collapse

Author Topic: about warehouses.........  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
Re: about warehouses.........
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2007, 12:52:24 AM »
I'm wondering when a lot of people will realize in 99% of cases where a private character is passed around, it's becuase it's a private beta to be tested for releasing at a later time. It's basically a matter of getting it tested, checked out, and as perfect as possible before releasing in these cases.

You should rarely condemn a creator for having a leak hit them: it's bad enough they got screwed, they don't need some random guy who knows jack about them how they should do their business and that it's their fault. You should be finding and bashing the leaker if it was an act of maliscousness, being more concerned on preventing him from having access to anyone else that may be violated.

Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. If a creator has his/her creations leaked more than once, there is a problem. I would believe the 1st time around, or even maybe the 2nd time around should help you realize who you should and shouldn't trust and maybe rethink on how to do betas\. Releasing a private beta to be testing to 25 of your friends online, is a problem. You should have no more IMO than 2 beta testers. Anymore than 2 is asking for trouble. However blaming a creator should be a case by case basis though, cause you don't know the circumstances on how the creation was leaked.

Spidermew, just have one or two people test it. You don't need a team to tell you what you need to fix it. If you have  anymore than 2 people IMO just have a public beta release and that way you could have alot more feedback on what to fix. Also make sure when you hand it out, somehow make each copy, unique so that way if someone does leak it, you know who it is.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:28 AM »
That`s exactly the root of the leaked chars problem...beta testers ppl! =D>
If you keep you char private ,but you decided to share it with someone else to check its bugs,make sure you know what kind of ppl you`re giving it to
If you don`t either keep it to yourself or expect a leak soon,that might lead to an unexpected release... \-/o
 >:-(-| i consider myself a trustful guy and i wouldn`t mind beta testing,,but believe me ,i don`t even think about becoming beta tester,as nobody will consider me as one to be honest...no rep at all...just some random guy hanging arround at a mugen forum... =D>

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2007, 09:46:27 AM »
Well some mugen creators have more faith in humanity than Jesus himself. If something is online just don't host it. If something is offline, I believe it should be hosted. This is the kind of content IMO should be hosted. Private and WIPs shouldn't be hosted.  If a warehouse housed only offline creations, that is ok with me. I see nothing wrong with sendspacing publicly offline creations as well. If everyone and their mother can pm you or ask you to email you the creation, it is just the same as hosting on a send space or mega share, etc.

Like I think. If the creation is online, it must be on the creators site. Even because sometimes the creators release new versions from his chars, with corrections of bugs and other stuff. So, the chars hosted in warehouses are old version with less good stuff and most bugs.
Most of warehousers just got a bunch of chars, host them, and just get away, leaving the creations abandoned. They not just don't support the creatos, they disrespect them by doing this!

The other side of the coin, some Mugen creators just vanish from the Mugen community, without telling anyone, and leavin his creations alone, like MostMysterious. In this case, I don't see problems in hosting these chars, cuz they're offline, and the creator don't care about it.

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 10, 2017, 01:19:06 AM
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »
I'm wondering when a lot of people will realize in 99% of cases where a private character is passed around, it's becuase it's a private beta to be tested for releasing at a later time. It's basically a matter of getting it tested, checked out, and as perfect as possible before releasing in these cases.

You should rarely condemn a creator for having a leak hit them: it's bad enough they got screwed, they don't need some random guy who knows jack about them how they should do their business and that it's their fault. You should be finding and bashing the leaker if it was an act of maliscousness, being more concerned on preventing him from having access to anyone else that may be violated.

While this is true I believe you totally missed what I was getting at here. By no means am I condeming a creator whose work was leaked, I'm stating that: No sharing unfinished business=No leak.
Where's the rationality in trusting someone you only communicate with through the net? <_<|...|

Offline Kung Fu Man

• MUGEN Veteran
  • Last Login:August 05, 2018, 04:08:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2007, 10:10:59 AM »
Where's the rationality in trusting someone you only communicate with through the net?

Given how thoroughly some of these guys are and the fact they've resorted to hacking, at this point having it on your PC and being online could be risk enough. And no, I'm not exaggerating sadly  ???

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »
heres the bottom line.

WAREHOUSERS are BAD.

and if an character got leaked being an beta. someone just annoyed the beta testers intill they said "ALL RIGHT I WILL GIVE YOU HIM BUT DO NOT LEAK IT!!!" and then the annoying person leaks it end of story...

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »
Where's the rationality in trusting someone you only communicate with through the net?

Given how thoroughly some of these guys are and the fact they've resorted to hacking, at this point having it on your PC and being online could be risk enough. And no, I'm not exaggerating sadly  ???

Yeah that's ridiculous. L-) One thing I've always said in these debates is it's not that serious.....really people will risk jail time for a mugen character? ~X(

and if an character got leaked being an beta. someone just annoyed the beta testers intill they said "ALL RIGHT I WILL GIVE YOU HIM BUT DO NOT LEAK IT!!!" and then the annoying person leaks it end of story...

That's weak, I beta tested not too long ago and I had no problems....sadly another tester leaked the character eventually. I've been bugged in Pm's and other forums for chars, I refuse to let someone make my mind up for me by spamming. There are better ways to handle it than saying f*** it, here's the beta. :-w

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

And on the same token the Mugen Creators shouldnt blame the Mugen Community for leaks like Slotman did. Blame your Beta Tester instead of posting a big crybaby rant that makes everybody feel like Sh*t for something they didnt do.

If it comes down to a Creator vs Mugen community issue with a leak I'm taking the community's side because its the job of the creator to pick the right people not to leak stuff. Blaming innocent people for your own poor judgement isnt right in any way, shape, or form. This is the kind of crap that scorns these guys in wharehousing. However I wouldnt ever point my finger, and blame a creator for a leak. I just wish the same respect was given, instead of all the meltdowns.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:05:52 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2007, 11:54:27 AM »
Where's the rationality in trusting someone you only communicate with through the net? <_<|...|

Well you talk to someone for long enough and your honest with them you kinda get to thinking that they might be honest too.

I met my ex fiance online. You see lots of things can happen though the internet.

WOW! Ive never heard of anyone resorting to hacking... man if they got the time and skills to hack someone's computer for a character why cant they take the time and make one themselfs

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 16, 2010, 11:50:15 PM
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »
heres the bottom line.

WAREHOUSERS are BAD.

Ah, I see. You've not only mentioned the fairly obvious, you have no reasoning behind what you're saying.  =D>

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 05:11:04 PM »
heres the bottom line.

WAREHOUSERS are BAD.

No the person that gave that annoying person the beta leaked it. Under NO circumstance should you give a private beta to anyone. If that person annoys you, block him. Ignore him, tell the staff on the fourms if he is on that forum about the guy, but you DON'T give it to him. It isn't the annoying persons fault that it got leaked, it was the beta tester's fault.

Offline SdotThaDon

• Initiate
  • Havenot Supreme
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 05:31:45 PM »
heres the bottom line.

WAREHOUSERS are BAD.

No the person that gave that annoying person the beta leaked it. Under NO circumstance should you give a private beta to anyone. If that person annoys you, block him. Ignore him, tell the staff on the fourms if he is on that forum about the guy, but you DON'T give it to him. It isn't the annoying persons fault that it got leaked, it was the beta tester's fault.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Exactly.

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 12:31:43 AM »
heres the bottom line.

WAREHOUSERS are BAD.

Yeah, you'd think that if someone was annoying you for a beta, that would make you *less likely* to give them a character.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »
Yeah, you'd think that if someone was annoying you for a beta, that would make you *less likely* to give them a character.
:O

NO BOLD BLUE FONT?

Offline skulldragger

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 26, 2010, 06:02:52 PM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2007, 03:37:37 PM »
i see everyones point but think of a warehouse like a library, why not keep every char in one location for ex your pc crashed and you lost everything well go to the warehouse and look it up.

now leaks are mostly people trusting the wrong people or pissing off the good people. this was all meant to be free and everyone have fun right?  then why argue over a hobby?

most of the chars i gotten where on a certain warehouse, how is it fair if one person has a really good roster of rare and private chars and the rest of the public has what we get from forums??

to me mugen is worse than the real government.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2007, 04:06:07 PM »
:O

NO BOLD BLUE FONT?

IT GOT MELTED IN THE LAVA SO SHUT UP!!!

Don't take that seriously.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2007, 04:18:45 PM »
I hope everything i release gets warehoused, because i have no plans on making a site to host my stuff. 8-} :-j

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
I hope everything i release gets warehoused, because i have no plans on making a site to host my stuff. 8-} :-j

¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿???????????????  are you CRAZY!!!!!!!! XD||

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »
it's almost like open source lightblackheart

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2007, 05:37:09 PM »
oh sorry pal

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 05:49:00 PM »
Nice font.

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 06:05:28 PM »
Nice font.

Let's not start *that* again...

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 06:13:26 PM »
Nice font.

lol, I was just kidding.

Offline yamblack

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 06:31:18 PM »
Nice font.

NICE FONT.

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2007, 06:36:07 PM »
  >:-(-|     :DxDie

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar