collapse

Author Topic: Qestions about resolution settings and keyboard settings  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Fazan

• Last Login:June 10, 2010, 10:16:25 AM
Qestions about resolution settings and keyboard settings
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
I am completely lost at this point. I read the Game Manual for Super Marvel vs. Capcom and for the life of me I still can't figure out how to change resolution. I'm using a 16x10 screen and the whole game is seriously stretched sideways. I have my nVidia Control Panel set to use a fixed aspect ratio, but that doesn't seem to help matters any. In fact, it kind of squeezes things vertically, making the screen even narrower. The Manual did list changing resolutions and disabling Stretching as solutions to various problems, but I can't find any option to do this. The game's options menu doesn't list any resolution settings, and while I assume that's a setting for Mugen somewhere, I can't find where that would be.

I tried searching for "resolution" here, but all I get is:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I get this every time, thus preventing me from searching, and I wouldn't know where to begin in a forum this big. I tried the places I thought it would be obvious, but I didn't find it here or on the Mugen boards, so I'm utterly lost...

---

One additional question I wanted to ask was about keyboard settings. I remember back in the day the old MAME had an options setting that allowed me to choose between two keyboard modes. I don't remember what they were called (soft keys, I think), but they basically made doing half circles easier but two-button combinations harder. I haven't seen this option in MAME recently, as I believe the programme assumes it on, but I was wondering if such a thing exists either in Mugen in general or in Super Marvel vs. Capcom in particular. I find it very hard to pull off half circle here even when not under attack, and wanted to know if there's something I could do about it. I suspect I'm not hitting one of the diagonals in my haste.

On that note, is it possible to bind multiple keys on the same basic command? Say, have multiple buttons for the same punch? I already know it's possible to bind the same key to multiple functions, but the options screen doesn't seem to let me bind more than one key per function.

I apologise if this has been explained before. I looked for the answers, but I honestly didn't know where to look.

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 01:44:24 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Qestions about resolution settings and keyboard settings
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 08:00:29 PM »
Open the mugen.cfg in the data directory.
Look for this and change it to your desired resolution.

[Video Win]
 ;Enter the width and height of the resolution you want to set here.
 ;The optimal resolution is 320x240, but if your video card has problems
 ;You may want to try 320x240
Width  = 640
Height = 480

Never heard of any setting to make the keys work like you described.

%%-

Offline Fazan

• Last Login:June 10, 2010, 10:16:25 AM
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 10:16:25 AM »
Thank you. I found the resolution settings, and I found a "stretch" setting there, too, which I disabled. Seems to run just perfect now :)

As far as keyboard settings go, it just seems that half circles are a bit hard to pull off. Luckily, someone seems to have had good sense when designing this, and almost no character moves require half circles. I don't know if that's how Marvel vs. Capcom 2 works, but either way, I LOVE IT! :)

If I may go on a slight tangent here, one of the things that always kills fighting games for me is when moves are hard to just pull off. I'm much sooner moves were easy to do so I had to know WHEN to do them, rather than just their button combos being the major hurdle. Moves are easy to do here, and I love it :)

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 11:55:15 AM »
Half circles are nothin'. It's the 360's you want to look out for...

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 05:11:57 PM »
Half circles are nothin'. It's the 360's you want to look out for...

All 360s are officially only 180s as of 6.1 for every character who would have it (Zangief, Haggar, T. Hawk, Hulk, etc...) because getting a good 360 off on a keyboard in crazy near impossible, although Mugen is perfectly compatible with any usb game controller.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 [20]
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal