IMT Discussions > Sprite Contests

SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #4 Winners

<< < (2/6) > >>

KPT25:
that was my thought as well Spidermew...but if you think about it,DT had the same amount of time to submit and entry than everybody else

JahmelM (JMills):
That was a good turn out!  :thumbsup:
Congrats to DT, and Batzarro  =D>
At least i made it second place!!!!!  :w00t:
Now DT I shawl continue what i sarted(and what u got involved in the middle of) LOL
Once again congrats!!!!

DARKTALBAIN:

--- Quote from: .Batzarro. on February 08, 2009, 11:43:37 PM ---You entered, dt.? /:O

If I had only voted for myself. o.O#

Ah well, was a pretty good turn out. Was also surprised there were about half of the entries without a single vote. Everyone did a great job though. :)

--- End quote ---

I agree everyone did a great job  :thumbsup: I just figured nothing else would win with zarro's entry . I was surprised I tied .

zarro you were right not to vote for yourself .

Now as for me .....

Once in awhile I may slip something into the comp from time to time . I did it fairly . As soon as I knew the theme , I took 4 hours to make my sprite . I did it before I seen anyone elses & never changed it . Proof of that is the other Spiderman entry . Had I known in the beginning someone else was doing Spiderman , I would've done something else .  I posted my Medieval Spawn sprite at the bottom to throw people off , so no one really knew I entered .

I had a couple of reasons for entering .

1) After last week & people talking about they were going to quit submitting entries . I kind of thought there wasn't going to be a good turn out this week . So I just made something to boost the entries .

2) After I kind of got beat up in my Wolvenom thread by a certain someone . I've been having some doubts about my spriting ability . I needed to prove something to myself , I guess . " That I still had it "
This was the perfect way , I thought . No one would know who made this sprite . It was just a random sprite in a competition . So people would not be voting for it because they liked me , thought I was a cool
person , or because I have something in EOH etc ..... They would be voting on what they thought looked good .

I think this proved alot to me & I feel alot better now . When I seen zarro's submission . I thought nothing else would even come close to it . In my mind I declared him the winner as soon as I seen it . But somehow my Spidey hung in there to tie for first ?

I want to thank everyone who voted for the Spiderman #1 sprite . Because I know that you voted for it , because you thought it was good , not just because it had " DT's " name on it . It meant alot to tie or even be in the running with zarro's masterpiece

BTW GaryCXJk

I fixed your name .  

.Batzarro.:

--- Quote from: DARKTALBAIN on February 09, 2009, 12:01:28 AM ---I agree everyone did a great job  :thumbsup: I just figured nothing else would win with zarro's entry . I was surprised I tied .

zarro you were right not to vote for yourself .

Now as for me .....

Once in awhile I may slip something into the comp from time to time . I did it fairly . As soon as I knew the theme , I took 4 hours to make my sprite . I did it before I seen anyone elses & never changed it . Proof of that is the other Spiderman entry . Had I known in the beginning someone else was doing Spiderman , I would've done something else .  I posted my Medieval Spawn sprite at the bottom to throw people off , so no one really knew I entered .

I had a couple of reasons for entering .

1) After last week & people talking about they were going to quit submitting entries . I kind of thought there wasn't going to be a good turn out this week . So I just made something to boost the entries .

2) After I kind of got beat up in my Wolvenom thread by a certain someone . I've been having some doubts about my spriting ability . I needed to prove something to myself , I guess . " That I still had it "
This was the perfect way , I thought . No one would know who made this sprite . It was just a random sprite in a competition . So people would not be voting for it because they liked me , thought I was a cool
person , or because I have something in EOH etc ..... They would be voting on what they thought looked good .

I think this proved alot to me & I feel alot better now . When I seen zarro's submission . I thought nothing else would even come close to it . In my mind I declared him the winner as soon as I seen it . But somehow my Spidey hung in there to tie for first ?

I want to thank everyone who voted for the Spiderman #1 sprite . Because I know that you voted for it , because you thought it was good , not just because it had " DT's " name on it . It meant alot to tie or even be in the running with zarro's masterpiece

BTW GaryCXJk

I fixed your name .  

--- End quote ---
That was beautiful, man. :'( lol

Anyways, thanks for thinking so much of my sprite. Believe it or not, there was a lot more I had planned for it, just not enough time. I just thought to myself, if it's truly fine with everyone else that so many sprites can be in a single entry, I'm gonna take full well advantage of it. ;*))

DARKTALBAIN:

--- Quote from: .Batzarro. on February 09, 2009, 12:07:29 AM ---That was beautiful, man. :'( lol

Anyways, thanks for thinking so much of my sprite. Believe it or not, there was a lot more I had planned for it, just not enough time. I just thought to myself, if it's truly fine with everyone else that so many sprites can be in a single entry, I'm gonna take full well advantage of it. ;*))

--- End quote ---

I kind of think you went a little overboard to make your point .  ;*))

But as you can see by this week winners . I don't really think it's how many sprites you make in your entry . It's the quality of the work , originality , style used to make it & if you are doing an existing character , how close he looks to the real deal .

I think you were voted , just because yours is a masterpiece . It actually is more like a sig .

I think I won , because people liked my sprite . Plus I made him like he is in the Marvel Zombies book .

DanoArtist because that Giant man was original . I never thought I would see an entry like that & the work was done well . Especially for the shading on a big sprite .

JMills for originality & work put in . He made a bunch of characters , had a good theme & putting a spoon in Hayato's hand was genius .  :DxDie

SpiderMew definately for originality . Cuclops took off his own head to shoot Magneto with an optic blast  :DxDie. 

Everyone think of all these things combined when making your sprites for the comp & it will give you a better chance of winning . Like I said I really think everyone did a great job this week . All the entries were excellent . It's just batzarro's stood out more to me because it was almost like a painting .

Now just in case anyone is wondering what my sprite consists of . First I took Spiderman sprites & made a " grungier " looking palette . I totally thinned up spidey to give him a more zombie type look .  Then I downloaded some pics of the Marvel Zombie Spiderman . I changed the stance for reasons I will mention in a minute . I decided where I was going to have Flesh missing or bone hanging out & totally erased that . I ripped up his mask & redid his jaw & eye . Then I just sprited the rotting flesh , shredded costume & sprited the bones hanging out . Made his costume ripped &  bloody flesh in spots . I did the rib cage hanging out last . The reason why I changed the stance is because I have a version with a missing leg , like after the bone broke in the book . So I needed an arm to support the body instead . But I decided to submit a version for the comp of when he first started to become zombified basically .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version