collapse

Author Topic: Xbox Does It Agian  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
Re: Xbox Does It Agian
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 12:22:28 AM »
So I calculated it. and 60/360 comes out to 16 cents a day.

I can afford that.

I never understood this argument. It sounds great to the ears, but you don't pay 16 cents a day technically cause there isn't a 16 cents a day option. I mean technically that is like saying people could afford a car with car payments that are 200 bucks a month due cause it is $6.67 a day. That is cheap actually, but people still struggle with car payments. 16 cents a day sounds nice, but in reality, you don't have that option. You could save 16 cents a day for a whole year and then pay for Live the next year, but why would you do that?  You would play Live every other year.

Edit:Whoops I made a mistake here, ignore the last 2 sentences. I wasn't thinking lol.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:21:00 AM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »
I never understood this argument. It sounds great to the ears, but you don't pay 16 cents a day technically cause there isn't a 16 cents a day option. I mean technically that is like saying people could afford a car with car payments that are 200 bucks a month due cause it is $6.67 a day. That is cheap actually, but people still struggle with car payments. 16 cents a day sounds nice, but in reality, you don't have that option. You could save 16 cents a day for a whole year and then pay for Live the next year, but why would you do that?  You would play Live every other year.
Its just part of most xbox users lack of financial sense (no offence towards whiplash btw) look at it this way when ps3 was 100 dollars more expensive it was STILL cheaper. wifi $100, online $50, rechargeable batteries for you controller $20, wireless headset is a mandatory $60 were as any bluetooth you own can be used for ps3. you were looking at least an extra $100 to get everything ps3 had out the box and still were down 20 gigs on hdd space. No xbox user got it. They don't understand that an expense is an expense and that your always spending more money than you should just to use the features you've already paid for in purchasing the game. Its double dipping either way you look at it and you remaining xbox users should be angry.
(click to show/hide)

Offline R.I.C.O - Twon

• I llu M ina T i
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 25, 2013, 10:18:26 PM
  • WHOOP R.I.C.O!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 01:56:57 AM »
Its just part of most xbox users lack of financial sense (no offence towards whiplash btw) look at it this way when ps3 was 100 dollars more expensive it was STILL cheaper. wifi $100, online $50, rechargeable batteries for you controller $20, wireless headset is a mandatory $60 were as any bluetooth you own can be used for ps3. you were looking at least an extra $100 to get everything ps3 had out the box and still were down 20 gigs on hdd space. No xbox user got it. They don't understand that an expense is an expense and that your always spending more money than you should just to use the features you've already paid for in purchasing the game. Its double dipping either way you look at it and you remaining xbox users should be angry.
You really throw yourself out there as a fanboy, and you just showed your lack of financial sense. First and foremost, "cents per day" has absolutely nothing to do with Xbox or its users. It is nothing more than giving a consumer a perspective of his costs and benefits. I will use what Whiplash said as in example. Let's say Microsoft just told me exactly what Whiplash just said: Xbox Live only costs you $.16 a day. I, as the consumer, automatically think to myself that this doesn't sound too bad - which it isn't. So given that, I can now calculate my costs: $.16 x 7 (days) = $1.12/week. If I work minimum wage (which I think is $7.25 right now) 12 hrs per week, I'm making $87/week. So I can take that (without what gets taken out of your paycheck before it's given to you) and ring my check up to a $85.88. That would be one of my costs. Others could be 1 item/week off the Dollar Menu, 3 less trips to the vending machine per month, maybe 2 shirts per year, etc. All that is being done is measuring your costs vs your benefits. If you feel your two t-shirts are more valuable than Xbox Live, in this case, the correct decision would be to not purchase XBL. Basically, what you really meant to say was, "Xbox users must have a great sense of finances if they all think like Whiplash." No thank you needed.

Secondly, your whole list isn't necessary to play online - only the subscription. So there goes that argument ($100 isn't less than $50 in case you missed that).

Good post at Theendgame though, the one before the last.

The price I pay isn't worth one feature, in-game cross chat, but a sub is still needed in order to play online. Doesn't put a hole in my pocket, so there really is no concern.
OMGZ My e-feelings!!! (cheekslap)

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 02:34:13 AM »
You really throw yourself out there as a fanboy, and you just showed your lack of financial sense. First and foremost, "cents per day" has absolutely nothing to do with Xbox or its users. It is nothing more than giving a consumer a perspective of his costs and benefits. I will use what Whiplash said as in example. Let's say Microsoft just told me exactly what Whiplash just said: Xbox Live only costs you $.16 a day. I, as the consumer, automatically think to myself that this doesn't sound too bad - which it isn't. So given that, I can now calculate my costs: $.16 x 7 (days) = $1.12/week. If I work minimum wage (which I think is $7.25 right now) 12 hrs per week, I'm making $87/week. So I can take that (without what gets taken out of your paycheck before it's given to you) and ring my check up to a $85.88. That would be one of my costs. Others could be 1 item/week off the Dollar Menu, 3 less trips to the vending machine per month, maybe 2 shirts per year, etc. All that is being done is measuring your costs vs your benefits. If you feel your two t-shirts are more valuable than Xbox Live, in this case, the correct decision would be to not purchase XBL. Basically, what you really meant to say was, "Xbox users must have a great sense of finances if they all think like Whiplash." No thank you needed.

Secondly, your whole list isn't necessary to play online - only the subscription. So there goes that argument ($100 isn't less than $50 in case you missed that).

Good post at Theendgame though, the one before the last.

The price I pay isn't worth one feature, in-game cross chat, but a sub is still needed in order to play online. Doesn't put a hole in my pocket, so there really is no concern.
True. I do prefer PS3 to 360 but i wouldnt go as far as to call myself a fan boy as i have owned both consoles and to any one that asks me "what console should i get" I would respond in an answer that weighs the merits of both as i do believe Xbox has its merits.

I am not stating any where that the amount of money it self is an issue. The principals behind what is happening is the problem.
You are buying a game which allows you to play online, a console which allows you to play the game and play it online ,and you are paying for the internet service itself. This much you have. Now you have Microsoft disabling you from using these features unless you pay them a premium. So unless you pay them for there service they are actually taking AWAY value from that which you already own not adding it.

Your right many things i list are not necessary to play online and are besides the fact.

So all in all vending machine, trips, dollar menus, t shirts hell i dont care if you sacrificed your dream of swimming in a pile of $60 worth of pennies the fact is that you are paying Microsoft to not take vale away from your gaming expeience. You shouldn have to give up $#!t in order to use whats yours.
(click to show/hide)

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 03:36:07 AM »
Amazing, that my statement brought about 3 paragraphs/

The $60 I pay is worth it to me, because ALL my friends have 360s. in fact, I don't know ANYONE with a ps3. Why the heck would I buy a ps3, if I can't play on it with anyone I know?

So all in all vending machine, trips, dollar menus, t shirts hell i dont care if you sacrificed your dream of swimming in a pile of $60 worth of pennies the fact is that you are paying Microsoft to not take vale away from your gaming expeience. You shouldn have to give up $#!t in order to use whats yours.

You know, I actually Agree with you. I NEVER understood why Microsoft is forcing us to pay money in the first place. That being said, I find it worth it to save up $60 to play with my friends.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 10:44:54 PM »
Takes way to long to update, let alone initial installs for games to play. Too bad you can't talk to any of those members across games.

$60 a year is way worth having to deal with Playstation's inadequacies. They even know it, which is why their working up the Playstation Plus service.

Meh. I can do other stuff while updating/installing. As for the members across games feature... I never used that feature and I never will thus making that feature all too pointless for me.  8=| Not to mention if I really wanted something like that I could just get a wifi setup and use skype.

Microsoft doesn't even need to make their users pay for this garbage service. I mean we're talking about a company whose employees use dollar bills for toilet paper.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:15:35 PM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 27, 2024, 07:01:29 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Well, I obviously can't justify my expenditure so I'll not be back in this one.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar