collapse

Author Topic: Poll: PS3 or Wii?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline SupaKMW

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 18, 2015, 06:01:33 AM
  • Master Storm........Also Infinity Supporter 4 Life
    • Email
Re: Poll: PS3 or Wii?
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 07:39:15 PM »
The Wii is cool for me, let me list my titles...

Battalion Wars 2, Mario Kart Wii, SSBBrawl, Blast Works: BT&D, Super Paper Mario, Medal of Honor Heros 2, and RE 4 are my latest titles.

The systems has good games you just don't hear about them  [-X .

Sig created by Yours Truely, 8)
YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/SupaKMW

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:52 PM »
In rpg's all that really matters is the storyline.

I think it's kinda shallow to say that all that really matters in an RPG is the storyline.  To me, if I wanted a cool story so bad, I'd watch a movie.  When I play a game, the most important thing to me will always be the gameplay.  The original Final Fantasy I didn't have much of a story but people still liked it... then again, its gameplay was also a bit tedious, too.  But then you look at FFI for GBA and the storyline hasn't changed much but its a blast to play through.  Sometimes story can save a game, though.  I thought Final Fantasy VII was lacking in the gameplay department so the only reason why I finished it was just to see where the story went... and to continue listening to the game's music.  I don't know, maybe my priorities are just old-fashioned.   :P

To try and stay on topic, it's true that great games on the Wii don't always get as much attention as the great games you find on the 360 or PS3.  As much attention SSBB got online, it's still nowhere near the hype Halo 3, or even some lesser games, got.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:14:00 PM by DrZaius »

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 08:29:59 AM »
I forgot about gameplay. :(|)

Yeah gameplay is one of the good points a rpg needs. I played a Wii before but I was not hyped about it at all. I played WiiSports before and the text that appears when you hit pins are jaggy with a 52" Inch HDTV. I guess I'm just way to used to my PS3 graphics. If you want the best of of the two worlds grab a Wii and a PS3.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »
I forgot about gameplay. :(|)

Yeah gameplay is one of the good points a rpg needs. I played a Wii before but I was not hyped about it at all. I played WiiSports before and the text that appears when you hit pins are jaggy with a 52" Inch HDTV. I guess I'm just way to used to my PS3 graphics. If you want the best of of the two worlds grab a Wii and a PS3.

HDMI cables make it look way better on bigger screens.  :-"
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »
HAHAH wii still owns! :w00t:

Offline SephirothX2004

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 28, 2013, 09:48:41 AM
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    • SephirothX2004's MUGEN STUFF
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »
Im all for the Wii! :w00t:
I love playing Brawl with my son. ;D

The PS3 just doesnt interest me with its current line-up of games. (:|
MGS4 is the only game id even buy a PS3 for at the moment.

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »
SON? /:O

Offline SephirothX2004

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 28, 2013, 09:48:41 AM
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
    • SephirothX2004's MUGEN STUFF
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
SON? /:O
Yeah he's 4 im 25. ;D
He's a born gamer, really good at Brawl and Galaxy.

Offline desgrav

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 12, 2014, 12:38:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »
Depends on what you like...

Wii Games: LoZ: Twilight Princess, SSB: Brawl, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Metriod Prime: Corruption, Resident Evil 4(Best Version IMO), Mario Kart Wii, Battalion Wars 2, MoH Heroes 2, No More Heroes, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Sports Resort, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, and etc.

PS3 Games: Uncharted, MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots, Resistance 1 & 2,  Kill Zone 2, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, DC Universe Online, LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank Future Series, Metal Gear Online(Seperate Release), and etc.

Will add more later... #:-S
Need help with Chankast?
Come here: Login

Do you own a Dreamcast?
Come here: Login

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »
heres my opinion

the Wii is fun no doubt with fam and friends and the lil kids
the games are pure interaction makes u feel like you doing something and its ultimate with the nun chucks playing tennis or golf
its lightweight and small easy to carry around
its cheap compared to the ps3

the ps3 is also fun with the exclusive games (tekken 6, god of war 3, gt 5 etc)
blue ray is a major factor for movies thats one reason why i bought it
peripherals like the usb control pad chargers works well wiv my nokia n95 to transfer stuff from my phone to laptop and vice versa
online is free (dont know bout the wii)

well hope that helps
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:34 PM »
Playing online with the Wii is free but there may be some games in the future that will charge a fee.

My MUGEN site.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
  • Back from the Ether
    • shinrahunter  *or* TwoDrunkDudes
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »
In rpg's all that really matters is the storyline. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII are my favorites for rpgs because of the balance of the content that the games had and the music could get you going too. I will be getting Final Fantasy XIII as the game looks great and by the looks of it, it is gonna have a good storyline to it.
Let's face it, even if they cancelled ff xiii the story'd be better than xii.

imho as a gamer, the wii fails miserably. I say this because, having owned every console since the humble NES (minus the atari jaguar), I know what I like. I had the same choice you do last xmas, Wii or PS3?
Sure the wii is cheaper, but there's a reason for that, graphically it's marginally better than the gamecube which was only just better than the 64.
Plus the games aren't made for real gamers, they're almost all made to entice new players (read: people who normally dismiss games completely) in the same way the DS did with brain training. While this itself isn't a bad move, Nintendo seem to have forgotten that it's the real gamers who've stuck by them and kept them from going the same way as Sega.
In fact, to date, I've only noticed 3 games I'd play on it; Fire emblem, Mario kart and SSB Brawl. That's not a lot considering the amount of games on the system!

As you can probably guess, I chose the PS3. Granted, the online for certain games can be a little hit n miss and it doesn't have the quantity of titles the wii has, but it has regualar (ish) firmware updates (with support for another 9 years or so).
Plus the quality of the games such as; CoD4, Uncharted, GRID, MGS4, GTA4, Motorstorm, Tekken 5 online & Everybody's golf world tour.
On top of that, there are some awesome titles coming in the next year or so..
Soul calibur 4, FF xiii, Tekken 6, SF4, Little Big Planet, god of War 3 & Resi 5 to name but a few.
It may also be worth mentioning that the PS3 is region free for games, so you can play imports without modding :) (which is good news for me as I'm emigrating)

In the end the choice is yours, I just hope you make the right one...

** sorry for the HUGE post**

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
Let me point out that you can play PS3 game imports NOT PS2 or PS1 imports. Also if you are deciding and you want to play your old ps2 games grab the 80GB PS3 ASAP! A new 80GB model is coming out for $400 with only two usb ports, no Backwards compatibility(you still can play ps1 games though), and no Card readers(you can get a usb attachment). So yes it will be like the old 20GB but with a larger HDD and with the ports in back of the 80GB machine.

You know I wonder when someone will put Christmas lights into the ps3 as the plastic is transparent. :D

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
Oh, yeah that's what I meant, PS3 imports. Sorry for any confusion.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »
What, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, and No More Heroes (to name a few) aren't for "real gamers?"

And I question your list of upcoming "awesome titles" for the PS3.  Lets face it... Final Fantasy, Soulcalibur, and Street Fighter aren't what they used to be.

My MUGEN site.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2008, 04:38:25 AM »
Streetfighter hasn't had a proper release for many years now, so I don't see how it could "not be what it once was".Soul calibur has hardly changed since the original soul edge, all they've done is try to make it more accessible (or are you just an upset wii owner who has to put with soul calibur legends?).
I'll give you that about FF coz 12 was awful, as long as they tidy the plot up with 13 though it should be a welcome return to form.

But come on, Metroid prime series??
gimme a break, the first 2 were 2 of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever had the misfortune of trying. walk into a room... scan EVERYTHING..... shoot things.... walk into next room.... scan EVERYTHING.... come on, it's boring.
Mario galaxy? Never played it, but from what I've been told, it's not as good as Mario 64 and if a game isn't better than it's 10 year old ancestor then there's something wrong. don't even get me started on Zelda, windwaker was incredibly overrated and I fear this probably was too. Besides as a wii owner has already reported earlier in this thread that they feel the GAMECUBE version is better than the wii version, I don't feel I need to say anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nintendo hater, I'd just like to see more games for the wii that don't revolve around swinging your controller about. Idk, for me personally, I just feel that Nintendo have let a lot of people down :(

Offline Silly Da Willy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 14, 2022, 03:18:27 PM
  • Milli Vanilli could never see A Milli again.
Re: PS3 or Wii?
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2008, 06:42:17 AM »
Nintendo Wii

I literally rest my feet on my PS3 when I play my Wii or 360 .

The other day it was kind of hot in the house & it wasn't really hot enough to turn on the central air . I wanted to play some games & it was kind of cool & windy outside . So my door kept blowing shut . I propped my PS3 by it to keep the door open .

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout. Show your system who's boss.  XD|| >:(
You not only get to see "Silly Thawilly" but you get to keep Billy Danilli for your very own. - Bowser

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2008, 02:57:35 PM »
Streetfighter hasn't had a proper release for many years now, so I don't see how it could "not be what it once was".Soul calibur has hardly changed since the original soul edge, all they've done is try to make it more accessible (or are you just an upset wii owner who has to put with soul calibur legends?).
I'll give you that about FF coz 12 was awful, as long as they tidy the plot up with 13 though it should be a welcome return to form.

But come on, Metroid prime series??
gimme a break, the first 2 were 2 of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever had the misfortune of trying. walk into a room... scan EVERYTHING..... shoot things.... walk into next room.... scan EVERYTHING.... come on, it's boring.
Mario galaxy? Never played it, but from what I've been told, it's not as good as Mario 64 and if a game isn't better than it's 10 year old ancestor then there's something wrong. don't even get me started on Zelda, windwaker was incredibly overrated and I fear this probably was too. Besides as a wii owner has already reported earlier in this thread that they feel the GAMECUBE version is better than the wii version, I don't feel I need to say anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Nintendo hater, I'd just like to see more games for the wii that don't revolve around swinging your controller about. Idk, for me personally, I just feel that Nintendo have let a lot of people down :(

Let me just cover the Nintendo games and sum up real quick:

Metroid Prime is not boring.  It's just not a mindless FPS.  Some thought is actually involved.  (GASP!)  Metroid has always been about looking around for stuff.
Super Mario Galaxy is a friggin' good game.  Read reviews for it.
The GCN version of TP is only marginally better than the Wii version in terms of controls but they're pretty much the same game.
If anything, Wind Waker is UNDERrated.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 03:04:49 PM by DrZaius »

My MUGEN site.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2008, 09:17:29 PM »
I'm not trying to turn this into a console war, I don't see the point in those, but you're wrong.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2008, 10:21:01 PM »
I'm not trying to turn this into a console war, I don't see the point in those, but you're wrong.

There's just something about your logic that....makes no sense.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Ook ook!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2008, 10:38:46 PM »
...Yeah, I think people already know you think I'm wrong.  I'm just hoping these other readers will read my comments and, yes, actually go out and try these fantastic Wii games, or at least read reviews about them, to determine if the Wii has anything to offer them.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 10:47:57 PM by DrZaius »

My MUGEN site.

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2008, 03:03:40 AM »
Wow, i didnt know this topic was still alive lol. Well i haven't made a clear cut decision yet but i'm kinda leaning toward a Wii, but then again MGS4 keeps pulling me back ya know.

About Metroid Prime (i have yet to play the 2nd and 3rd one) i have to agree with shinrahunter on the whole scan shoot scan shoot scan shoot thing, it does get boring after awhile (i almost fell asleep one time, no joke). But i also cannot deny that it has all the challanges a metroid game should have. (which is something i love about the series) Idk, its been years since i've played it so i might just buy it again to see what i missed out on.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
Wow, i didnt know this topic was still alive lol. Well i haven't made a clear cut decision yet but i'm kinda leaning toward a Wii, but then again MGS4 keeps pulling me back ya know.

About Metroid Prime (i have yet to play the 2nd and 3rd one) i have to agree with shinrahunter on the whole scan shoot scan shoot scan shoot thing, it does get boring after awhile (i almost fell asleep one time, no joke). But i also cannot deny that it has all the challanges a metroid game should have. (which is something i love about the series) Idk, its been years since i've played it so i might just buy it again to see what i missed out on.

So what? Every single game is repetitive. Same thing everytime. Just singling out a single game is pretty stupid.

Offline shinrahunter

• The Original Deviant
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Back from the Ether
    • Deviant-Generation
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2008, 03:28:38 AM »
Ah, I give up on this subject. My final words.....?

95% of the Wii's games are mini games that wont stand the test of time.
Oh and the metroid prime games are boring.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2008, 03:50:45 AM »
Ah, I give up on this subject. My final words.....?

95% of the Wii's games are mini games that wont stand the test of time.
Oh and the metroid prime games are boring.

If you give up, why flamebait? o.O#

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar