collapse

Author Topic: MUGEN GUILD GONE WILD!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 17240 times)

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: MUGEN GUILD GONE WILD!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »
Hold on....that's not right. That policing outside of the Infinity forums. It is still a punishment. You should only punish if they are doing it here. So if lets say some ranked Infinity member goes to a site and it isn't mugen, but there is a mugen topic there and insults a creator like Magus or KFM, they can be punished due to their opinion of them? Not everyone is gonna have a high opinion of those 2 or every creator. I understand if that Infinity member started huge problems in a forum or something, but to say a off handed comment like "That "insert creator" is a idiot." You are basically having Infinity members having to look out what they say anywhere. The forums rules here shouldn't extend to another forum. Let them bash on another forum. It shouldn't be your call or any admins or mods call if what a user says on another forum. Basically you can't talk our minds about mugen anywhere without punishment if it pertains negative comments towards a creator. You said you can effect their rank, you can also ban. This comment is VERY disturbing to me.

Why worry? Unless you're planning to go out and flame at the Guild in the name of Infinity....

Rules are rules. There's no dictatorship here. There's no rules for posting at other sites. If you act cool here & rep Infinity as it being your main stomping grounds, then 9 out of 10 cases you will act cool at other forums.  However, if you go out to attack others at other forums and Infinity is written all over you, what are the other members of that forum to think? "He's not a regular here, he's from Infinity! Damn, I hate Infinity because they keep attacking us!!!" And that's where feuds between forums begin.

Infinity's trying to run smooth here, and there's a lot of peace that almost all the members enjoy. Let's keep it that way.
Quote for the truth.

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2007, 08:45:56 PM »
Comment for the last quote...this runs very peaceful...even with the reprimends that some n00bs will get *first time here...goes to the request section and asks chars that don`t exist/more than 3 requests* this will still be cool...unlike what`s happening at the Guild,where some guys even threaten or insult each other to get chars...
God...that place has become a joke for everyone who has known the codes for a while about MUGEN...

Offline Sol-blaze

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 03, 2014, 06:41:50 AM
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:11 PM »
I think every one should leave this guild thing alone, warehousing, "stealing" give credit where credit is due, the "legit" side seem to hate that, saying that it won't work...why not? has it ever been tryied? it won't work because you won't let work. "Possible hate from the community" personally I don't care what the community thinks of me, I do what I want, if you,re hating over somthing like mugen, then I'll find a way to make you hate me more. proper credit or a "footnote in some readme file" is all creaters need, people will want to know the origins of a "stolen" creation and track down the original author and creation.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #428 on: August 28, 2007, 08:54:43 PM »
You must not think I am fair. Have I come across as the evil dictator looking for someone to mess up?

If let's say Jay_High19 goes to the Guild and posts that "on behalf of Infinity, you idiots here are n00bs!" this is what will affect him here. If you go on a tirade and decide to be irresponsible and a jackass and go to some other forum and flame n00b's and you get fingered to be part of an Infinity conspiracy, then you will be reprimanded here for it. We DO NOT promote this kind of crap. There has to be a link to the offending thread and there has to be irrefutable proof that you are being a fool elsewhere and being fingered here for it to affect your status here.

This is solely on a case-by-case basis and not everyone here will even have this sort of issue. No need to get bent out of shape about it and no need to worry that because you go and defend our stance about something that you will be reprimanded here. This whole deal was for the people that go to FLAME for no reason or provocation at all.

Of course if someone said on behalf of Infinity. That is entirely different. If you talk on the behalf of Infinity that of course should be punished cause then you will get the forum in trouble. However you never stated that previously. I am talking about off handed comments. The entire context of what you or dennis was saying seemed to point out that if any member of Infinity stated something bad, they can be punished. Dennis pointed out, users go there to bash and you responded with this

If they are fingered as being from Infinity or if they have a rank of some sort here besides the usual Lurker/Initiate/Forum Member they will lose their rank standings here.

That 1st half of that is what triggered my response to what you said. If you had just ment ranked members, ok, but you didn't. Sometimes I misspeak too and forget to edit my posts and the context of what I said can be viewed differently. However I have seen posts that weren't clear and the person cleared it up and it was the bad post I thought it was.

Of course I understand within the Mugen community that mods and admins have to be have some responsibility in what they say, but common users shouldn't be held to this. If people flame, they flame, it shouldn't be a punishment on here unless they do it here or they did it on the behalf of Infinity in another forum.

Ok lets say there is a Infinity forum member named Jimbob. He has been with Infinity for 8 months, kinda well known here, but doesn't have any kind of rank outside of what normal members have. He also kinda posts in the guild and MI and makes 2-3 posts about Infinity and defends it on either site if someone is bashing it. So, if I saw Jimbob on gaiaonline, stating in any kind of topic bashing 1 or 2 creators and/or a mugen community, would he get in trouble if someone reported him to you? Mind you he never ever stated that it is on the behalf of Infinity. You said

There has to be a link to the offending thread and there has to be irrefutable proof that you are being a fool elsewhere and being fingered here for it to affect your status here.

If Jimbob does indeed get in trouble, all he has to do is say "that's not me". You can't have irrefutable proof on the internet when it comes to this. I remember someone impersonated as Scar on Youtube. Anyone can impersonate anyone online. I know you could try to get someone IP address to see if it is that person or not, by asking a admin or something on a site. I doubt they would give it out. I had a pretty good reason to get bent out of shape, cause that statment basically said to me that you want to control what is said on other sites to a degree. If it comes to mods and admins, I understand, but anyone outside of that isn't a official staff of IMT shouldn't get in trouble. I just want to be very clear on this issue. I know this issue won't effect me, due to the fact I barely post about mugen on other forums or really insult anyone, but when it comes to fairness and treatment of members (on any forum I am in), I do feel like I have to say something.

Jay, the way it was worded, you can't have a off colored opinion about anybody or forum in the mugen community anywhere on the web expect in PMs. If Ex, meant just the staff ok, that is understandible, again much more responsiblity I guess. Regular members, no. I don't believe I should follow the rules of one forum when I am in another, unless I am a high ranking member (mod or admin), then in that case, of course what I  say should be watched.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: August 28, 2007, 08:56:40 PM »
I think every one should leave this guild thing alone, warehousing, "stealing" give credit where credit is due, the "legit" side seem to hate that, saying that it won't work...why not? has it ever been tryied? it won't work because you won't let work. "Possible hate from the community" personally I don't care what the community thinks of me, I do what I want, if you,re hating over somthing like mugen, then I'll find a way to make you hate me more. proper credit or a "footnote in some readme file" is all creaters need, people will want to know the origins of a "stolen" creation and track down the original author and creation.
It won't work because it never has, it has been tryed. Infinity was a former warehouse for a reason! About 2 years ago we had the same rules as the guild (the new guild), Infinity decided to stop warehousing simply because that style is failure. Guild did not upgrade, they downgraded. The community has been around for about 10 years, and warehouses have been shunned out for about that long. Warehouses DO fail. The community wasn't born yesterday.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:00:23 PM by Zeiram/vkm »

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: August 28, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »
How long have you been into mugen?
Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?
Come here: Login

Offline Sol-blaze

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #431 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »
It won't work because it never has, it has been tryed. Infinity was a former warehouse for a reason! About 2 years ago we had the same rules as the guild (the new guild), Infinity decided to stop warehousing simply because that style is failure. Guild did not upgrade, they downgraded. The community has been around for about 10 years, and warehouses have been shunned out for about that long. Warehouses DO fail. The community wasn't born yesterday.
Well aware of that, but people aren't even trying to see the bright side of things, "warehouses are evil" and all that "use the database" stuff I don't have time for any of that. most ppl don't, call it lazy, we are all sitting in frot of a computer clicking stuff. I don't others but I'm all for making things as easy-to-acess as possible If i'm evil for that then whatever.
oh, technicly a year.... 
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:14:46 PM by Sol-blaze »

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: August 28, 2007, 09:16:20 PM »
Well aware of that, but people aren't even trying to see the bright side of things, "warehouses are evil" and all that "use the database" stuff I don't have time for any of that. most ppl don't, call it lazy, we are all sitting in frot of a computer clicking stuff. I don't others but I'm all for making things as easy-to-acess as possible If i'm evil for that then whatever.
oh, technicly a year.... 
Whatever. >_> History is just going to repeat itself, just like it always does.

Offline Sol-blaze

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »
Hey I'm not trying to start a bullcrap flame thread, but speaking of history you realise that nearly all the great men and women, those who changed the world for the better were all rule breakers. :)

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2007, 09:31:38 PM »
I must say it's all very reasoned conversation on this topic, compared to some of the posts in
this topic
. My opinion of this forum has elevated even higher than it was before!

Good show, gents and ladies! I was really worried that the MUGEN Guild changing their rules would reign down anarchy upon our fair board.

Offline Epic Win Man

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 03, 2017, 10:28:49 PM
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2007, 09:37:01 PM »
Hey I'm not trying to start a bullcrap flame thread, but speaking of history you realise that nearly all the great men and women, those who changed the world for the better were all rule breakers. :)
So are murderers  :P
hmmm...

Offline Sol-blaze

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »
So are murderers  :P
so are the ones who stop them, I said "FOR THE BETTER" lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 09:42:21 PM by Sol-blaze »

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »
The newer posts on this topic have lost me.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar