collapse

Author Topic: Power Girl = wip 1%  (Read 8053 times)

Offline andersontavars

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 02, 2020, 04:38:49 PM
    • RdF - paodeacuca
Re: Power Girl = wip 1%
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 01:01:18 AM »
Eclipse was saying to Z666 edit  :D

Ops, sorry  <_<|...|

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 08:41:11 AM »
Ah sorry didn't realized the question was for me ^^
Hum no, only used andersontavars power girl stance that was posted at the end of page 2 for reference and redraw starting from here (since the goal was showing ways to improve his edits, not to change them).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:06:07 AM by Z666 »

Offline Eddmug

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2011, 06:55:27 PM
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 02:00:14 AM »
just who r some of the sprite regulars if u dnt mind me askin

Offline criok

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 25, 2010, 10:39:24 AM
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »
 :o god progress....
very godd.  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ =D> =D> =D> =D> :)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2009, 07:10:40 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but things like this are why people need to learn to edit before they start 'WIPs.'

You're lacking fundamentals in animation, shading, and even general details of the character's appearance - were you to 'finish' and then try to 'make it look better' you'd be talking a complete overhaul of every sprite. It'd take less time to do things proper in the first place.

This isn't a dig man, but what you've got isn't PG. Z's edit is a great deal closer; study that, make a few single frame edits in a more appropriate style, and try a nice smooth animation for something simple like a jab - then you can start claiming she's a WIP. Hopefully, you'll learn to walk before you try to run.

Good luck.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2009, 01:55:26 AM »
Don't take this the wrong way, but things like this are why people need to learn to edit before they start 'WIPs.'

You're lacking fundamentals in animation, shading, and even general details of the character's appearance - were you to 'finish' and then try to 'make it look better' you'd be talking a complete overhaul of every sprite. It'd take less time to do things proper in the first place.

This isn't a dig man, but what you've got isn't PG. Z's edit is a great deal closer; study that, make a few single frame edits in a more appropriate style, and try a nice smooth animation for something simple like a jab - then you can start claiming she's a WIP. Hopefully, you'll learn to walk before you try to run.

Good luck.

Some people enjoy trying.

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2009, 06:55:24 AM »
Some people enjoy trying.

I agree completely. Everyone should try to a sprite edit or two, before they up and WIP something and ultimately get nowhere fast. Learning to edit is a lot of fun. Glad we're on the same page.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2009, 11:18:45 PM »

Good luck.

WTF????

lol ANC there are no rules to wipin, anderson go nuts man, the more you practice the better you get (not just in mugen).

ANC instead of constantly  being a critic show us your 'smooth animations' and maybe some more examples of 'appropriate style', practice and share what you preach.

btw that was not a dig man, hope you dont take it the wrong way.

good luck anderson!
 :O*D %%-

Offline andersontavars

• Initiate
    • RdF - paodeacuca
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2009, 01:56:39 AM »
WTF????

lol ANC there are no rules to wipin, anderson go nuts man, the more you practice the better you get (not just in mugen).

ANC instead of constantly  being a critic show us your 'smooth animations' and maybe some more examples of 'appropriate style', practice and share what you preach.

btw that was not a dig man, hope you dont take it the wrong way.

good luck anderson!
 :O*D %%-

Well I'm back as my beloved Power Girl. I am reviewing some sprints, This is the new base. Thanks for recent posts, were that they encouraged me to resume this work. this new base was based on the post of our friend Z999, he posted an edit that I liked very much. Soon the new friends.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2009, 08:50:29 AM »
She's looking much better  :thumbsup:

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2009, 08:57:12 AM »
Definitely looking better. Love the head especially, real purty. =P~

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2009, 12:42:29 PM »
The new design is a big step in the right direction. You might want to reference some comics for her hair, boots, and face, but overall, pretty sharp.

As far as designs go, we tear each other down alot at the unlimited to reach a better design. Often, you're not gonna hit a perfect design on the first try. What really helps is merging - taking a few versions and reaching something that's both more wip-able and accurate.

Here's an example with my old take on Karen against a concurrent one with elements worked in from Taskmaster0 and AngelEcks:

The second version corrected the shading a bit, fixed the piping on her costume, and gave her a more realistic bottom base for potential WIPing. We improved from there, although Peej is always one that we never got going full-steam on. Note that Capcom shading is top-lit, with great contrast between the lightest and darkest shades, but gradual contrast in the middles.

As far as animations go, three frames in which you've cut and pasted body parts shifting don't animate well. Try to either meet or exceed the number of frames Capcom uses. Here's Flash's jab. It's an easy example, modeled over cyclops. The torso and legs were redrawn over the originals, but the basic movement is borrowed.

A more elaborate example is this crouching MP for Aaron Stack. He's a bit of a secret side project of mine, but since you asked so politely to see examples of my work, let's take a look:

This one was more along the lines of Acey's excellent scratched animations tutorial. I borrowed a non-animated chainsaw from eco-warriors, and modified Nero Chao's crouching parry frame into a full animation. Nero isn't perfectly capcom shaded himself, so I tweaked the contrast in the colors on his jacket, and drew in a custom torso more fitting to Capcom style. Top lighting is key - even for scratch stuff, you can use a popular base like Cyke or Cable to see what the shading should look like.

Anyway, always happy to help a new spriter like yourself, Super_Joker. Good luck!

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

Offline andersontavars

• Initiate
    • RdF - paodeacuca
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2009, 01:29:57 AM »
The new design is a big step in the right direction. You might want to reference some comics for her hair, boots, and face, but overall, pretty sharp.

As far as designs go, we tear each other down alot at the unlimited to reach a better design. Often, you're not gonna hit a perfect design on the first try. What really helps is merging - taking a few versions and reaching something that's both more wip-able and accurate.

Here's an example with my old take on Karen against a concurrent one with elements worked in from Taskmaster0 and AngelEcks:

The second version corrected the shading a bit, fixed the piping on her costume, and gave her a more realistic bottom base for potential WIPing. We improved from there, although Peej is always one that we never got going full-steam on. Note that Capcom shading is top-lit, with great contrast between the lightest and darkest shades, but gradual contrast in the middles.

As far as animations go, three frames in which you've cut and pasted body parts shifting don't animate well. Try to either meet or exceed the number of frames Capcom uses. Here's Flash's jab. It's an easy example, modeled over cyclops. The torso and legs were redrawn over the originals, but the basic movement is borrowed.

A more elaborate example is this crouching MP for Aaron Stack. He's a bit of a secret side project of mine, but since you asked so politely to see examples of my work, let's take a look:

This one was more along the lines of Acey's excellent scratched animations tutorial. I borrowed a non-animated chainsaw from eco-warriors, and modified Nero Chao's crouching parry frame into a full animation. Nero isn't perfectly capcom shaded himself, so I tweaked the contrast in the colors on his jacket, and drew in a custom torso more fitting to Capcom style. Top lighting is key - even for scratch stuff, you can use a popular base like Cyke or Cable to see what the shading should look like.

Anyway, always happy to help a new spriter like yourself, Super_Joker. Good luck!

Great edits friend, one day come to perfection, but with time, while I appreciate the help of all, this is a gif of the group 100. See you soon.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2009, 08:14:24 PM »
thanks ANC

very talented work, the sprites i have trouble with are those transition sprites that make the object or limb seem like a flash movement.

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »
Hey nice improvement Andersontavars, glad to see you didn't give up on her.
Keep it up and i'm sure that she'll continu to look better and better ^^

Offline andersontavars

• Initiate
    • RdF - paodeacuca
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2009, 11:32:04 AM »
Hey nice improvement Andersontavars, glad to see you didn't give up on her.
Keep it up and i'm sure that she'll continu to look better and better ^^

Hello friends, seeing the face of the final Powergirl, look the hair, It was good? See you soon! :)

Post Merge: July 08, 2009, 10:44:32 AM
thanks ANC

very talented work, the sprites i have trouble with are those transition sprites that make the object or limb seem like a flash movement.

This is a new walk for back

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:44:32 AM by andersontavars »

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 10:47:42 AM »
ok cool, but the right arm looks differrent

Offline andersontavars

• Initiate
    • RdF - paodeacuca
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »
ok cool, but the right arm looks differrent

Ty for coment friend, this a new image:

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 27, 2015, 06:40:10 PM
  • Did I say that I cared?
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »
I back to check on you IMT folks. I like your progress on powergirl so far.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline daraku

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 05, 2022, 04:37:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2009, 04:58:15 PM »
Ty for coment friend, this a new image:

Wow the sprite now are beautiful...but try to change a bit the skin tone

Offline andersontavars

• Initiate
    • RdF - paodeacuca
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »
Nice edit very good... ^^

Ty for all coments, this is a little up, the face, this teh group of the beam hyper!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal