collapse

Author Topic: HD Stage : Outerworld  (Read 1191 times)

Offline DC414

• Phantom G's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:June 18, 2021, 01:07:57 AM
    • Email
HD Stage : Outerworld
« on: September 18, 2008, 02:56:17 AM »
With the release of a new hacked mugen that now supports HD 1280x960 screens (winmugenHD) some new stages are needed.
I present to you the first HD release stage.(other than the one included). This will not work correctly on winmugen or winmugenplus correctly. It actually look horrible on those versions due to the showing of color loss.

DL stage here http://rapidshare.com/files/146235237/outerworld.rar.html
ALSO any one wanting Winmugen HD it is available here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ingjfmzixu8

PS no that is not color loss i changed the picture to look like a painting. so some blur is in order. it was intentional. 

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
Re: HD Stage : Outerworld
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 03:39:41 AM »
 :o
holy heck me to

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Last Login:July 23, 2022, 10:53:52 PM
  • Best. Ever.
    • Call HOH SIS right now!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 10:53:44 AM »
With the release of a new hacked mugen that now supports HD 1280x960 screens (winmugenHD)

That hack was nothing more than a winmugen with nothing but the size jacked up.
I am the Phantom of the Bates Motel

Offline DC414

• Phantom G's
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »
if it aint broke dont fix it. ALL i personally wanted was a mugen that would allow for higher resolution.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »
wait I think I see Riddick in the background :D
:-?? I don't see no Riddick...

Offline SPOOKY77

• CVGUnited.com Admin
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
    • CVG United
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 12:31:51 PM »
My eyes are burning  :o

Offline electrocaid

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 03, 2021, 05:23:26 AM
  • muhahahahaaaaa
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
thanks for supporting an ugly hack like that

this is pure crap!

thanks also for this attempt of community's division

>:(

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »
now for some real feedback nice stage

though some color loss methods could maybe help this stage be even more good nice stage none the less  :)
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline Orochi Gill

• Club Syndicate Admin
  • Last Login:July 23, 2022, 10:53:52 PM
  • Best. Ever.
    • Call HOH SIS right now!
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:59:26 PM »
I am the Phantom of the Bates Motel

Offline DC414

• Phantom G's
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 05:34:02 PM »

this is pure sh*t!

for one you sound like some one who is trapped in low res. on top of that this is the same garbage i herd when hi res mugen first came out.

as for diving the community. How is that . Does soemone say this when the xbox 360 or the ps3 came out.  DaMN sony damn microsoft you divided the community. i want the same old stuff. well the good thing is there are various version for you to play.

as for that thread i have read it, it seems as though most people are complaining because of the high resolution. im sorry but it is NOT a resource hog. It actually does not take up much more resourses then mugen high res. To say the resolution is too high . Come on now! are we are still running crt monitors? on a daily basis i run 1920x1200 just as my desktop. 1280x960 is nothing. ANY modern day flat panel monitor should display this. (i did say flat panel monitor) mugen was not made with tv in mind hence the why no 720p support?  its a PC program not a TV application.

If it is running way to slow for you . buy more memory. or a new GC. i just bought 4 gig for my PC for under 100 dollars. Yes 4 gig. Any modern day Pc should be able to play this without an inkling of an issue. Now if someone is saying im using a p3 512k i could understand. But i have a pc that is more than 5 yrs old and it runs it fine . That is not an issue. Not everyone will like this. As for graphic cards ATI and nvida have good deals the price on GCs have just dropped considerably in the last 2 months. You could get a good one to run this hack for less then $40

To say all they did was release it and not fix anything. 1. i have yet to have it crash. 2. They released the hack.. as well as provide an HD stage. go make your own screenpack and it is fine, some people just want everything handed to them. [ thats the though of a leecher and non contributer] Just give it time and more people will realize the potential of this hack. IT is amazing. Just give it time. It is in its infancy. high res (or should i call it med res now) wasn't supported heavily in its conception, but it became the standard. THIS WILL TOO.

i could go on about how this hack is amazing but i will just tell you to give it time and try it out. if you dont like it you dont have to use it. Your loss. But times are changing and lo res is a thing of the past. Creators want more flexibility and this is it.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:42:54 PM by dc414 »

Offline SPOOKY77

• CVGUnited.com Admin
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
    • CVG United
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 05:49:16 PM »
The more work that is done to MUGEN the better....I wish someone would create a hack that allows for a hi res menu screen...Id do it if I knew anything about Allegro lol but Im just a spriter

Offline DC414

• Phantom G's
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »
actually this hack allows that . Title and Vs screens are 640 x 480 and select screen is 1280 x 960. Basically it is double what plus offers

Offline dragonesku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 24, 2010, 06:08:41 PM
  • Fo' shizzle my nizzle
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 12:03:36 AM »

this is pure sh*t!

wow, that was rough! but then again, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  :-??

I personally wish you good luck dc414. You know,  if mugenHD takes off maybe one day you can take pride and bragging on being a pioneer who actually started creating stuff for that particular hack before most people.

Me? well I'm sticking with winmugen PLUS for the time being.  :O*D

Offline DC414

• Phantom G's
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »
wow, that was rough! but then again, everyone is entitled to their opinion.  I don't know

I personally wish you good luck dc414. You know,  if mugenHD takes off maybe one day you can take pride and bragging on being a pioneer who actually started creating stuff for that particular hack before most people.

Me? well I'm sticking with winmugen PLUS for the time being. 

thanks for those words.. you know at first i didn't know what to expect out of winmugen hd. i didnt know if it would be stable or if it was worth it. The only way to truly know was to tinker with it. After about a week of tinkering with it i have to say it has its positives and it has its negatives.

Positives,

1.from a graphical standpoint a higher resolution is always better. i find that stages with color loss shine in this hack, it makes it harder to see the loss.
2. As well you can use standard Hires screens. Yes they will be smaller because of the higher resolution, but , they look a lot sharper and it allows you a lot more room to be creative.  Look at it  a way to add on to existing stages, or make newer stages in a higher resolution.
3. Allows for future expansion for rippers. Newer games such as Basura X , Kof XiII , Blue Blaze and GG all run HD sprites. Now when they are ripped there is less reason to downgrade them to fit into the current system.

Negativesi dont want be bias and only concentrate on the positives. Yes this is a great hack but it still has its flaws.

1. Even though this runs at a higher resolution it is still the same engine, limited by the same problems it always has. We are still for the most part limited to 8 bit indexed images at 256 colors. (I have managed to get better results tinkering with 16 bit indexed pngs. )
2. Plenty of users who look for source material tend to find them on the internet. ALL of these (unless it is a direct download) are at 72dpi.  Now any designer will tell you 72dpi is not good for print, so source material need to be between 150-300dpi. this also helps greatly when doing higher resolution material.  Every one has blown up an image from the web and has seen the pixelation.  But sadly this just narrows the pool of available resources. (that is unless you create your own) 72dpi can look good with some processing but for the most part looks bad.
3. Low res stages are all but obsolete here, it is not that they don't work but they are so small they are unplayable.

Some people say that this is a resourse hog. Well i did some benchmarks.
My current machine for testing :Athlon AMD 64 bit proces. 2.29 Ghz with 2gig of ram and a radeon 9600 ati card. both running the King of streets sp.

CPU:
Winmugen HD: & Winmugen plus both topped my cpu out at 100% in 1280x960 resolution windowed.

Memory usage:
WinmugenHD used on average through 1 round 530MB of memory
WinMugen+ average through 1 round about 545MB of memory

Both averaged about the same, Both run fine with no problems. So the idea that Winmugen HD takes up more resources is wrong, Wm+ actually took slightly more.

I know i am not the authority when it comes to this stuff, but all i have seen is opinions with no fact. I am writing this as an unbiased review of the new hack. Take it as you will.

Offline fooloof

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 04, 2013, 06:20:56 PM
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 06:38:07 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the steps you have to do when using the HD version is resize your characters.

Which is unfortunate, because some characters specials/effects won't be drawn in the proper location with respect to characters position.

Which is one of the reasons I personally won't us it.

Would be nice to have Winmugen plus with higher res title screen.
Maybe someday.

FoolooF

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 12:32:23 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the steps you have to do when using the HD version is resize your characters.

Which is unfortunate, because some characters specials/effects won't be drawn in the proper location with respect to characters position.

Maybe someday.

Fooloof
Very correct. :)

I'd rather play low-res as it uses less space on the HDD.

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
nice stage dc, reminds of some crazy star wars stage

Offline DC414

• Phantom G's
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 01:37:10 PM »

Maybe someday.

FoolooF

Actually you can leave the characters the way they are, by default WinmugenHD only effects the stages and screen. It can do the characters but wont upon initial setup you have to do that your self. if you dont mess with any of that the hit sparks and characters will be exactly like they were on +

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
[5] 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal