collapse

Author Topic: Portrait Discussion  (Read 26230 times)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 03:43:19 PM
  • The trend setter
Re: Portrait Discussion
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
The area near her nose is off-color. Might want to fix that :)
The area near her nose is off-color. Might want to fix that :)
Thanx check it now its fixed.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Oil Man

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2012, 11:52:21 AM
« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
Very nice portraits, Rage!  :thumbsup:

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »
Thanx

I approve, you're doing great with these, Rage :thumbsup:

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
Me thinks Guts Man needs a bit less egg-shaped helm and smaller gem and Rush don't have his tongue split in two on the end :P Other then that - perfect, especially Quick Man :thumbsup:
And Roll of course is better with nose then without, she needs to breathe somehow ;*))
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2012, 03:36:41 PM »
I approve, you're doing great with these, Rage :thumbsup:
Very nice portraits, Rage!  :thumbsup:
Thanx Guys. Ill do a (Oil man one unless your doing it) Once you made it a little farther along with him.

Me thinks Guts Man needs a bit less egg-shaped helm and smaller gem and Rush don't have his tongue split in two on the end :P Other then that - perfect, especially Quick Man :thumbsup:
And Roll of course is better with nose then without, she needs to breathe somehow ;*))

Rush - The tongue isnt spit but it looked boring round so i split it. Im not changing it back. Your more then welcome to change it.

Guts - Same thing as rush i fallowed the official art for him. Do a shadow comparison its spot on. Thats the size and shape of everything except the gem.  So sorry but guts is an egg head. Im not changing it. Your more then welcome to change it. Thanx for the observations nothing against you. I dont want to spend more time one these.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:51:18 PM by Rage »

Offline Oil Man

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 05, 2012, 11:52:21 AM
« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
Thanx Guys. Ill do a (Oil man one unless your doing it) Once you made it a little farther along with him.

I'm not good for portraits, and you have talent: I don't see a problem with that  :thumbsup:
Is there a precise date for the release of the game? I can work fast and good, but I know nothing about code.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2012, 04:14:35 PM »
I'm not good for portraits, and you have talent: I don't see a problem with that  :thumbsup:
Is there a precise date for the release of the game? I can work fast and good, but I know nothing about code.
DONT RUSH!!!! take your time. The Quality of your character will be better. there is no release date yet. also there are going to be multiple releases and maybe dlc. (lol tho all of mugen is dlc.) So even if your not in the first release you'll be featured in time. Also a certain number and certain characters are in the first release. i believe for story purposes. Dont quote me on that.  So tho my Axl is still being coded he wouldn't be in the first release if he as completed.

These are the characters that need protraits:

Helmetless Megaman ( i thought there was one out there somewhere)
Pharaoh man (Needs reworking) (is he even being worked anymore?)
Burst man
Tengu man
Tron
Mettonger Z
Oil man
Search Man
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:23:21 PM by Rage »

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:April 13, 2024, 12:18:33 PM
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2012, 03:16:53 AM »
Sorry for being pain in behind :P
I didn't mean him to be not egghead, he really is ;*)) just bit less egghead ;*))
Went fixing his head and that's what happened:

Hope you don't mind. Edited helm shape, gem size and speck on it, made ears face-colored as on other arts, searched for his eye color and found out that it's black(yet it's blue on most arts) so made eyes bit bluish black and added speck. Also added speck on chest gem so it's not flat round, but spherical and changed a bit tone of his helm and shoulders. :-??

P.S. behold of combined efforts of Rage and ExeLord!!! >:D
---
And Rush:

It's far superior to mine, but tongue needed to be fixed :P that's just not how tongues are :P
Also edited eyes and messed with colors.
Hope I didn't offend you, Rage :( You still drawing much better then me ^:)^ those are just small details.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 05:02:57 AM by ExeLord »
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »
The new ones look great but oddly high-res in shading. You're tracing at high-resolution then shrinking and cleaning the outer contours, I think... So either you'd have to update al of the old ones to this shading, or actually sprite over the new ones to make them have the right feel.

They're pretty cool though. Guts is perfect. Quickman doesn't look very good, kind of has derpface. It's the position of his pupils and nose.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2012, 11:52:30 AM »

Those are great, you're hired!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »
That Guts port is MILES better than the last port (no offense to whoever made it)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
Those are great, you're hired!
<_<|...|

That Guts port is MILES better than the last port (no offense to whoever made it)
thanx i think.....

The new ones look great but oddly high-res in shading. You're tracing at high-resolution then shrinking and cleaning the outer contours, I think... So either you'd have to update al of the old ones to this shading, or actually sprite over the new ones to make them have the right feel.

They're pretty cool though. Guts is perfect. Quickman doesn't look very good, kind of has derpface. It's the position of his pupils and nose.

Maybe I should try that way...

The Shading is high res. I no this. All of these looked ok with the old except Quick man. Its because he's red. Which would require more work to set it on the same level. Rush and Guts i used off shads of there normal colors from the ORIGINAL art to tone done the High res look and leaving them looking extra clean. But that concept was thrown out when the contrasts was dump.....

I didn't mean him to be not egghead, he really is ;*)) just bit less egghead ;*))
Went fixing his head and that's what happened:

Hope you don't mind. Edited helm shape, gem size and speck on it, made ears face-colored as on other arts, searched for his eye color and found out that it's black(yet it's blue on most arts) so made eyes bit bluish black and added speck. Also added speck on chest gem so it's not flat round, but spherical and changed a bit tone of his helm and shoulders. :-??

P.S. behold of combined efforts of Rage and ExeLord!!! >:D
---
And Rush:

It's far superior to mine, but tongue needed to be fixed :P that's just not how tongues are :P
Also edited eyes and messed with colors.
Hope I didn't offend you, Rage :( You still drawing much better then me ^:)^ those are just small details.

Guts great jog on the eyes, nice resizing of the gem. The highlights you you replace on the gems i dont really see the point. they were fine. Same with they light on his head. The arms i understand the reason for changing. The color was chosen for a reason tho. To try and tone down the contrast between Guts and the other pics that are low res. IDK i that red vs red orange look.

Rush. The only thing i care for is the Eyes and tongue. The tongue you did the split from the base. where as i did it from the tip on the rounded one which is probably why i didnt like it. wish i thought of that. As for the color. As said all colors for everything i didnt was draw from the concept art of these characters. The color of rush i say is ruined. Ill splice to edit with the original in the future sometime.

Well these 4 i did in high res how to people feel when they are set side by side with the originals? personal with the contrast changes made above all to well except Quick man.

if there is too much contrast ill find a different way of making these.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 05, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »
Well these 4 i did in high res how to people feel when they are set side by side with the originals? personal with the contrast changes made above all to well except Quick man.

if there is too much contrast ill find a different way of making these.

I think these can work. Honestly, the way I see it, no one else is working on MvC style Megaman portraits. You, Fou, and ExeLord are the only ones I've seen make an effort. As long as they look good, and you are all working on them, they will work. :w00t:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »
Sorry about to other message.  I was in a hurry. What I was saying is basically....I think they look good with mega man.  After looking at gutz in a different screen it looks awesome. The only thing I'll do is change the highlights on his gem and Helmut. 
I think these can work. Honestly, the way I see it, no one else is working on MvC style Megaman portraits. You, Fou, and ExeLord are the only ones I've seen make an effort. As long as they look good, and you are all working on them, they will work. :w00t:
yeah but there got to be a unified look....

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
yeah but there got to be a unified look....

That's true. I mean, as long as they look good, if no one else is doing it, I think they work. They have a sort of unified look as it is. And even if they didn't, no one can complain. Perfection doesn't exist. :thumbsup:

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »
That's true. I mean, as long as they look good, if no one else is doing it, I think they work. They have a sort of unified look as it is. And even if they didn't, no one can complain. Perfection doesn't exist. :thumbsup:
^^(PM)^ that's what I'm always preaching. Perfection is the enemy of excellence. There no such thing as perfection. Thanks for bring that thought to my mind. Let them hate. If they don't like it they can get off there butts and do it them self.

Offline Afterthought

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »
^^(PM)^ that's what I'm always preaching. Perfection is the enemy of excellence. There no such thing as perfection. Thanks for bring that thought to my mind. Let them hate. If they don't like it they can get off there butts and do it them self.

Thank you! Someone who understands me so perfectly!  :D :D :D
If I didn't know better, I'd say you're a version of me from an alternate universe... lol

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2012, 04:35:07 AM »
Glad you two hugged it out, all the same doesn't solve the problem. The art style is fine, but Rock on the right there is clearly sprited, while the ports on the left are clearly vector drawn. At 1:1, it'll look okay. Blown up fullscreen in the final game, it'll be noticeable.

You want to say "nothing can be perfect" then that's fine, but having a disparity like that is far from 'excellence' either. Now, since you're going with the hi-res screenpack stuff in mugen 1.0, you should probably just update the other portraits. Wouldn't take long for you to draw over them like you did these, and I'm sure the results would look just as nice.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2012, 10:26:57 AM »
Glad you two hugged it out, all the same doesn't solve the problem. The art style is fine, but Rock on the right there is clearly sprited, while the ports on the left are clearly vector drawn. At 1:1, it'll look okay. Blown up fullscreen in the final game, it'll be noticeable.

You want to say "nothing can be perfect" then that's fine, but having a disparity like that is far from 'excellence' either. Now, since you're going with the hi-res screenpack stuff in mugen 1.0, you should probably just update the other portraits. Wouldn't take long for you to draw over them like you did these, and I'm sure the results would look just as nice.
well im not doing that cause it would require changing more then just megaman.

maybe i dont know what im doing but here  it is at 32x25 with hd pixel ratio. i think megs holds up pretty well. I can see the difference but its not a eye sore. Thats way bigger then any of the computer monitors. lol thats close to my tv is size.

Well if the general consensus doenst like them ill stop. Other wise this is what you will get.  Someone else can update the others. its a lot of them too. This is my current style. Its a lot  quicker and precise to draw but a pain in the rear.  Or convert these to sprites if you want. But if that occurs finish the rest of the characters cause im done then. there are still some to be done and other wip in the works that may make it to the stage where there inclusion in the game is certain so be prepared to make those too.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:39:04 AM by Rage »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2012, 07:03:51 PM »
I like what your doing with the portraits rage. I think that they look like the same style as the Capcom Megaman and Roll ones to me.
If anything Megaman and Roll are the only Capcom made ones, if there is something that is that different about it them that I'm not seeing maybe the 2 capcom ones would be the ones to modify / update to mach everything else Rage has done.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #270 on: July 14, 2012, 08:26:10 PM »
The debate is pixel vs vector. everything but the 4 or 5 recent ones are pixel. Its said everything should be the same. I do agree with that notion but Im not turning these 5 or 4 to pixel. nor am i updating the other twenty to vector. I switched to vector cause its quick and more precise. I like pixel better but its too time consuming for me. I got too many projects and rl so im doing the quick and pretty way. I only took up DOING ALL OF THE REMAINING AND FUTURE portraits cause i felt that we worked hard on them and it be a shame not to use them. Also i was REALLY pushing hard for there inclusion. So i felt it was my responsibility to see these finished. If someone want to volunteer to update the other 20+ to vector cool beans. ill keep doing what I do. Also I have no problem with someone editing these to pixel. If they feel that strongly tho then they need to finish the project. I done if that happens cause im not doing pixels. It'll lighten my load so i can focus on wip more. 

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
  • Last Login:November 17, 2023, 10:24:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »
i was about to come here and say im tired of MVC half face styled portraits but, after seeing this topic, damn, and how roll is cute...please keep the good work!
You can Now support my creations at Patreon
Get exclusive rewards when you donate.
https://www.patreon.com/Xfields

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
i was about to come here and say im tired of MVC half face styled portraits but, after seeing this topic, damn, and how roll is cute...please keep the good work!
Thanx

This guy was fun to do

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2012, 08:22:26 PM »
Yeah i know i double posted. Add that to the list of things i say or do that off put people  @^@

Anyways Did crapcom make a portrait for Tron? Well any way I FINALLY made it to a point where im happy with this. It was one of the easiest to draw just TOOK 6 hours to do. I couldnt decide on a face. I used the picture that laspacho posted as a template. the face however was unusable. so i sent 4 hour + tying to find one i liked. In the end i  did this shocked face.  I do have this with a blank face if some else wants to change here expression. 
(click to show/hide)

3 Pics left;

Helmetless Megaman
Burst man
Mettonger Z

Pharaoh man (Needs reworking) (is he even being worked anymore?)
Oil man (Waiting to see major updates)
Search Man (Waiting to see major updates)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:30:18 PM by Rage »

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »
This lok really cool.  :thumbsup:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal