collapse

Author Topic: [MUGEN] Capcom Fighting All Stars - The Discussion  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:January 25, 2023, 11:03:24 PM
[MUGEN] Capcom Fighting All Stars - The Discussion
« on: September 15, 2008, 02:03:26 AM »
Hi to everyone! Well, a lot of you maybe know about my project, CAPCOM FIGHTING ALL STARS. I decided to cancel the project, due to some problems. Now, I return to work on it, but I don't know if the thing that happen with the project the last time will happen again, so I decided to keep this in the discussion forum.

Here's the intro template I'm planning for the characters.
[youtube=425,350]M2_c5roeG7Q[/youtube]

For now, I'm working from the beginning, and I'm working on Ryu (Alpha Sprites), Megaman and Karin. News will be posted here until this project goes to a decent percentage, actually I think it's like in less of 5 %!!!

See you later!!! If you want, post your comments and ideas!!! Thanks!!!

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
Re: [MUGEN] Capcom Fighting All Stars - The Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:35:38 AM »
cool your bringing it back.

Offline Lord_Waffles

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 10:53:53 PM
  • For the kingdom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:50:49 PM »
Nice idea man. I hope this project goes the distance

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 11, 2024, 11:23:07 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 01:07:09 PM »
Take these words from Cyclops: "Dreams don't die!!"
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 01:51:41 PM »
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!! :) :) :)
And well, I have a little of free time to upload another videos:

Ryu's Win Screen
[youtube=425,350]IIAMnaSbRyg[/youtube]

Prospered Fatherland [Leo Stage] - WIP
[youtube=425,350]lKLvfB7FT-E[/youtube]

Match: Ryu Vs. Ryu
[youtube=425,350]5Vxg47Qtkcg[/youtube]

Match: Karin Vs. Ryu
[youtube=425,350]PXFAASOOywA[/youtube]

See you! And thanks for your comments  :)!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:18:47 PM by sub-zero99 »

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
I'm glad it's back, but curiously enough why did you end up starting over, and what prompted you to use alpha sprites instead of CVS sprites for ryu this time around?

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 05:13:21 PM »
Thanks Tenspeed! Well, I really want to improve some things from the beginning, and try to do another things. I had some trouble with the KFMarvel base, because some things that he had and I couldn't catch at all. About the sprites, I choose the Alpha style just for try something different. Once time Ryu is complete, I will change the sprites for the CvS ones. Hopefully, Ryu [Alpha] will be the first character I will release. Once he's released, I hope a lot of you can test him and tell me your opinions about the system and the stuff I will add to him.

Later!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 05:46:50 PM »
In one of your videos it looks like you used Ryu as an intro for Mega Man. Were you mixing both sprites?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 06:49:25 PM »
No Uche, actually I haven't coded the Megaman intros yet. The base for him is Ryu, that's why he has his sprites.

Later!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!! :) :) :)
And well, I have a little of free time to upload another videos:

Ryu's Win Screen
[youtube=425,350]IIAMnaSbRyg[/youtube]

Prospered Fatherland [Leo Stage] - WIP
[youtube=425,350]lKLvfB7FT-E[/youtube]

Match: Ryu Vs. Ryu
[youtube=425,350]5Vxg47Qtkcg[/youtube]

Match: Karin Vs. Ryu
[youtube=425,350]PXFAASOOywA[/youtube]

See you! And thanks for your comments  :)!!!
It looks like you have long ways to go. If you need help, I can spread word of this to the other forums.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 04:12:26 PM »
Thanks Uche! I think that would be great once I release the first character, in that way I'll show to the community what I want to do and improve.

Later!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 08:22:53 PM »
Thanks Uche! I think that would be great once I release the first character, in that way I'll show to the community what I want to do and improve.

Later!
Ok, I can wait for the release.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 01:22:08 PM »
this is ACTUALLY a really good project.   especially compared to other projects out there that seem like such a waste of time.   i hope it comes out  good luck

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 02:09:30 AM »
Thanks Gore!!! And well, one thing I want in this game, is to put a lot of cameos and things that will make us remember how we played our favorite Capcom games. Maybe not so relevant, but here's the Megaman intro, less of 4 seconds. I need to add Rush as a helper, but I will do it in a later time. Megaman already has all the basic attacks (standing, crouching and aerial), but for now, I just wanted to show you one of his intros, remember, all your ideas will be taken into consideration!

[youtube=425,350]OBiVYMPCG4g[/youtube]

See you later!!!

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »
Thanks Gore!!! And well, one thing I want in this game, is to put a lot of cameos and things that will make us remember how we played our favorite Capcom games. Maybe not so relevant, but here's the Megaman intro, less of 4 seconds. I need to add Rush as a helper, but I will do it in a later time. Megaman already has all the basic attacks (standing, crouching and aerial), but for now, I just wanted to show you one of his intros, remember, all your ideas will be taken into consideration!

[youtube=425,350]OBiVYMPCG4g[/youtube]

See you later!!!
I have a few ideas(I), suggestions(S), and questions(Q):
  • S: Give Megaman all his moves from the Marvel vs. series.
  • Q: Are you sure you want to mix Capcom vs. SNK sprites with Marvel vs. sprites.
  • S: If you're going to use a tag system, look at Beximus and Sludge's tag systems.
  • I: Tell everyone who tried to help you the first time that you've returned and you're continuing the dream of the full game motif. That way, you have much less work to do.
  • Q: Will we see a sequel?  ;D
  • S: Take the time you need to make some hitsparks to go with this full game. Using Kung Fu Marvel gives you just the default hitsparks. If you're planning on using the default, then ignore this suggestion.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
  • Q: Are you sure you want to mix Capcom vs. SNK sprites with Marvel vs. sprites.
  • S: If you're going to use a tag system, look at Beximus and Sludge's tag systems.
  • I: Tell everyone who tried to help you the first time that you've returned and you're continuing the dream of the full game motif. That way, you have much less work to do.
  • Q: Will we see a sequel? ;D
  • S: Take the time you need to make some hitsparks to go with this full game. Using Kung Fu Marvel gives you just the default hitsparks. If you're planning on using the default, then ignore this suggestion.

• Be sure of this one, also, I will try to give him one new move or more.
  • I still think about this one. I think that maybe the palletes could work in a few cases, but not in every case. But also, I want to see some of the chars that appear in the CvS2, like Chun-Li, Kyosuke, Felo's Rose and Ingrid(the last two have this sprite style), for example. In other way, I think it would be easier to change the CvS2-SF3 sprite style to the MvC style, because a lot of the characters that will appear will be with the MvC-SFA-DS sprites style. I think it would be good to see how it works once I could release a pair of characters more.
  • Thanks for this one! I played the demo of Capcom Fighting Revolution, and I see that it has a great tag system. I will try to get in contact with Beximus and Sludge for this one!
  • I will do it once that one of the characters can be released. A lot of people offer to help me, like Acey with some of her chars, but she wanted to see my works for give his approval, like a lot of other creators. I still have some things to do, and once I can give all of you a test of the system, I will try to get permissions once more time.
  • Well... I don't think "sequel" is the word. This game would be like the Street Fighter 2-3, with different chapters and changes. If all goes in a good way, then the next chapter will have more characters, stages and all that kind of stuff.
  • For now, I'm doing a new base. I think I will ask Redhot for help, maybe he has some experience with his MvC3 project, I will try to get in contact with him.

UPDATE: I edit some of the Megaman Sparks into Hi-Res, what do you think about them?

Also, a preliminar test of Megaman.
[youtube=425,350]eMWFnBA6Cfo[/youtube]

Later!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:39:40 PM by sub-zero99 »

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 11:02:10 PM »
  • Q: Will we see a sequel? ;D

• Be sure of this one, also, I will try to give him one new move or more.
  • I still think about this one. I think that maybe the palletes could work in a few cases, but not in every case. But also, I want to see some of the chars that appear in the CvS2, like Chun-Li, Kyosuke, Felo's Rose and Ingrid(the last two have this sprite style), for example. In other way, I think it would be easier to change the CvS2-SF3 sprite style to the MvC style, because a lot of the characters that will appear will be with the MvC-SFA-DS sprites style. I think it would be good to see how it works once I could release a pair of characters more.
  • Thanks for this one! I played the demo of Capcom Fighting Revolution, and I see that it has a great tag system. I will try to get in contact with Beximus and Sludge for this one!
  • I will do it once that one of the characters can be released. A lot of people offer to help me, like Acey with some of her chars, but she wanted to see my works for give his approval, like a lot of other creators. I still have some things to do, and once I can give all of you a test of the system, I will try to get permissions once more time.
  • Well... I don't think "sequel" is the word. This game would be like the Street Fighter 2-3, with different chapters and changes. If all goes in a good way, then the next chapter will have more characters, stages and all that kind of stuff.
  • For now, I'm doing a new base. I think I will ask Redhot for help, maybe he has some experience with his MvC3 project, I will try to get in contact with him.

UPDATE: I edit some of the Megaman Sparks into Hi-Res, what do you think about them?

Also, a preliminar test of Megaman.
[youtube=425,350]eMWFnBA6Cfo[/youtube]

Later!
Now that is what I call High-Resolution!!  ^:)^  ^:)^
I see you went towards this direction, because the game is going to be in High-Resolution as well.

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 11:24:18 PM »
Hi again guys!!!
Well, I bring something new this time. Thanks to the EoH Template, I could get some ideas that might work with the CFAS Template. Acey talk with me, and also, he give me permission to use the EoH Template. Of course, like he said, it wouldn't be a good idea to have a copy of a template... so, I will try to use the EoH T. for reference, thanks Acey!!!
Also, I leave a shot of the Hyper BG and Hyper portrait, what do you think?

See you later!

Offline bse24

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 26, 2024, 04:15:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:15 AM »
 ^:)^ It is awesome.

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »
Hi again guys!!!
Well, I bring something new this time. Thanks to the EoH Template, I could get some ideas that might work with the CFAS Template. Acey talk with me, and also, he give me permission to use the EoH Template. Of course, like he said, it wouldn't be a good idea to have a copy of a template... so, I will try to use the EoH T. for reference, thanks Acey!!!
Also, I leave a shot of the Hyper BG and Hyper portrait, what do you think?

See you later!

You have to make a template for us to use on our characters. We can better create with shining examples like yours and Acey's.

It's...
Dy-No-Mite!!!! :w00t: :w00t:Dy-No-Mite!!!! :w00t: :w00t:
Dy-No-Mite!!!! :w00t: :w00t:Dy-No-Mite!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 11:39:56 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys!!! And well, I will try to do my best!!! Once I release the first character (Ryu probably), I will make the template with the basics. In this case, if anyone wants to help in the project, he/she will be able to do so.

Later! And wait for more updates in this project and the EoH Leo and Demitri!!!

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 12:06:06 AM »
If u need screenpack help pm me.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 12:14:17 AM »
Megaman's High-res effects look great.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 12:24:51 AM »
Mind if I help out with the lifebar portraits?

Offline Nestor

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »
Ouch!!! I just didn't came here for a days and I didn't see the posts! Sorry guys&nbsp; :( :( :(
Well, now...
Iceman: Thanks buddy!!! I will take it into consideration, thanks a lot!!!
Zro: Thanks for your comments!!!
Susser Tod: Of course, it would be great!!! As well, if you have some concepts, post them here, that would be great!

And well, I was working on the select screen... and I think some ideas would be very good!!!

Later!!!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:49:00 AM by sub-zero99 »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar