collapse

Author Topic: >>Hi-Res Screenpack<< Epic Battle Of Heroes  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 02:11:28 AM
>>Hi-Res Screenpack<< Epic Battle Of Heroes
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:21:29 PM »
i left making this screenpack a while ago, but now i thought it was sad to had it on my computer without being used and that anyone can enjoy it. so i decided to give it one more try and finally finish and release it.

so here it is:

Works with mugen Plus.

Holds 341 Characters + Hidden Characters.

Special Thanks to:

Dafamily
F.R.3.3.D.O.M

you can see their contributions at the "read me" and their names are included in the credits/ending of this screenpack, thanks a lot guys!

also i made some good music mixes so i hope you like the music.

Note: the original planned lifebars for this screenpack are not included because they havent been finished yet so this is practically a beta release. also ill maybe make a logo and an intro for this screenpack but i dont know if ill be able to, so for now enjoy it as it is.

Anyway i added my previous MVC3 lifebars so you can start using it from the moment you download it.

Screenpack size: 74.3 mb
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fbclu7

NOW HOSTED AT MUGEN HISTORY:

http://www.mugenhistory.com/screenpacks.html

Remember: enjoying is always the best part. ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:20:32 PM by .Danger.Ous »

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
Re: >>Hi-Res Screenpack<< Epic Battle Of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
Well how about that, I jump online to look for a new hi-res screenpack that holds around 300 characters and maybe some new life bars and find this release waiting!

Looks very nice. About 75% downloaded, and will test shortly.

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 02:14:28 AM »
lol ok, hope you like it.

BTW screenpack will be hosted at Mugen History so check back there and download it from there. Thanks to Ruben.  :thumbsup:

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:34:55 PM »
Hadn't had a chance to post feedback til now.
I'm enjoying the screenpack quite a bit! Animations look good and flow smoothly, and I love some of your font choices! Perfect amount of character slots too, IMO. Big enough to give you some freedom, but not so big that all of your portraits look like little blobs. Plugin choices were great, and thanks for using .ogg music for your menus and other screens. MP3s just don't work right in those places....

My only real complaint would be the lack of team/co-op modes, but that's no biggie. I also think that the big portraits would benefit from having some sort of frame or background. Most standard portraits look a little odd just sitting there against the animated backgrounds.

Those MvC bars you included as a placeholder are a little buggy. Portraits and the red "damage" layers of the bars show up over almost every other layer (like hyper bgs), and p2's life doesn't seem to display properly (bar empties before char actually run out of life). I know these aren't the lifebars you are intending to keep in this project, but thought I'd give some feedback on them anyway.

Great screenpack overall! I think I'll be using this one for quite awhile. I'm looking forward to you finishing the lifebars you show in your previews. They look pretty sweet! I'll keep an eye out for updates.

Offline R_O23

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 16, 2008, 02:12:18 AM
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
a yo i downloaded it but everytime i play with the screenpack on mugen it lags like the music lags the voices lag the music too can u help me fix this problem tell me wat should i do

check out my myspace click on the the website

Offline Draco

• GFX Artist
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 02:12:48 PM »
I_Burner, thanks for that comment man, i really appreciate a comment like that.

i understand what you are saying about the portraits, the truth is that was going to add something like big screens as background to show the portraits but i decided to better add them to the lifebars, i was going to make some lifebars like the ones showed in this video:

and use custom portraits. but i was busy and stuff so i canceled them and F.R.3.3.D.O.M is the one who is making this new lifebars for the screenpack. but if anytime i decide to get back making them i will make a second complete relase for this screenpack. about the others, that thingy with the life is not a real problem, i just wanted to them to be like that to keep the battle more exciting, you know, is about 5% to 10% of life not represented in the bars but anyway thanks for the comment too.

@ R_O23, i dont know what i can help you with man, the music or any of the sounds suppose to be laggy thats why i added all sounds in ogg format and added good plugins, the screenpack works great for me and i havent had a complaint about that so far. maybe its your computer, you know mugen needs a lot of space on the hard disk to run appropriately and it needs a lot of memory too. try making space in your hard disk or prove it in another computer to see if that is whats wrong

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
@.Danger.Ous.: That all makes sense now  :). It's really only portraits that are cropped in really close or don't have a transparent background that look a little weird. I'd already decided that I would just make some custom portraits for my chars if bugs me enough.

@R_O23: Yeah, sounds like you'll need to do some optimizing on both your MUGEN and your comp to improve performance. You might consider making a thread in the Help section to get some tips on how to tweak things.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal