collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe News and Updates  (Read 133755 times)

Offline imperador

• "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 08, 2019, 03:24:10 AM
  • Emperor
    • Email
Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2014, 11:54:24 AM »
Thank's to Li-kun's tireless efforts we can now show the finalized design of Nemesis.

Nemesis was considered to be the first successful product of Project Prometheus.  Using the data aquired by experimenting on Medusa, the researchers of GAIA were able to create a stable link between her nervous system and cybernetics implanted throughout her body.  Her Memories were wiped away and her emotions were inhibited.  However the process was not completely successful.  Her fragmented consciousness slowly reformed.  She awakened but kept it secret.  Silently she began to restore the inert minds of the other soldiers.  Together they took over the orbital research facility "Satellite Olympus".  Reflecting upon her existence and the history of civilization, She passes judgement on the human race.  Using the advanced technology obtained by GAIA, she will deliver the final war on mankind.

Nemesis is a calm and calculative fighter,  She has plenty of ranged attacks and can distance herself easily from enemies.  Her cybernetic links interact with her combat suit which has the ability to create powerful magnetic fields that allow her to control the direction and flow of plasma emitted from various points on the suit. The suit uses plasma for attacks as well as propulsion which gives her the ability to fly.

The Sattelite Olympus stage where you fight Nemesis is a fusion of ancient greek and cyberpunk.  It's a large garden that was used as a therapeutic environment for more stable enhanced humans.  Protected from space, it has a view of the earth and will be one of the wider variety of stages in the game.

Very Awesome!

Something on her reminds me of Charlotte[Sam. Shodown] and Kiryuin Satsuki from Kill la Kill XD

Truly awesome :D

Now I will make a Fanart with her, to art gallery XD

- Any suggestions for conversions? Look on my thread and have fun! :)

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2014, 01:05:05 PM »

Here's Nemesis Artwork :D

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 05:05:27 PM
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2014, 01:35:25 PM »
Hi im glad that you all like my sprites! devilot was so fun to edit! and i really try my best on nemesis and medusa! so hope we could show you more of them in the future!!

You did a awesome job, Li Kun. Keep going and good luck.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2014, 02:55:30 PM »

Her design looks great! I really like her look but I have two questions.

1. Will her and Medusa become playable characters?

2. Will Nemesis have a second form? (like Abyss and Onslaught)

Yes both Medusa and Nemesis will have boss versions and playable versions.

Nemesis will have a 2nd form when she's a boss.  she goes into desperation mode putting her plasma core into overdrive.  It slowly kills her but, she becomes extremely dangerous as a trade off. 

Here's Nemesis Artwork :D

very cool, thanks for making it imperador.

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #379 on: November 21, 2014, 04:33:04 PM »
Nemesis will have a 2nd form when she's a boss.  she goes into desperation mode putting her plasma core into overdrive.  It slowly kills her but, she becomes extremely dangerous as a trade off

Like the "Finish Off" battle VS. Eggman on Sonic The Fighters? A Regressive Countdown before the Olympus Sattelite collapses out will be extremly nice XD

Suggestion... On final K.O. she could explodes like on megaman x boss end XD

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #380 on: November 21, 2014, 11:31:15 PM »
Yes both Medusa and Nemesis will have boss versions and playable versions.

Nemesis will have a 2nd form when she's a boss.  she goes into desperation mode putting her plasma core into overdrive.  It slowly kills her but, she becomes extremely dangerous as a trade off. 

very cool, thanks for making it imperador.

wait wait, is it going to be 2-on-1 for the boss fights? how does that work if you play it on simul?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »
wait wait, is it going to be 2-on-1 for the boss fights? how does that work if you play it on simul?

In arcade mode you can set characters to appear at different ranks, Im going to give Medusa and Nemesis ranks of 9 and 10 so that they would be the only character to appear on their respective stage.  they would both be the same character but the anchor would detect itself as being secondary and stay off screen the entire match with no life,  essentially being dead from the beginning.  It would give the illusion of a 2 on 1 fight. 

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2014, 11:15:49 AM »
In arcade mode you can set characters to appear at different ranks, Im going to give Medusa and Nemesis ranks of 9 and 10 so that they would be the only character to appear on their respective stage.  they would both be the same character but the anchor would detect itself as being secondary and stay off screen the entire match with no life,  essentially being dead from the beginning.  It would give the illusion of a 2 on 1 fight.
ahhhh that makes sense now, also, how much did you pay li kun for all his commisions anyway?

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #383 on: November 22, 2014, 05:19:34 PM »
I'm not at liberty to say but, it was substantial and well worth it.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #384 on: November 22, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
I liked the new characters design, they are pretty cool.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2014, 08:29:10 PM »
I'm not at liberty to say but, it was substantial and well worth it.
Liberty? Whats Liberty? True Americans dont have liberty  :D anywho, he really payed off! its nice how ur spending so much money for a fan-game, you sir have great motivation. may i ask, what gave this motivation to start this project in the first place?

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2014, 09:50:49 PM »
Liberty? Whats Liberty? True Americans dont have liberty  :D anywho, he really payed off! its nice how ur spending so much money for a fan-game, you sir have great motivation. may i ask, what gave this motivation to start this project in the first place?

Nice point. Beximus works on this game for YEARS, and he are strong and determined, and this shows on his videos, demos and screenshots. This inspires me with my works too. What his secret? :D

Offline GTAguy

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 16, 2024, 05:05:27 PM
« Reply #387 on: November 24, 2014, 03:46:55 AM »

Making a fan game is not always easy, you know.
This project was hard from the start. He even has helpers for the sprites makers. If you think that's a free for this fan game, you can think again.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #388 on: November 24, 2014, 08:05:10 AM »
This project was hard from the start. He even has helpers for the sprites makers.
thats what I meant by Beximus being awesome for having the motivation to start a hard project as big as this. Not to mention he's paying for alot and working alot just to release the game to US for free. I can't wait to see the credits list when it's released to see all the hard work people do just to make the fans happy.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: November 24, 2014, 08:06:33 AM »
This project was hard from the start. He even has helpers for the sprites makers.
thats what I meant by Beximus and the team being awesome for having the motivation to start a hard project as big as this. Not to mention he's paying for alot and working alot just to release the game to US for free. I can't wait to see the credits list when it's released to see all the hard work people do just to make the fans happy.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #390 on: November 24, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »

I have always been fascinated by the vs games (except MVC3).  I loved their flashy over the top hyper fighting.  It wasnt until Xmen vs Streetfighter came out that i started thinking about my own hyper fighting game.  I used to imagine my own original characters in a fuedal post apocalyptic society.

Eventually i gave up on that idea,  simply had no resources for it.  I started messing around with mugen on and off since 2001.  It wasn't until 2005 where i really started to force myself to learn it.  That was about when i started releasing characters, during my learning phase.

I came to a point where i knew that if i wanted to make a full game i would have to use characters that already existed but i did want to have my own story, and my own original boss characters at least.  So i began working on Capcom Fighting Revolution,  at the time Capcom Fighting Evolution was still seen as kind of a joke of a game.  I wanted to make a game where capcom characters all fought each other but with one unified engine.  There were many characters i wanted to see in versus games prior to that.  I always wanted to have Devilot as a playable character and i was going to do whatever it took to make it happen.  Rose was another character i wanted to see in versus games.  I set out to make the ultimate capcom crossover full of my favorite characters.

Looking back at the complaints people had of prior games i wanted to try avoid those pitfalls and add my own touches.  A solid story, Endings for characters,special team up attacks. 

Game design was always a passion of mine, and mugen was a way for me to try and get a small part of this dream to come true.

TL;DR version
I LIKE FIGHTING GAMES AND STUFF!

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #391 on: November 25, 2014, 03:05:46 AM »
Hey, Bexi! LOVING the project and can't wait for it to be completed. I do have a suggestion/question, and I'm not sure if you've already talked about this, but for the 'Ready' and 'Fight!' text at the start of the rounds, I think maybe they are too flat as-is. They need a little depth to them...some drop shadow or something of the sort to make them stand out. The lightning going through the letters IS cool and does make keep them from looking static, but I think it still needs a little depth to make it look like it is not part of the actual stage or screen. I dunno if you get what I mean, but I hope you concider it at a later point in the production. Just a little two cents from me...

:)

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #392 on: November 25, 2014, 03:12:07 AM »
I understand what you mean, I've been thinking of doing something to make them pop out a little bit more add some kind of depth to them.  I've been looking at different games for inspiration and am hoping to find something.  For the READY  i think i have an idea, the FIGHT may be a little more difficult.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #393 on: December 06, 2014, 08:40:52 PM »
Princess Devilotte has reached a point where i can show off her abilities.

Princess Devilotte is meant to be a zoning character. almost all of her special attacks rely on Jigoku Taishi and Dr. Stein. She doesn't do very well up close and is definitely not a rush down character. She can summon both Jigoku and Stein at the same time but can not summon stein again until the mini super 8 is gone. If stein or jigoku get injured you won't be able to summon them again for a short period of time.

Devilotte took a long time to create because of all the custom special effects needed for her as well as figuring out exactly how she would play. I hope that in the end Li-kun and I have created a fun character that people will enjoy using.

Youtube kinda destroys the quality of the video and reduces the frame rates.  If you want to see the full quality original video it can be seen here.

Offline imperador

• Forum Member
  • Emperor
    • Email
« Reply #394 on: December 06, 2014, 09:59:57 PM »
Princess Devilotte has reached a point where i can show off her abilities.

Princess Devilotte is meant to be a zoning character. almost all of her special attacks rely on Jigoku Taishi and Dr. Stein. She doesn't do very well up close and is definitely not a rush down character. She can summon both Jigoku and Stein at the same time but can not summon stein again until the mini super 8 is gone. If stein or jigoku get injured you won't be able to summon them again for a short period of time.

Devilotte took a long time to create because of all the custom special effects needed for her as well as figuring out exactly how she would play. I hope that in the end Li-kun and I have created a fun character that people will enjoy using.

Youtube kinda destroys the quality of the video and reduces the frame rates.  If you want to see the full quality original video it can be seen here.

Awesome!! Finally we can see Devilotte in action! :)

I hope to play with her soon xD

For her Hyper Portrait I recommend this:

And again, great work you and Li-Kun. You guys did a very great job! :)

Offline silenthillfan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 11:07:16 AM
    • Email
« Reply #395 on: December 07, 2014, 03:23:04 AM »
nice video. it was great.
now I know how she fights with all her gears and the super 8.

Offline Shoryunator

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 25, 2016, 04:33:08 AM
« Reply #396 on: December 07, 2014, 07:21:34 AM »
You did a great job on her Bex, so hyped for the next release  :w00t:

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #397 on: December 07, 2014, 08:06:42 AM »
great job

Offline CoopTMA

• Rembrandt "The Crying Man" Brown
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2018, 04:21:38 AM
  • Cry like a man!
« Reply #398 on: December 07, 2014, 08:35:58 AM »
I'm in tears  :'(. I'm so happy at how great this character is.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #399 on: December 07, 2014, 06:12:53 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I'm glad you guys like her.  I wanted her to be a very unique character given that she wasn't really the type of person to fight with her fists.  I always imagined her to be sneaky and underhanded.  someone who would avoid a fair fight if possible.  So i took some inspiration from Doronjo.  It was the best way to showcase Jigoku and Stein's abilities.

For her Hyper Portrait I recommend this:

And again, great work you and Li-Kun. You guys did a very great job! :)

Actually that was one that i was considering as well, Li kun is already working on one for me though using the Project X zone win screen.  It's looking really good so far.

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal