combo while on the ground, that's outrageous.

Speaking of nightcrawler, either something is amiss about his launcher, or certain characters have extremely fast recovery time in the air. Example: fighting Iceman, Iceman recovers from C.HP before Nightcrawler can get to him for an air combo.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2010, 01:36:28 AM »
Having the gameplay focus more on the combos then other stuff, that's what. Think about it; someone like, say, Nightcrawler, could do a C.LP, C.LK, C.MP, C.MK, C.HK, (downs the foe,) then when the foe is downed, C.LK, C.MP, C.MK, C.HP, (launcher), and then all 6 Air Normals in succession. Seriously, if that doesn't sound like a recipe for high damage for no meter to you, trust me, it's worse then it sounds in that case. Just a one-hit follow-up is fine, but anything more then that, well, one thing leads to another, and before you know it, the above can happen.

Like i was saying if there was scaling you wouldnt even want to hit your opponent that much youd just wanna do a 3-4 hit series launch 2-3 hits special or super.  shoot you wouldnt get to the meat of your combo before it was scaled to 1 point of damage. i mean with out scaling things could get ridiculous. like right now i can get like 40-50% by doing st. jab > short > strongx3 > forward x2 > launch > sj. jab > short> strong > fierce. I havent caught anyone with it but i know i could 100% the ai with a 3x ahvb combo. the damage problems you speak of come from the lack of scaling not the combo options.

@ glux

I notice that too ive seen it in other mugen chars maybe theres some type of generalized code they use for launchers that doesnt mesh with certain animations and hitboxs

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 01:55:21 AM
ok ive found with sabretooth that in the corner if you do is punch chain you can go for an extra hit afterwards. only one though. the problem with this is that if i launch aftger putting him in the juggle state i cant hit the opponent
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:55:21 AM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2010, 01:56:47 AM »
Due to Zvitor's request, I'll be doing Mystique, Wolverine, and Sabretooth next, in that order. The latter two will have to wait 'till tomorrow, but for now, we have...Mystique!
1.Can self-chain C.LP 5 times.
2.Can self-chain C.LK 8 times.
3.If S.HK is used with the foe in a corner, you can juggle afterward with right techniques. (Oh, and as it turns out, you can acntually do the juggle anywhere, though you have more potential if the foe's in a corner.
4.Has the 'downed' thing too, though she can also hit 'em during their fall. In fact, she has a better chance of doing that then the usual method.
5.Tone down the damage of her S.HK>S.HP target combo (the whole thing,); seriously, she's an Agile, not a Tank.
6.Same 'hit-by-launcher' problem that the previous characters who had it have.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2010, 02:21:09 AM »
also sabretooths j fierce and j roundhouse cause knockdown to standing opponents.

Im gonna go test to see if this is prevalent in other characters.

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 02:23:27 AM
ok so so far i see that wolverine has the knockdown problem but gambit does not.
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »
also sabretooths j fierce and j roundhouse cause knockdown to standing opponents.

Im gonna go test to see if this is prevalent in other characters.

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 02:23:27 AM
ok so so far i see that wolverine has the knockdown problem but gambit does not.

Yes, it's prevalent in other characters, and no, it's not a 'knockdown problem'. The moves were designed to be like that. If a character's Heavy Normals can't do that, then they can't do that. Seriously, of the 10 characters I've tested out so far, each has at least one Standing Heavy Normal which does knockback, and most have two. Same goes with most Air Heavy Normals. If you still it's a bug, (though I'm sure it's not,) ask Zivitor.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2010, 02:35:46 AM »
im not testing standing heavy attacks that cause knockdown im testing for jumpins that cause knockdown. Because of how they look when they knockdown it looks like he forgot to code a different effect from air to air or air combo heavy attacks than a jumpin heavy attack.

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 02:45:47 AM
OK completelist of characters whos heavy jumpins have knockdown

-Iceman
-Beast
-Colossus
-Wolverine
-Emma
-Deadpool
-Quicksilver
-Namor
-Maggie
-Mystique
-Omega Red
-Sabretooth
-Birdie
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:45:47 AM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »
yes, air knockback is optional, but will check if some of this chars must have it.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »
Wolverine:
1.Has OTG thing, and can hit them during the fall too in certain cases. (Like his throw.)
2.TONE DOWN S.HP DAMAGE. For an Agile, it does far too much damage, and this is even more evident when used in chains...
3.Can self-chains his MP>MP target combo 4 1/2 times. (4 times, and then the first hit of the the target combo.)
4.He doesn't seem to be able to chain into any Ground Medium Normals from Air Normals; the Medium Normals will come out, but the opponent will have time to guard, so it won't actually be a combo.
5.Remember the recurring 'After Being Launched' airguard problem? Yeah, he has that too.
6.Can combo into his Berserker Barrage and Tornado Claw from just about anything, I've listed it as a bug.(just normals, not Specials or Super of course, with the right timing. Since you don't seem to want that kind of comboing in your game, (and no-one else I've tested so far seems to have it besides Juggernaut; yeah, just checked him, go back to page 5 for more details) Keep in mind that this sort of thing might exist in other characters. I'll list them as I test, but you might want to look your characters over in that regard.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 12:18:13 PM by novasod »

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »
Wolverine:
1.Has OTG thing, and can hit them during the fall too in certain cases. (Like his throw.)
3.Can self-chains his MP>MP target combo 4 1/2 times. (4 times, and then the first hit of the the target combo.)
4.He doesn't seem to be able to chain into any Ground Medium Normals from Air Normals; the Medium Normals will come out, but the opponent will have time to guard, so it won't actually be a combo.
5.Remember the recurring 'After Being Launched' airguard problem? Yeah, he has that too.

@1 which move causes otg I'd like to mess with that some myself

@2 I'm in agreement  about the chain I thing being able to do 4 hits max would be acceptable not 9

@4 I think this ties in with the knock down problem i talked about before. a heavy attack will cause enough hitstun to allow a medium or another hard attack

@5 are you timing yourfollowups correctly I'm nailing my post launch combos100% of the time

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 02:30:53 PM
yes, air knockback is optional, but will check if some of this chars must have it.

Also I forgot to address this.the knock down glitch I'm talking about is not air to air attacks. I'm talking about air to ground. Jumping on your opponent while there standing causes it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:18:56 PM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2010, 03:38:01 PM »
are you timing yourfollowups correctly I'm nailing my post launch combos100% of the time

I suppose I'll have to be specific; after being launched, and if Wolverine comes down without the opponent jumping after him and doing some hits, Wolverine will not be able to airguard against a launcher, if the opponent hits Wolverine with a launcher before Wolverine lands.

Other characters have this problem too. Look back for those.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2010, 05:08:30 PM »
so what your saying is that wolverine cant air tech so he can be infinite juggled by launchers.

Post Merge: December 14, 2010, 05:34:35 PM
also ive edited my last post so that it is more readable typing on an iphone is such a pain *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 05:34:35 PM by Yung Kratos »
(click to show/hide)

Offline B-5

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 02, 2022, 10:28:59 AM
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »
How do you make Wolverine climb walls?

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2010, 05:53:36 PM »
Sabretooth:
1.He's an Agile, but can only do 3-Hit Chains like a Shooter. What's up with that?
2.Can self-chain S.MK at least 6 times.
3.OTG thing; can hit them during their fall too.
4.If his throw winds up with the foe in the corner, Sabretooth can juggle with right techniques.
5.After launcher; Can self-chain LP and LK twice each.
6.Same airguard--launcher problem as certain others have.
7.If his Berserker Claw ends with the airborne opponent and Sabretooh very close to each other, such the opponent right behind Sabretooth, Sabretooth can juggle with the right techniques.
8.After his Deadly Run, if it winds up with Sabretooth having cornered the foe, he can juggle the opponent with the right techniques, though you don't many options in that case.
9.Wild Fang is like 7 and 8, (corners particularity,) except instead of having to juggle, (you actually can't do that in this case,) you can just followup with Talon Fury.
10.With the right timing, you combo into Wild Fang from either S.MP or S.MK.

So that's the three characters that Zivitor requested to be tested. Unless Zivitor would like another set to get priority, I'll just do whomever among the rest.

And Yung Kratos: I don't know if there's a problem with air-tech, but the following is definitely true; 'he can be infinite juggled by launchers.' Well, sort of. If you press back, you can avert that, as he'll 'bounce' backwards after the second launcher hit instead of gaurding; he's supposed to airguard, not get hit by a second launcher.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2010, 06:15:39 PM »
I think the knockdown problem im seeing is also related to that infinite juggle state your seeing. they look like what your finding is all on my list of characters with the knockdown glitch. my guess is that air to ground and ground to air on these characters is what needs to be looked at. there doesnt seem to be a differentiation between ground to air, air to ground both when they hit others and in your case when they get hit.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2010, 07:17:04 PM »
thanks guys.
to his releases will not fix everything, just easy ones.
later i come back to fix all.
after some point of project i decided make that thing with different gameplays, i like that, but somes chars missed some combos and others dont should do somes. will fix all later, thanks for report.

How do you make Wolverine climb walls?
close to all in air hold F
just like wall jump, but release F after he be at wall.

same to nightcrawler.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2010, 11:51:39 PM »
after some point of project i decided make that thing with different gameplays, i like that, but somes chars missed some combos and others dont should do somes. will fix all later, thanks for report.

No problem I am glad to help and if there is anything else you need looked at specifically feel free to ask.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2010, 12:33:33 AM »
K, I'm sure everyone knows it but no ones actually said it. Sentinel Sky Attack has no stage music. But then there's this.

You know what? My favorite track isn't in the game right now. "Cyclops - On the Blackbird".

They used your "CPS2 Original - Storm" for that stage...
Why it not get used?
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2010, 04:25:18 AM »
was a minor error at stage . def file, we will fix to next version

Offline yosifun

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2013, 09:14:45 AM
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2010, 04:39:25 AM »
I actually liked this great music here:

Why isn't this being used anywhere? You should definitely use it somewhere, maybe in the ending/intro video.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:36 AM »
I actually liked this great music here:

Why isn't this being used anywhere? You should definitely use it somewhere, maybe in the ending/intro video.

That music is a very different style than any of the other music in the project.  :-??

Offline ZVitor

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2010, 10:58:13 AM »
and from 6.400 views aleast 400 are mine, i cant hear that song again

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »
Birdy:
1.Repeatedly self-chaining C.MP whilst moving forward can net you an Infinite. (FIX ASAP.)
2.Has same OTG thing; Can also hit her foe during their fall.
3.Can self-chain S.MK (whilst moving foward,) at least 13 times.
4.So I usually use Cyclops as my test dummy, right? I often use both him and his class, Shooter, for a nice mioddle ground in terms of speed and Damage Ratio balance. Anyway, Birdy and Cyclops are the same type (Shooter,) so they should do about the same damage, though Birdy is a bit faster with a bit less range, at least in terms of normals, so she should do a bit less damage. Turns out that in a number of cases, she actually does more damage then Cyclops; it's like Nightcrawler, though not to the same extent. The point is, she should be doing less damage then characters like Cyclops to balance things out, though she is a Shooter, so her Damage Ratio should still be higher then Agile's. Tell me if you want more specifics.
5.Has the 'Air-Gaurd Against Launcher Problem', and (not that is a bug,) she also knockback Heavy Air Normals; the point of that, is there may indeed be a connection there...
6.After Launcher; Can self-chain LP, LK, and MK two times each. Additionaly, it's a bit difficult to do Air Chains.

Also, this doesn't really need to be changed, but, her voice is incredibly dull, and at times sounds like one of those Computer voices from those typing programs. It wouldn't be so much of a deal if there weren't so many quality, lively voices present in many of the other characters, but there are. Not to mention that, for someone who's never read a comic with Birdy in it, her SC sprites seem to portray her as a character's whose voice should often be anything but dull. Just something to think about.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:03:30 PM by novasod »

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2010, 03:07:34 PM »
i also found with birdy that she can only do tank chains and that cyclops has a broken magic series like bishops (only part that works is jab > short )and also cannot combo any standing move into crouching and vice versa.
(click to show/hide)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #123 on: December 15, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »
Gambit:
1.His primary type is Agile, but he does more damage then Cyclops in most cases. Tone down his Damage Ratio.
2.Has OTG thing.
3.It's rather difficult for Gambit to perform Air>Ground chains.
4.If the opponent's in the corner when Gambit use Kinetic Card, Gambit can juggle with the right techniques.
5.His Superjump operates sort of awkwardly, though it's possible that it's supposed to be like that.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2010, 04:16:24 PM »
i found a bug with sabretooths lp>lp chain it combos from the second hit into the first but not the first into the second. more detailed desctiption is that the horizontal punch combos to the vertical but vertical is first.
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal