collapse

Author Topic: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project (Shock Project revived!)  (Read 58207 times)

Offline Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 29, 2022, 01:16:29 AM
    • Skype - Shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project (Shock Project revived!)
« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2014, 11:08:21 PM »
New one by Sky79, this time for Tiki~ To avoid any NSFW issues here (which I'm sure someone will go with the Lilith Treatment with her later...it's bound to happen), I decided that the ears would be best to go with. When taken out of context of what Jedah does, it's...kinda hilarious in hindsight, as cruel as that sounds. x_x;;

As always, looking for people to help out on this, as well as (especially) for the Tiki Project. See first post for more details on that~ ^^

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2014, 11:35:38 PM »
haha cool  :O*D
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2014, 12:27:39 AM »
A couple new Midnight Blisses! Both done by Ryoga_RG~

Angel by Juke Kisaragi:

Hotaru Futaba by Juke Kisaragi:

Both are FANTASTIC Midnight Blisses! Angel's is really great just for the pun on her name alone, but Hotaru's (which was a request and challenge by me) is also really eyecatching. I wasn't expecting hers to be as great as it is, and it turned out wonderfully~ Hope to see more from Ryoga!

Soon, I'll have to release another pack I think. It's getting close to that time yet again! I need to update my site with GIFs and images as well...ugh...

Still waiting on Jed to finish the Tiki Midnight Bliss animation! C'mon Jed! You can do it! Don't let someone else steal your job!

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: February 24, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
Thought I'd share this, as someone decided to do Grizela's Sangue=Passare (for free!). Granted it...has some issues, but thought I'd share:

Original Stand Sprite:

It's a noble attempt, I'll give him that. It's just lacking heavily in the detail department (also, very surprised he didn't go the Lilith Treatment with her! And also very pleased, as the project could use some variety with Sangues. Ruchecha is the better one for the Lilith Treatment anyways!). If anyone feels like finishing this, go for it! Twould help the project out quite a bit! Plus consider it a challenge to ya'll!

It does feel like it's missing two frames though between the first 2 frames and first blow-up frames though no? I do like how the tail looks shiny the bigger it gets though!

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #279 on: February 24, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
 :O*D

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: February 25, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
Today, from this point on, this thread will be trying to focus on doing one character at a time. The reasoning behind this is as follows:

1) Due to how long it takes for each pack to be released, which appears to be once or twice a year
2) The shear amount of characters in each pack seems to be far too many at once
3) It is just simpler to focus on one character at a time, and may make it easier for others who wish to join in on the project to pick up and help on said character

Whether this kicks off or not, that's up in the air. This was originally started with the Tiki Project, for those of you who recall that, where I was having spriters (mostly Sky79 in this case) doing sprites for UJI's Tiki (what got done were a Stung and Sangue=Passare sprite, with a Midnight Bliss still in the works by Jed). Granted, it's still about the same kind of work as the project's already been, but it's much more focused (and much more liable to get more done on a single character). It can even be expanded to add in other custom states that have not been done for the project per say (such as Burn, Freeze, Stone, etc.), in addition to hopefully finding spriters willing to help on the project more (also need more Shock spriters as well).

However, I will hold a poll on this, to see what the community also thinks of this idea. So please vote for which format you all would prefer: The way the project currently is (aka do whatever characters and release packs as they've been released) or the suggested format (aka focus on one character at a time and then release that character's sprites after they are done)

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: February 25, 2014, 09:11:03 PM »
For those curious, aside from Tiki (whom I still would like to focus on as much as possible, but that requires a lot of custom spriting), the next character to be focused on will be Fanatail/Teaf's Grizela:

Link: http://fanatail.michikusa.jp/mugen.html
Image:

So yeah, the standard Midnight Bliss, Shock, and Sangue=Passare sprites are needed here. Additional ones such as Freeze, Burn, Cheese KO, etc. would be great to have as well~

For those curious, yes she is a dragon (much like how Tiki is, but Griz here is much more...visible I guess?). Sky did come up with a nice idea for a Midnight Bliss, being that of a "Dragon Queen". I like the idea myself~

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2014, 12:14:07 AM »
Well, here's a host of sprites for Grizela, done by Sky79. Once a Midnight Bliss, Sangue=Passare, and/or both are done for her, I'll release this pack with her in it, and then go with the suggested format thereafter. That way, that pack can be released finally instead of having us wait forever for it.

(click to show/hide)

They're all unique, I'll give him that. Now it's a matter of will they work properly in the character. I'm sure he's taken that into account when making these. He generally does~ So yeah! If anyone can help with the remaining three states (Midnight Bliss, Shock, Sangue=Passare), that'll help this out (or any other custom states). Or, I can release Grizela's sprites as a separate pack, and go release the current sprites now? Which do you guys prefer?

(Current vote is 5 for current and 4 for suggested! Wow...didn't realize it was gonna be THIS close!)

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2014, 12:43:03 AM »
I like the one with the ear growth, I thought it was kinda cutesy. Indeed it reminds me of Lilith's Bliss, except yeah, till you remember the soul eating bit. :P

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2014, 01:16:15 PM »
@Manic: Yeah, I really liked Tiki's quite a lot myself. Also, no soul eating at all...just exploding from too much blood. ^^;;

Frozen redone. Looks much more like a Frozen sprite!:

In addition, Rei's Grab sprite done by Sky79 as well~

Seems she'll also be getting a "Dragon Queen" Midnight Bliss as well~ ^^

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2014, 05:35:15 PM »
And a surprise by Sky79, a shock for Grizela! Definitely his best one yet, though there's still some issues here and there.

(If need be, I can probably slow down the animation some. The spritesheet doesn't include the other 2 frames shown in the GIF).

If anyone wants to attempt to fix it up, or attempt anything else, go for it! ^^

I'm seriously considering just releasing Grizela's stuff separately at this point. I'm still going to let the poll run until next Saturday though to see what the majority votes for before releasing anything however. If you haven't voted yet, go do it! It'll help out!

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:05 AM »
And Midnight Bliss for Grizela, done by Sky79! And one that I am really impressed by! It's far better than the one she has currently, that much is for sure! For those curious, this is meant to be a "Dragon Queen". Seeing as Grizela is a dragon and all.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »
I think I'll cut off votes here. Votes are 6 to 8, in favor of the suggested format, so we'll go with that. I'll release Grizela as a separate pack once all of her stuff is completed, and release the Midnight Bliss & Shock Pack #10 later today.

In other news, is there any character that YOU guys would like to see next? I'll give you guys a few days to come up with some suggestions (if no suggestions are made, then I'll probably come up with something with Sky otherwise).

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:13 PM »
And Sangue=Passare animation for Grizela, done by Sky79! Updated and finished version of the beta done by Anon:

And with that, that should be everything for Grizela, unless anyone else would like to add more custom states for her? There's quite a few others out there that could be done for her! I'll give it some time before I release the sprite pack for her for everyone to use~

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2014, 07:33:04 PM »
great work

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: March 18, 2014, 04:17:33 PM »
Update to the original shock sprite that Sky did by Aionios. Later, I'll combine both sprites into one spritesheet. That way, it'll have both the FX of the original with the update of the new one.

So yeah, apologies to Sky79 if I offended him at all by letting Aionios update the shock.

In other news, I'm not sure how Sky managed to get any of Grizela's sprites that he's done to work with the character herself. I tried with these shock sprites, but I cannot get them to properly insert at all. Can anyone give me a hand with this problem?

Grizela can be found here: http://fanatail.michikusa.jp/mugen.html

The rest of the sprites can be found in earlier posts. If anyone can help with getting ALL of the sprites properly working (Sky did send me his version that had all of the current sprites working outside of the updated Shock. Still baffled as to how he did so), that'd be great. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, if there's a palette issue (I know that the white in the character is shared by the background itself is a problem, but that didn't seem to affect the sprites Sky put in...), or what. So yeah! ^^;;

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2014, 08:06:37 PM »
Alright, serious talk time guys. As you know, this project has been around for what...5 years? 6 years? And how much have I honestly contributed to it myself? Maybe 1 year's worth at that, in the first year? And then one shock sprite and a drain animation that someone else set up for me? So the question is simply this: Should this project be kept open when the creator himself doesn't even do anything for it and has everyone else that works on the project do the sprites for him? Should it be left open for everyone else to throw things in if they want? I honestly don't know what to do with this project now myself, and I doubt that I myself will actually ever contribute to the project again like I did in the first year of its lifespan. I just don't have the passion for art-related stuff like I once did, and I just don't have the time to put into MUGEN stuff at all due to my constant Let's Plays and RPG Maker game. I'd like to keep having stuff done for it, but I don't want to force anyone to work on the project and feel used and abused...

So yeah...there's that. What do you guys suggest? Just let me hear it straight and clear...

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #292 on: April 11, 2014, 04:16:21 AM »
So, here's something I did (not for the project per say...sadly): I decided to look up some images for what could be potential Midnight Blisses for Pokemon that are in MUGEN right now. Yup....that's it. You can agree or disagree with the choices here, but eh! Hopefully this'll motivate someone into trying these for those already in MUGEN? ^^;;

(click to show/hide)

So yeah! If you guys wanna try to sprite these for any of the Pokemon, go for it! It'll be interesting to see what ya'll come up with~

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #293 on: April 11, 2014, 07:57:07 AM »
WOW nice work there sir.

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #294 on: April 18, 2014, 03:52:48 AM »
To pass the time, here's a little something I just stumbled across on Pixiv, this being a Midnight Bliss for Yoshitora. Maybe someone will be interested in giving this a shot, eh?

(click to show/hide)

EDIT - Some more for those interested~

(click to show/hide)

This one's for Balthazar and Cybaster :v

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:31:58 AM by Xenomic »

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2014, 11:31:25 PM »
Some more stuff, coming your way~ These will be included in the next release as well.

(click to show/hide)

In addition to all of this, a belated birthday gift from Aionios to me, a shock for Topper's Jean Grey!

Also, one must wonder what a Midnight Bliss would look like for the Smash ladies (Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, and Samus)? Hmmmm....

Offline Topper

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 11, 2023, 12:40:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: April 24, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »
Nice shock for Jean!  :thumbsup:

Do you can make sprites Midnight Bliss, I cant wait soon... :)

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #297 on: April 24, 2014, 04:34:51 PM »
I don't have anyone to do that anymore sadly. She does need a better Midnight Bliss than that though. @_@;

Offline Topper

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 11, 2023, 12:40:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: April 24, 2014, 04:50:10 PM »
I don't have anyone to do that anymore sadly. She does need a better Midnight Bliss than that though. @_@;
ok good

Offline Xenomic

• Infinity Regular
    • Xenomic's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #299 on: May 04, 2014, 09:30:29 PM »
Sangue Passare spritesheet for Scharlachrot from Arcana Heart, done by Darkburster1. Special little request to see how well he can handle it, and I think he does this rather well. May need cleaned up a bit to make sure the colors are correct, but overall not bad! He also attempted a shock animation, though it needs updated a lot more sadly. Perhaps with more practice and time he can get better at it though!

Expect more from the guy~ The following are going to be done by him:

Ingrid - Lilith Treatment
Mai KOF XIII - Lilith Treatment (however THAT'S gonna work) or belly
Ibuki - Feet
Sakura - Lilith Treatment
Angel (KOF) - Belly

Hey, at least it's not ALL Lilith Treatments, right?! ^^;; Also, if anyone is willing to see if this works with the current Scharlachrot in MUGEN (man, that name is so hard to type and remember!), please do...I have yet to test this with her, and I don't know (once again) if it'll need cleaned up palette wise or not. If anyone can help with that and clean it up/make sure it's cleaned up, that'd be fantastic T-T

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[Today at 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar