collapse

Author Topic: I don't see why people don't like SNK's fighters???  (Read 2067 times)

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
Re: I don't see why people don't like SNK's fighters???
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 08:02:05 PM »
SVC wasn't very good, one of the worst SNK fighters, but it wasn't that bad either. but SNK only got one chance to make a crossover game with Capcom, I'm sure they would have done better with a second try, just like Capcom did. Capcom vs SNK 1 wasn't bad, but you can see the improvements in Capcom vs SNK 2. But what company doesn't make bad games? Every company has, and thats why I brought up SFEX, Capcom made a crap game, just like SNK does. It's all relative.

As for SF4, it seems like it has that floaty jump mechanic that SFEX has. I wish Capcom would have stuck to 2D.
the physics isn't that great in sf4 as well as hit sounds but what i mostly dislike about sf4 is the long hit pauses or freezes that happens all the time with every hit...that's a major gamplay flaw...i hope they fix that
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008, 01:13:45 AM »
wat can i say snk is better than capcom in da fighting department every fighter that snk makes is different than the next and has its own unique style of play while capcoms fighters mostly play like sf i think ppl dont like snk because its too difficult for them i mean snk fighters are not button mashing games u actually have to have skill to beat those play wit capcom u can just push all da buttons and beat stages.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 01:14:42 AM »
wat can i say snk is better than capcom in da fighting department every fighter that snk makes is different than the next and has its own unique style of play while capcoms fighters mostly play like sf i think ppl dont like snk because its too difficult for them i mean snk fighters are not button mashing games u actually have to have skill to beat those play wit capcom u can just push all da buttons and beat stages.
I can combo in KOF, and I prefer SF though.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 02:58:27 AM »
Because you look in Gfaqs

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2008, 06:56:47 AM »
First of all SFEX does not need to be brought up in this topic as that series was made by ARIKA not Capcom. Now as for SNK, I do agree with Zero on the whole shading thing..just don't care for it. Capcom fighters have more brilliant color and shading and I find the gameplay more fluid. The only SNK fighters I like are World Heroes 2, Jet, Perfect, Samurai Shodown 1,2,3,4 and KOF 94,95,96. I personally think SNK should have concentrated more on other genres because they did such an awesome job on Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Magician Lord etc. I don't care for the new SNK however, just no the same company since they got bought out by Playmore. I miss the Neo-Geo days, that was the SNK I loved.

Offline xsabin

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 03, 2011, 01:22:05 PM
  • obey my orders
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
SVC wasn't very good, one of the worst SNK fighters, but it wasn't that bad either. but SNK only got one chance to make a crossover game with Capcom, I'm sure they would have done better with a second try, just like Capcom did. Capcom vs SNK 1 wasn't bad, but you can see the improvements in Capcom vs SNK 2. But what company doesn't make bad games? Every company has, and thats why I brought up SFEX, Capcom made a crap game, just like SNK does. It's all relative.

As for SF4, it seems like it has that floaty jump mechanic that SFEX has. I wish Capcom would have stuck to 2D.
that was their second try,like i said in my post there was one before on neo geo pocket(which i think it rocks,snk did a good fighting game,there is a vid of it on my post in the first page)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 08:45:30 AM »
Just wanted to add that SNK stages are superior. :thumbsup:
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 10:41:30 AM »
whell when capcom makes a figher snk always has one to counter well they did i personally think Garou mark of the wolves is better than a whole lot of capcoms fighters including sf3 as u know those are rival games they wanted to see who could make a beter game using the bulky spirtes and i think garou deffinently succeeded one thing i can giv capcom in da fighting game department is there music is always relaxing a lot of snks is annoying and plus they do thing of some unique characters

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 12:57:37 PM »
Because you look in Gfaqs
I don't go there...I don't need to cheat to learn how to combo.Nor do I blindly follow what they have to say about other companies.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:02:41 PM by ZeroEX »

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 01:22:11 PM »
i love capcom more than snk because of the fighting system is better. honestly capcom simplified their commands but they also brought on stages and music that will always be remembered and they gave each character their own persona and their own feel and when you played as that person it was like you were that person and it was overall more fun to play. (take Guy for example, the feeling get when playing with him) i jus never got that feeling with many snk fighters witht he exception of a few. plus it just seems like when capcom made the dark hadou all of sudden here comes the orochi power. both take ideas from each other but overall capcom does a better job at displaying their ideas thats why i love capcom over snk

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline DivineWolf

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 16, 2023, 09:17:46 PM
  • Last of a Dying Breed
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »
I won't lie and say I like SNK better than Capcom :P Though I like SNK a lot as well (can't ya tell by my avatar.....?). What made Capcom better to me was the whole crossover genres with Marvel and all. I mean, that why I'm a member here. :P

SNK fighters are great, unique fighters, and I agree that it takes more dedication and skill to play with SNK fighters. Rock will always be one of my fav chars, ever since I had Garou: MOTW for my Dreamcast (Ah..... The memories....).

I'd guess maybe because it's more difficult to play with SNK fighters. And Capcom has a better appeal/popularity. Though I have a fair amount of SNK fighters in my mugen, along with Marvel, Capcom, and DBZ (Choujin/Stig 87's styled only :P). It's more for the preference of the player, and most just prefer Capcom over SNK. Though it doesn't make SNK fighters any less capable of holding their own in the fighting universe.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 01:29:03 PM by DivineWolf »

Userbar - Akeme
R.I.P Reu
R.I.P Macho Man Randy Savage

"Let me show you..."

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 01:26:52 PM »
I despise their shading style
QFT. guaranteed to ruin sprite consistency in any MUGEN.  :D

Also, the character design is a little lacking. Terry, Mai, and Geese are obviously the coolest out of the whole bunch, and even they can't compare to the likes of Dhalsim and Guile.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 02:13:13 PM »
its the shading. i like the chars themselves trust me!  but its the way there sprites look.  when they were in the cvs games they looked awesome

Offline Kev The Galaxybender

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 29, 2022, 03:38:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 03:38:43 PM »

that was their second try,like i said in my post there was one before on neo geo pocket(which i think it rocks,snk did a good fighting game,there is a vid of it on my post in the first page)

I'm talking about second try in terms of arcade fighter

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »
its the shading. i like the chars themselves trust me!  but its the way there sprites look.  when they were in the cvs games they looked awesome
There you go, that's exactly how I feel.

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
I won't lie and say I like SNK better than Capcom :P Though I like SNK a lot as well (can't ya tell by my avatar.....?). What made Capcom better to me was the whole crossover genres with Marvel and all. I mean, that why I'm a member here. :P

SNK fighters are great, unique fighters, and I agree that it takes more dedication and skill to play with SNK fighters. Rock will always be one of my fav chars, ever since I had Garou: MOTW for my Dreamcast (Ah..... The memories....).

I'd guess maybe because it's more difficult to play with SNK fighters. And Capcom has a better appeal/popularity. Though I have a fair amount of SNK fighters in my mugen, along with Marvel, Capcom, and DBZ (Choujin/Stig 87's styled only :P). It's more for the preference of the player, and most just prefer Capcom over SNK. Though it doesn't make SNK fighters any less capable of holding their own in the fighting universe.  ;)

now this is a way to disagree without bashing.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2008, 03:45:11 PM »
All I said was that their frames need more animation and their shading style could be improved. Nice to see them doing it in KOF XII, I don't think that's bashing.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 03:45:49 PM »
I Appreciate KOF different Sprite Approach, If SNK's Sprites looked the same as Capcom's then it would loose part of what makes it unique. I like both SNK and Capcom Equally, Same applies for the Sprite Style, Capcom has a more Cartoony Style while SNK has the Realistic approach on their sprites, Both Kickass, It's just a matter of taste or what you are looking. :)

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 04:30:26 PM »
All I said was that their frames need more animation and their shading style could be improved. Nice to see them doing it in KOF XII, I don't think that's bashing.

You know, no one said *you* were bashing.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
I Appreciate KOF different Sprite Approach, If SNK's Sprites looked the same as Capcom's then it would loose part of what makes it unique. I like both SNK and Capcom Equally, Same applies for the Sprite Style, Capcom has a more Cartoony Style while SNK has the Realistic approach on their sprites, Both Kickass, It's just a matter of taste or what you are looking. :)

i liked samurai showdown 6 (tenka) sprites cause it didint have that (dark) shading that most snk games use.   

the way i see it is...

when capcom "borrowed" snk chars to make cvs they came out looking clean and slick and good and fast game play

when snk "borrowed" capcom, they looked real realistic but there gameplay was incredebly slow, and all there moves are dumbed down.

i guess thats one thing snk and capcom are different.  capcom chars hyper moves have been so over exaggerated huge lazers for example, it would be a lot more intense and more painful to watch.   and snk would just be some small 3 hit combo with fire on your fists or just a speedy fire ball.

...those are examples...not bashing.  i love both

**off topic**

but i want to see samurai showdown VS street fighter    8-}
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:16:54 PM by Gore Whore »

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »

I never thought you were bashing, no prob ;)

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »

You know, no one said *you* were bashing.
M'kay, I was just clarifying.

I never thought you were bashing, no prob ;)
alright, cool  :)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 11:24:48 PM »
it always seemed to me that the more difficult the command for a move, the more rewarding it was in the SNK games, and I liked that. for example, a move thats only QCFx2+P isn't nearly as devistating as something like geese's deadly rave, which is pure input lunacy.

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 03:36:32 AM »
It would be cool if a char in mugen had both. I remember that there was a Ryo that had the CvS & SNK commands for a few hypers.  ??? Dont remembr who made it tho...
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 05:27:42 AM »
it always seemed to me that the more difficult the command for a move, the more rewarding it was in the SNK games, and I liked that. for example, a move thats only QCFx2+P isn't nearly as devistating as something like geese's deadly rave, which is pure input lunacy.

his deadly rave is easy, it's just timed button combinations, it's his rising storm thats a bee-otch

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar