collapse

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4 - Official Discussion Thread  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4 - Official Discussion Thread
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »
I'm I the only one who thinks this game is WAY over-rated. Seriously, I know it's fun and all, BUT IT IS NOT a 10/10. I don't see why people love it so much.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 06:24:49 PM »
I'm I the only one who thinks this game is WAY over-rated. Seriously, I know it's fun and all, BUT IT IS NOT a 10/10. I don't see why people love it so much.

hey u just might be, I mean I don't even have the game or the system to play it on but knows this game looks really really really sick

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2008, 09:52:33 AM »
are u kidding me. This game is a 10 out of 10 by far. First of all is the best one out of the gta series whose games were 10 out of 10 mostly so why doesnt it seserve a 10 out of 10. This one so much more fun. I mean others games like ocarina of time got a 10 out of 10 and to tell u the truth it was good but it was boring as crap cuz the boss fights were so easy i didnt even get hit even in the master sword hard mode. Seriously how does it not deserve a 10

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2008, 10:59:45 AM »
I say 11 stars. It's just so detailed plus the freedom to do as you please; watch TV, surf the web, go the the stripclub  :-[

Anyone else give it to codes yet? The helicopter code is the best.

-"aPoC."

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2008, 12:51:25 AM »
I have only used 1 code.. and that was because I was in dire need of a motorcycle.. because I crashed and was skidding too far.. plus no cars were around.. but that's the only one I used..

I would definitely give this game a 100/10!! WOOT!

Oh, and I know this is kind of a spoiler (so don't read if you want to), but Pegerino (or w/e his name is) is working with Dimitri at some point (after around 60% of the game is completed)... You have a choice of getting revenge on Dimitri over cash.. don't make the dumbest mistake I did... get revenge on Dimitri.. you'll regret taking the cash.. trust me..

Oh, and multiplayer is real fun.. I'm just sad that it's not like where you go online in games like Call of Duty.. you can't really play with anyone.. only your friends.. so.. stock up on a lot of friends if you want to play in multiplayer...

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2008, 07:15:44 AM »
well lets start adding each other as friends on here cuz i dont have any friends on the ps3 at all and i could really use some

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »
There is a gamertag topic in this section... and I'm not seeing too many Gamertag's in there... put yours in there, so I can add you and we can do some major damage in GTA IV.. Party Mode!! YAY!!

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2008, 05:28:04 PM »
i will on the days im not playing brawl. plus i never did online so what is a game tag???

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2008, 09:37:03 PM »
Gamertag = XBOX Live account...

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:33 PM »
im on ps3

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »
Xbox360 here ----->> Gamertag: aPoCaLyPsE42069

Added Atice last night. Feel free to add me, I need GTA friends.

-"aPoC."

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 03:10:45 PM »
i went into an ally lol and did the helicopter cheat then the helicopter appeared stuck the building. The tail of the copter was sticking so i tried jumping at it and it let me grab on and the whole copter flew out the wall and blew up with me on it lol. It almost killed me. Another time i did the nrg900 cheat to get that fast bike but when it appeared it was floating in mid air. I jumped up a ledge and grabbed on to it but it wouldnt come down. I dropped and shot at it and the bike fell on me and killed me.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 01:13:21 AM »
lol.. I did almost the same thing with the bike.. It stuck into a pole in front of a hospital.. and I took a picture.. lmao..

yeah, multi-player is fun, too.. Although, I have not played it for a few days, because no one will try adding me on the 360...  :(

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 01:22:45 PM »
if i had a 360 i would. I been sick so online at a computer or game is out of the question. I jus use my phone to talk on here. I got ps3 and i dont know where or how to get ppl added.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2008, 05:25:08 AM »
I don't have the game so can anybody tell me how it differs from GTA:SA, besides the graphics.
Does it have the weight system, and dress system like in GTA:SA?

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2008, 07:27:20 AM »
I don't have the game either...
But a friend of mine have it and the most easy thing to spot on this game is the realism on the game.

No more bulletproof guy, no more cool weapons (Gattling gun, flamethrower and others...) Just a rocket launcher with max capacity of 8 shots.

No amazing vehicles like tank to name an example...

That's some stuff they have changed on this game.

Oh...
And also.
Is a new and fresh start on the series so...

GTA III, VC and SA events never happened on this new plot.

Does it have the weight system, and dress system like in GTA:SA?

As far as I know for the first one...
No.

Don't know or haven't asked anything about clothes change on this game to my friend.
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2008, 09:51:20 AM »
No weight system (I think that was a weird system anyways.. but it was more realistic).. actually Niko looks kind of heavy in this game after having him try on some jackets.. I was like... wtf.. d@m... lol.

You still can't knock over a tree, but you can surely still knock over a pole...  ~X(

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2008, 03:30:28 AM »
No weight system (I think that was a weird system anyways.. but it was more realistic).. actually Niko looks kind of heavy in this game after having him try on some jackets.. I was like... wtf.. d@m... lol.

You still can't knock over a tree, but you can surely still knock over a pole...  ~X(
Yeah, I just got the game today and it is OMG. At first I was having trouble with the new game engine, because I've been so used to the typical engine used in the ps2 GTA games that I memorized it. Lol, the first time I used a gun, I got shot down. I like the fighting system A LOT better though, like the typical punches, and then the option to kick the opponent in the nads. Also, I like how you can just run into stores without loading screens. The graphics are probably some of the best, the only thing I don't like is how dark it is. Like some times it's so dark I can't see a thing. I like the new collision detection though, like if you knock down a street light, the light will fall off and well you get the picture. Also Another cool thing is, you can just hold up somebody in a car, and they will either try to speed up, or let you have the vehicle. I remembered one time, I crashed up a car pretty bad, and I was having trouble starting it. I thought the engine died on me entirely until 2 minutes later. Another thing I like is the GPS tracking system.

The game is just very realistic and sweet . Although the swimming isn't as in depth as it was in GTA:SA, but it's good that you can swim. The amount of detail put into the game was awesome. 
I'm glad they but the song "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks in.  ;D BTW I have the ps3 version, so if anybody wants to play me online, just pm me.
My gamertag is evilmajikman
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 03:37:49 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
d@m..... why ps3... why????? Well.. the good news for you is that they made a patch of some sort for the ps3 version.. It automatically downloads when you load the game... so I guess that's good.. but it's still not as great as the XBOX 360 version!! Using XBOX Live with the game is SWEEET!

People need to start adding me on XBOX Live, because I've already beaten the game.. and there's not much to do afterwards except to do all of the achievements.... woho....   (:|
I want to multi-play!!

My gamertag name is the same as this one....... ATICE...  ;D
So.. start adding me people...

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 05:33:28 PM »

Yeah, I just got the game today and it is OMG. At first I was having trouble with the new game engine, because I've been so used to the typical engine used in the ps2 GTA games that I memorized it. Lol, the first time I used a gun, I got shot down. I like the fighting system A LOT better though, like the typical punches, and then the option to kick the opponent in the nads. Also, I like how you can just run into stores without loading screens. The graphics are probably some of the best, the only thing I don't like is how dark it is. Like some times it's so dark I can't see a thing. I like the new collision detection though, like if you knock down a street light, the light will fall off and well you get the picture. Also Another cool thing is, you can just hold up somebody in a car, and they will either try to speed up, or let you have the vehicle. I remembered one time, I crashed up a car pretty bad, and I was having trouble starting it. I thought the engine died on me entirely until 2 minutes later. Another thing I like is the GPS tracking system.

The game is just very realistic and sweet . Although the swimming isn't as in depth as it was in GTA:SA, but it's good that you can swim. The amount of detail put into the game was awesome. 
I'm glad they but the song "Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks in.  ;D BTW I have the ps3 version, so if anybody wants to play me online, just pm me.
My gamertag is evilmajikman
i hear you vkm i brought my ps3 up here to day so no brawling for me. ill be on some gta4 stuff. so ill add you....i dont have a gamertag yet but when i get one today ill let you know whatsup and we can get thing crackin lol and for any of you other ps3 owners out there with this game pm me your gamertags please so i can add you all. ok im on vkm and im bout to add you
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 06:59:38 PM by donaldb22 »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2008, 10:52:25 PM »
sorry to double post guys but i just got done playing gta online lol and i tricked ppl lol. i would get a car then honk my horn like i wanted them to ride with me and then id drive into the water but diove out so that id be on land and they would end up in the water helpless and then id shoot them b4 they made it back lol :DxDie some ppl didnt trust me so i ahd to take them around and kill some other ppl b4  i turned on then lol. i one time crashed into a wall right after i helped someone kill a guy and i dove out so they died and i lived >:D. so gta=dta (dont trust anybody) and the age old rule your parents tell you....dont get in the car with strangers lol. this one guy who i did it to tried to do the same to me but i swam to shore and he swam and got a boat so i dived on the boat and shot at someone else then when he thought i was all cool i shot him and took the boat. it was awesome. another thing i did was in all the gunfights i used only my knife lol and i killed someone who had a rocket launcher. i had to dodge and jump over the rockets lol and then i went to work on him when i got close to him with that knife. man its so addicting

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2008, 02:54:38 AM »
d@m..... why ps3... why????? Well.. the good news for you is that they made a patch of some sort for the ps3 version.. It automatically downloads when you load the game... so I guess that's good.. but it's still not as great as the XBOX 360 version!! Using XBOX Live with the game is SWEEET!

People need to start adding me on XBOX Live, because I've already beaten the game.. and there's not much to do afterwards except to do all of the achievements.... woho....   (:|
I want to multi-play!!

My gamertag name is the same as this one....... ATICE...  ;D
So.. start adding me people...
The reason I got the ps3 version is simply because I hate xbox live. I think Bill Gates should have his nails ripped out for making people pay to play all games online.
I bought a subscription for several months last year, and only used it for a week. If you're somebody as busy as I am, you're not going to have time to use up all of a 3 month subscription. You're probably not even going to have enough time to play for a 1 month subscription if you're as busy as I am. So I'm not going to pay for online services, which I'm not getting my money worth. I just wait around until I see trials for Gold, that's the way I've been doing it up until now, and it seems to be pretty cost effective so far.

The one thing I really hate about GTA4 is, how dark everything is.
I've failed a mission 4 times because the person I was stalking kept walking in these pitch black areas where I couldn't see a damn thing. I mean, I wish they would just give me a flashlight or night vision goggles, it's ridiculous, oh and this happened during day time, so most of Liberty City is at it's darkest, even during sunny days. The high beams on cars help, but if your on your feet, then you're screwed.

My favorite weapon in the game is the pump action shotgun. I get no more joy then being in a gunfight, acting like the terminator, and running up through a place killing every enemy in the vicinity.

sorry to double post guys but i just got done playing gta online lol and i tricked ppl lol. i would get a car then honk my horn like i wanted them to ride with me and then id drive into the water but diove out so that id be on land and they would end up in the water helpless and then id shoot them b4 they made it back lol :DxDie some ppl didnt trust me so i ahd to take them around and kill some other ppl b4  i turned on then lol. i one time crashed into a wall right after i helped someone kill a guy and i dove out so they died and i lived >:D. so gta=dta (dont trust anybody) and the age old rule your parents tell you....dont get in the car with strangers lol. this one guy who i did it to tried to do the same to me but i swam to shore and he swam and got a boat so i dived on the boat and shot at someone else then when he thought i was all cool i shot him and took the boat. it was awesome. another thing i did was in all the gunfights i used only my knife lol and i killed someone who had a rocket launcher. i had to dodge and jump over the rockets lol and then i went to work on him when i got close to him with that knife. man its so addicting

That sounds good. I'm still playing story mode so I can unlock the other islands.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2008, 03:16:28 AM »
If you go to start, and go to display.. you can increase the brightness and contrast so you can see better... plus.. that's one of the main thing's I hate about ps3.. the screen is so much darker when using the ps3 system..

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2008, 03:29:38 AM »
If you go to start, and go to display.. you can increase the brightness and contrast so you can see better... plus.. that's one of the main thing's I hate about ps3.. the screen is so much darker when using the ps3 system..
Actually, I saw a video on gametrailers comparing the two, and I really couldn't tell the difference. Gametrailers comparisons use the same tv, same contrast and everything, so I'm sure it's not just the ps3 version.

Edit: I increased the brightness and contrast just as you said, and it works perfectly. I've gotten a bit further in the game so I'm now in Manhattan.  ;D

Also how do you get gloves? I've seen some pictures where he's wearing gloves, but I haven't found any at the clothes shops. If Rockstar makes a series with GTA4 like they did with GTA3, I hope a lot of things from GTA3:SA return, such as hair cuts, underwater swimming, a lot of weapons. I like the new targetting system, it reminds me a little bit of Resident Evil 4, except with the ability to lock on to targets.

@donaldb22: How do you get a knife? I haven't found any blunt objects in the entire game except for a baseball bat.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:09:18 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »
i fought somebody and got it

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar