collapse

Author Topic: SMvC: EoH Version 6.1 Bug Thread  (Read 23265 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
SMvC: EoH Version 6.1 Bug Thread
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
Ok, here is the thread to report bug and general fixes with the EoH game. Feel free to light up this board. It can only make the game better.

Click here for the Game Release Thread

Remember, any palettes (even the default) not being the color you want is not a bug. Feel free to voice your feeling about it though.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 02:24:27 PM by Acey »

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
Re: Super Marvel vs Capcom - Eternity of Heroes Version 6.1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
Umm I ran into some errors and I though mind as will post them.

Charlie's shadow floats to the sky sometimes
in one of Charlie special the background stays
Ms.Marvel got stuck once when I hit her with Gambit's cards
One of Spiderman winning pose just kept walking and nothing happens

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:55:10 PM »

Don't Marrow do that sometimes too?

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:25:39 PM »
I just past the game as storm and when the credits came out it said characters, then the name of the stages came out with the creator. Then stages, music, and con.

Offline atomicbuster

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 17, 2016, 01:08:45 PM
  • Sanguif es el jefe aqui!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:17:46 PM »
Since you lost the posts from the last 3 days, and I haven't seen a Bug Report thread, I'll repost what I said 2 days ago. Move it if necessary.

Ken - If you tap repeatedly his standing attacks (ex. MK, MK, MK, MK) only the first frames come out, not the actual attack. The attack doesn't come out until you stop pressing it and the frames are allowed to continue.

Blanka - The ticks for his normal attacks seem misproportioned, making them seem slow. His crouch HP has strange knockdown properties. His df+HP can combo for 20 hits. His diagonal rolls have odd trajectories. His hypers are not very effective.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
Re: SMvC: EoH Version 6.1 Bug Thread
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »
The game crashes whenever I picked or about to face off with captain america

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »
Charlie's shadow floats to the sky sometimes

I have been unable to douplicate these bugs, if you get any more details on when they happen let me know.

* Fixed Ken's multi-non attacks, also messed with his combos and made his fireball hit opponents directly in front of him.
* Fixed Blanka's DF, HP Infinite attack. Also, I have recieved a few complaints that Blank feels slow, since he actually is slower in his attack animation than many others on the roster, just get in those quick first light hits and the combos will follow, regardless of speed.
*Fixing Captian America's crash created by the hyper background fix from release 6.0 bug report.

These ones listed above intrigued me so I jumped on them now.

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 07:53:37 PM »
Charlie was not the only one that this has happen with. It happen with sabretooth and onslaught. For charlie it was the first time a played arcade I was psylocke he use one of his special(not sure which one) the background wouldn't change then all of a sudden his shadow when threw the ground and floated away. Sabre and onslaught both happen on survival mode. Onslaught was two against two and sab was teams of 4.

Another bug I went in to was with Anakaris, he made ryu make clones. It happen when he use his Coffin Rain bow special.
This also happen when I fought dan and a team match.

I don't think this is a bug but ryu ai is really annoying.
'
And for the spiderman thing, I was playing as him and I defeated someone they were both by the edge of the right screen and he just started walking like he was trying to get to a spot.

Edited: I just ran into three other problems.

1.Omega Red does not do any damage on team arcade.
2.Gambit's Royal Flash could be done on air, then sometimes he get stuck in the ground
3.When Huitzil is beaten sometimes he gets bizaar and seems like he is jumping or something.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:19:37 PM by ratmon »

Offline lantern48

• All your ring are belong to us.
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2019, 12:05:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 08:30:31 PM »
First off, what a fan-f**k**'tastic game you ALL have made.  ^:)^ I could go on and on about all the wonderful things in this game, but the highest praise I can possibly give is to say this - If SMvC: EoH was a retail release, I'd buy it.
Bravo!  :w00t:

6.1 release thoughts:

1. The bosses were way too hard in the 6.0 release - nice job toning them down, but they perhaps fall a wee-bit too easy now. A very slight notch up in difficulty and they'll be just right.

2. Punisher comes across as quite overpowered. His seemingly endless array of ranged attacks coupled with the speed they can be pulled off and combo'd with, are to me, game breaking.
I beat 6.1 first try with Punisher with no difficulty whatsoever - spamming range attacks cheaped me through most of it. Suggestion: nerf.

3. Shutting the game down has caused a few freeze ups on my PC. Although, I'm not sure if it's related to my security or something else, so I'll see what happens with continued play.

Thank you ALL for a great game!
After I play some more, I'll share some further thoughts if you guys are interested in hearing 'em.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 09:16:22 PM by lantern48 »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
With the release of EoH 6.1, and the sudden deletion of the old bug thread, I've decided to begin my testing anew, starting with Ryu, and working my way down the list.

Ryu: When his LP Hadouken is performed at point-blank range, he can get in a LP afterward without the opponent able to defend it, and then he can continue into chains, combos, etc.

After Launcher: He can chain each of his aerials up to two or three times.

For a LP special, his LP Dragon Punch is way too high. And you know what? The damage of his MP DP is lower, and the damage of his HP DP is lower still. That's just wrong.

Post Merge: June 04, 2010, 10:28:23 PM
Ken: He can chain his C.LP up to 50 times.

He can chain his C.MP up to 42 times.

He can chain his S.MP up to 2 times.

He can chain his S.HP up to 3 times.

He can chain his C.LK up to 10 times.

He can chain his C.MK up to 7 times.

His Close S.MK and his S.HK have too much of a start-up time to used in chains. They need connect with the foe much faster.

By pressing the same kick twice, right another, the first kicks just stops, and the new kick begins immediately after.

After Launcher: He can chain his LP up to 5 times.

MP up to 10.

HP up to 3.

LK up to 5.

MK up to 3.

HK up to 3.

After firing a MP Hadouken at point-blank range, he can connect with a LP, like Ryu and his LP Hadouken.

The damage of his HP Dragon Punch is way too high.

Post Merge: June 04, 2010, 10:35:16 PM
You know, a lot of the bugs I tend to find involve a normal being able to chain itself, sometimes infinitely. Perhaps it would be easier to just go in there and program in specific chains for everyone. That way, they wouldn't be able to do, say, a LP infinite, because their programming wouldn't let them so much as chain a second one.

Post Merge: June 04, 2010, 10:47:35 PM
Akuma: No problems whatsoever. Honestly, Vyn is one heck of a coder. His coding should be the framework for the project. His characters feel...clean. Just one reason for this though, (and just one,) at least in Akuma's case, is that Akuma cannot chain his normals by themselves at all. He can only chain normals into different normals, and that alone takes care of a lot problems.

Post Merge: June 04, 2010, 11:04:03 PM
Evil Ryu: All right, I did find a problem with both Gouki and Evil Ryu, but it's a minor one. They can do their grabs when not close to the opponent, just by pressing F or B+HP. They should only be able to start their throws when close enough to do so, and not otherwise. Other then that, they're both role-models for all of the other characters.

Voilent Ken: He has the old "S.LP while moving forward" infinite. He can punch his foe for as long as he wants.

His Medium and High kicks have the same problem as Ken's, minus the interruptions I talked about earlier.

His launcher takes him too high to do any good raves.

He can do a S.LP after a point-blank MP Hadouken.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:48:23 PM by novasod »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:08 PM »
Yup, fixed Ken only 4 hours before you posted. Man, I'm good. Those are some high numbers though.

Keep em comming, this is some great stuff.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 12:24:23 PM »
Dan: While moving forward, can chain his S.MP up to 10 times. If he has the foe cornered and times the MP right, he can get an infinite.

Can chain C.MP 2 times.

Moving forward, can chain S.HP 3 times.

Can chain C.LK up to 6 times.

Moving forward, can chain S.MK up to 4 times.

Can chain C.MK up to 4 times.

Can chain S.HK up to 2 times.

If you repeatedly mash his S.HK over and over, the foe will be knocked back into the air all the way to the other end of the screen.

No launcher problems.

He can get an infinite with his Gadouken. Just keep using it over and over with the right timing.

His Dragon Punch in genaral does too much damage. It doesn't matter if it's useless as an anti-air. It should do more then the other DP's, yes, but as much damage as it does now. And he's Dan.

His QCF+KK Super does WAY too much damage for a Lv.1 Super. That damage needs to be toned down.

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 12:51:25 PM
Sean: Can chain his S.LP while moving forward up to 9 times, 10 if his foe is cornered.

Can chain C.LP 5 times.

Can chain S.MP 3 times. (Move forward.)

Can chain S.HP 2 times. (Move forward.)

Can chain C.LK 7 times.

Can chain S.HK two times. (Move forward.)

Can chain C.HK two times, though the timing for this is very precise. You won't always get it.

After launcher: Can chain MP three times. Can also chain MK three times.

QCF+PP (Hadou Burst) needs to a lot more damage then it is now. It's current damage count is pitiful for a Lv.1 Super.

F,DF,F+PP (Shoryu Cannon), after the first hit of the move, the opponent can block the rest of the attacks.

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 02:00:17 PM
Sakura: Sakura causes the music to start later then it should. Start a match with someone else, then start one with Sakura, and you'll see the difference.

Her throws can be whiffed like Gouki and Evil Ryu. Air throw too.

She can chain her S.MP up to 7 times. (Moving forward.)

She can chain her C.LK up to 5 times. For light attacks, 4 times should be limit. They shouldn't go over that, and medium and heavy attacks shouldn't be able to chain into themselves at all.

She can chain D+HK up to two times.

After Launcher: Her MP can be chained twice. So can her MK.

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 02:17:34 PM
Just an FYI, the dash effects, exact dash proprieties, dash sounds, jump sounds, and superjumps sound vary from character to character, and someday, they should be unified and be exactly the same for most everyone.

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 02:34:09 PM
Guile: His HP throw does far too much damage for a throw.

He can chain his C.HK twice.

His S.HK doesn't have enough range. When used after a LA-MA chain, the attack doesn't have enough range to continue the rage. Something needs to be done about that.

After Launcher: Stationary MP can be chained 3 times.

Moving MK can be chained 4 times.

His Supers have the MvC2 sound effects. Sort of like music. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 02:55:38 PM
Charlie: He has the ol' "LP Whilst Moving Forward Infinite".

He can chain his C.MP up to 4 times.

Can chain S.HP 3 times.

Can chain S.MK 4 times.

Can chain S.HK 3 times.

Can chain C.HK 3 times.

Either Charlie's damage it too high, or Guile's is too low. I'm not sure which it is.

His Moonsault Kick should be changed to either QCB+K or QCF+K. As it is right now, the command is too hard to pull off.

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 05:55:03 PM
Zangief: His parry may have been removed, but there's still a few problems with him.

After dashing, if you keep the forward button held down, his dash will turn into a run. Considering that his dash can work like a grapple and break defense, having both that and the ability to run ala KOF, both things noone else in EoH can do, is too much. The grapple-dash fits him, but take out the run.

He can't use his Heavy Normals in chains. Not any of them really. He should be able to use them in chains.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:53:57 PM by novasod »

Offline lantern48

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 08:49:14 PM »
Unfortunately for me, shutting down the game causes my computer to freeze up. I'll have to wait till the next release to play it anymore. My computer locking up when I'm done playing, is just too big of an issue to keep 6.1 on my drive.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »
Unfortunately for me, shutting down the game causes my computer to freeze up. I'll have to wait till the next release to play it anymore. My computer locking up when I'm done playing, is just too big of an issue to keep 6.1 on my drive.

Sounds more like a general mugen issue, how are you exiting the software?

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 27, 2024, 11:59:10 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 10:54:05 PM »

I too have weird problems shuting down. the screen flashes like when a program interrupts mugen when its on full screen and then it turn black and stay for a long period of time b4 shutting down. the only way to stop this is the open the task manger and force close mugen. I never had this problem with the other version of EOH

i use the regular close menu option and when its glitching ill right chick on the tab telling it to close b4 i use the task manger.

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 11:26:00 PM »
Haggar: After pressing a button during his special FF grab, he can press a button again, and and he'll stop what he's doing, and perform the newly inputted throw instead. Time this right, and you can essentially double the damage of Haggar's FF grab.

He can chain his C.HK 2 times.

After Launcher: Can chain MK 2 times.

Shouldn't he have both a PPP and KKK spinning clothesline, like Zangief? Because right now, he just has a PPP version.

Shouldn't his Spinning Piledriver animation be able to whiff, like Zangeif? Because right now, he'll only start the move when within range. Just doesn't feel right to me.

Post Merge: June 05, 2010, 11:38:57 PM
Blanka: His Moving J.MP doesn't hit the foe in any case whatsoever.

All 3 of his rolling specials need more speed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 11:49:30 PM by novasod »

Offline lantern48

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »

I use Esc.
I didn't have this problem with the previous version and I'm not having a problem with my regular (EVE screenpack, Rc7 ex plus alpha) version either.

Also, 6.0 loaded quicker.

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 11:57:07 PM »
Sagat: As it turns out, his Tiger Shot (projectile) infinite is still there. You can do them with the right timing. Of course, I play with the speed set at normal, so they might be easier for me.

When close enough, Sagat, when doing F+HP, will do his throw animation even when he's not in proper range. As long as he's close enough to do that, he'll do his throw animation when trying to do Tiger Blows, because they end with 'F'.

Can chain C.LP up to 8 times.

His S.HK does far too much damage for a normal, so the damage count of that move need to be much toned down.

If his Tiger Cannon (QCF+PP) misses, the Super background will still remain until Sagat connects with another Hyper.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 12:21:23 AM
Balrog: Let me just get this off first; where the heck are his specials? All he has are his B~F+P, B~F+K, and what used to be his D~U+P. What happened to his B~DF+P, B~DF+K, and Hold PPP/KKK? I don't miss the B~DF+K (unless it were the SF4 version that was actually a different move,) but the PPP/KKK had it's uses. And the B~DF+P? That dang thing hit low, and as such, allowed Balrog to mix things up, and more. It was an essential part of Balrog's game. Why is it gone? Why are all of those moves gone?

(Now that my mini-rant's over...)

After he does his HP throw, he can follow-up with just about any attack.

He can chain his S.HK (whilst moving forward) up to 6 times.

His dashing punch specials need more damage. (Especially with the lack of them...)

After the first two punches of his QCF+PP, the second hit won't connect with the third. The opponent is able to block the third. All of the punches should be able to link together properly, yet they don't.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 11:33:20 AM
M.Bison: Can chain his S.MP two times.

Can chain his C.HK two times.

In chain combos, his light attacks won't chain into his medium attacks.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 11:53:26 AM
Cammy: Has no backward or forward superjump, only a straight-up superjump, though she can still change direction during it.

After Launcher: Can chain MK two times.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 12:25:11 PM
Dee Jay: When pressing F+HP or F+HK when close enough to his opponent, he'll whiff his throw animation. He won't throw them though, because he's not close enough yet.

Can chain S.LP up to 6 times at least.

Can chain S.MP infinitely with the right timing. (Move forward.)

Can chain S.HP two times.

He can't chain his chain combos into specials and supers.

After doing any Air Slasher (Projectile) at point-blank range, there's enough time for Dee Jay to use certain normal attacks without his foe being able to guard against them.

His Supers do too much damage.

After doing a Mega Air Slasher, (QCF+PP) he can use pretty much any other attack during it, while the foe is getting hit. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if the move didn't so much damage, but even then, I'd sill recommend fixing up that bit.

After his Climax Beat, (QCF+KK) he can get in a Maximum Jackknife. (F,DF,F+K, used to be D~U+K, anti-air.) I don't think he should be able to do that.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 12:45:50 PM
T.Hawk: He has the same 'throw-whiff' problem as Sagat and Dee Jay. Same for his air-grab.

Can chain his C.LP up to 9 times.

After Launcher: Can chain MP up to 3 times.

This is just a suggestion, but you might want to take out his QCB+PP. Why? Well, he already has QCF+KK. Both summon giant birds of fire that fill up the screen, and they're pretty similar in effect, so it's quite redundant to have both. But why take out QCF+KK? Simple. Whereas QCF+PP allows you to at least evade the bird by super-jumping, all you can do with QCF+KK is block. That's why.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 02:52:29 PM
Adon: No real problems, which is kind of surprising. Anyway, the only bug I found is that for whatever reason, for a short time, his Jaguar Kick wouldn't shoot out it's projectiles, though I have no idea what triggered that. It only happened once. Ah well.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 03:12:47 PM
Rolento: His S.LP can be chained up to 5 times. (Moving forward.)

His S.MP can be chained up to 5 times.

His C.LK can be chained up to 5 times.

After a C.HK, he can follow-up with either C.MP, C.LK, C.MK, or C.HK.

His LP, MP, and HP Patriot Twirls can each chain into his S.HP, which is a launcher.

If you position him right, before you do his Tuck n' Roll, (QCF+K) he can prod the foe with S.LP's more then 10 times after the move, though you need proper positioning and timing.

He can chain his Throw Knife/Grenade special at least 4 times.

If his Patriot Finalizer (QCF+KK) get's blocked, Rolento will be stuck in place and unable to do anything, until he gets hit.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 03:14:51 PM
And, I've noticed that LP and LK links vary from character to character. Some can chain them up to 4 times, some can't at all. I recommended just getting rid of self-LP/LK links all together, in order to balance things out. You have 6 attack buttons that can be chained together anyway.

And also, some characters can't chain LK into LP. Just an FYI.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 03:34:34 PM
Poison: She has the "LP Whilst Moving Forward Infinite."

She can chain her Whip Wave (QCF+P, Projectile,) repeatedly, perhaps infinitely.

After a Bison Kick, (QCF+K), she can get in additional attacks.

Her Thunder Whip Super does too much damage.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 03:35:35 PM
Also, throw damage should be better unified too. Some throws do much more damage then others, and vice-versa.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 04:18:37 PM
Ibuki: When she tries to chain a Standing normal twice, the second attack is the Crouching version, except for MP, which is vice-versa; the C.MP automatically chains into her S.MP.

S.MP can't chain into anything after used, and no Medium attack can chain into S.HP.

I'm pretty sure her Tsuiji Goe (F,D,DF+P) is supposed to let you fire off one of her Kunai's during the move, but you can't seems to do that here, which makes the move worthless otherwise, because it just leaves you jumping in to the air unable to attack or defends yourself at all.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 05:01:09 PM
Oro: Has the same self-chaining problem as Ibuki, though there's no case of 'MP Vice-Versa' this time.

Why does he have 6 Supers? Isn't that, you know, a lot?

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 05:01:53 PM
Gill: Has the same chain problem as Ibuki and Oro.

If an opponent ducks, his S.HK won't hit, when it clearly should.

Post Merge: June 06, 2010, 05:08:00 PM
Here's another universal problem I've noticed; when a Super guards or misses, the full voice-clip that goes with the Super comes out, but if the Super successfully hits the foe, the voice-clip stops.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 08:43:46 PM by novasod »

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »
Adon: No real problems, which is kind of surprising. Anyway, the only bug I found is that for whatever reason, for a short time, his Jaguar Kick wouldn't shoot out it's projectiles, though I have no idea what triggered that. It only happened once. Ah well.
they don't come out if you are getting a bit near to the enemy, they only come out after getting further from the enemy....also they shouldn't come out if one of the projectiles still existed/got suck at the end of the stage bounds.
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline bigredguy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 18, 2017, 11:15:32 AM
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »
Dan's hyper moves link into eachother, which is wrong. The same hyper can even be linked with itself 3 times, which apart from being VERY wrong, also does a silly amount of damage.

Same story with Ken.... his hypers also link with eachother, and the same can be linked with itself.

Ken's power air hadouken hyper only does about as much damage as a standard air hadouken. Damage needs to be increased.

When playing against charlie with ken, twice in the same match i used a HK sweep on him and he drifted up into the sky. If i didnt manage to hit him before he went too high, he never came down.

The Punisher's AK-47 move (qcf+lp) can be linked with itself infinately, in the same way Sagat's tiger shot used to.

Evil Ryu's shinkuu tatsumaki hyper takes off about as much as a standard hadouken... also needs damage increase.

Morrigan still has her palette problem. This was present in the original author's release i know. Her normal palette is fine, but her second one looks like one big error filled mess. It even ruins the colour of her projectiles etc

Symbiote Onslaught...... PLEASE reduce or remove the amount of chip damage his mini sentinel bombers cause when blocking. He does it over and over and OVER again and every time i face off against S.O. blocking these alone must account for half of the damage i suffer, at the very least.

More later....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:10:22 PM by bigredguy »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
Morrigan: She has the "S.LP Whilst Moving Forward Infinite,".

After Launcher: She can chain her MP twice. She can also chain her MK twice.

If her F,D,DF+PP Super doesn't connect, you can hear the MvC2 Super sound music.

Post Merge: June 07, 2010, 11:45:25 AM
Also, I have a question for you, Acey. Do you just make a fix and call it good, or do you test the fix yourself to see if it really fixed the issue? No offense, just curious.

Post Merge: June 07, 2010, 12:18:03 PM
Lilith: Her Superjump doesn't have the MvC2 FX at all.

When pressing S.LP twice, it automatically chains into S.MP.

When pressing S.MP twice, it automatically chains into C.HP.

Her S.MK can't chain into anything after being used, when it should.

Her S.HP shouldn't knock down. It's not for the sake of accuracy; it's for the sake of efficiency. Otherwise, she won't have a Standing Hard attack attack that can chain into specials and supers. That's what her S.HP should be able to do.

After her S.HP, she can followup with any Crouching normal except for C.MP. She shouldn't be able to do that.

She can't chain her chain combos into specials, though her chain combos are fairly awkward as is.

Her QCF+K needs more damage.

After Launcher: Can chain MP twice, and can chain HP twice.

Post Merge: June 07, 2010, 12:50:02 PM
Jedah: After Jedah does a throw, anytime either character onscreen is right on the left or right edge, a rather annoying noise will keep repeating over and over until that character moves away from the edge of the screen that they're on. True story.

When Jedah is close enough to his foe, he can try to do his air-throw while his opponent is on the ground. Naturally, Jedah will just stop in midair.

After the second or third hit of his QCB+PP, the rest of his (literally) bloody heads won't chain together. The opponent can guard against them.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:22:13 PM by novasod »

Offline bigredguy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 18, 2017, 11:15:32 AM
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
Good stuff you're finding there, nova. If all of these things are adressed i've no doubt the game will be improved massively. Can see you've put in a lot of work finding these bugs :thumbsup:

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2010, 06:52:47 PM »
Good stuff you're finding there, nova. If all of these things are adressed i've no doubt the game will be improved massively. Can see you've put in a lot of work finding these bugs :thumbsup:

^^(PM)^

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 12:30:01 AM »
Donovan: He has the same 'auto S.Attack to C.Attack Chain' problem as Ibuki, Oro, and Gill, all of whom, Donovan included, were made by Kong. Not all of Kong's characters have this problem, but the fact is that some do.

Right after his C.HK, he can chain into either his S.HP, C.HP or S.HK. If you wait for the foe to complete his/her fall, but not for them to get up, he can followup with either a C.LK, or a C.MK. Your choice.

His With-Sword Lightning Sword (QCB+P with sword,) needs to do more pushback, in order to be useful, especially if it can't be used in chains. But so long as the move has better pushback, it'll have it's uses.

The manual says he has a B~F+P special called 'Sword Grapple', yet he can't actually do it.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 10:46:29 AM
John Talbain: After his HP ground throw, he can get in additional attacks before his opponent falls back to the ground.

His Close S.MK can chain into his Far S.MK with the right timing.

His C.MK can chain itself twice with the right timing.

After a C.HK, he can followup with either C.LP or C.LK, and each can chain into additional attacks.

He can get in additional attacks after his HCB+P special, Wild Ride.

His KKK technique isn't listed in the manual. On that matter, neither are Ken's B~F+HP or B~F+HK specials. Anyway, back to Talbain.

His Mirage Body may cost 2 stocks, but can be quite cheap nonetheless. All you have to do to drain an opponent's entire bar is to spam LK repeatedly.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 12:13:12 PM
Anakaris: He has no throw. That worked in Darkstalkers because most characters had their own unique features, but that isn't as much of a case here. Here, he should have a throw.

After his DF+MK knocks down, he can followup with either C.HP, DF+MK again, or LP. If he uses the LP, he can chain that at least 22 times, and anytime during this long chain, he can chain into either DF+MK again or C.HP.

His Royal Curse (Air Projectile, QCF+K,) does NOT turn his opponent into an imp like it should. Far from it. After the move successfully connects with the foe, he/she is unable to do anything. What's more, when you try to walk up to them, there's some sort of invisible 'force' that slightly slows Anakaris down, and when you knock them down, the foe duplicates, and there's a second character standing right next to the original, or just where the opponent currently is. It depends on whether you knocked them down on the opposite side of the initial projectile or not.There's probably even more random stuff that could be done. You could probably even go into that mode that lets 3 to 4 characters be on-screen at once and do that move, and then your teammate could do who-knows-what, depending on who they are.

Bottomline, that needs to be fixed pronto. But don't forget his other problems too.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 01:13:57 PM
Hutzil/Phobos: Can chain his C.LP 7 times.

Can chain C.LK 14 times.

Can chain C.MK 9 times.

His. Far S.HK is too good. It covers a rather large chunk of the screen, and nothing can stop it. Therefore, I propose having his Close S.HK also be his Far S.HK. In other words, have his current Close S.HK be the only S.HK. It isn't as good. Think about it.

After Launcher: Can chain MK two times.

His Aztec Missile (QCB+P, projectile that starts out straight but slowly 'drops' downward,) has problems. The biggest one would be that even though the combo counter doesn't say so, he can get an infinite with it. He can also use it after a Frozen Lazer hits. Electric Charge (QCB+K, slow projectile meant for racking up damage,) into Frozen Beam into Aztec Missile can be painful. in addition to all that, instead of doing the infinite, he can choose to do additional attacks instead. Simply put, like Anakaris's Pharaoh's Curse, Aztec Missile needs fixing.

Oh, and the move has no FX for missing and hitting the ground. Weird.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 01:54:26 PM
Pyron: His left eye sometimes quickly flickers to red and then back to blue. Is that supposed to happen?

He has no throw. I was pretty sure he had a throw in Darkstalkers, but you could always use his Command Throw from there instead, since he doesn't have that here. Either way, there is no excuse to him not having a throw. You should give him one.

Can chain C.LP at least seven times.

Can chain C.LK at least 8 times.

Can chain S.MK at least 3 times, but the timing is quite tricky.

After Launcher: Can chain his MP 3 times. Can also chain MK two times.

After his F+MP or F+HP, he can get in a S.LP, which can naturally link to other stuff. And since he can also chain the LP from a F+LP--F+MP--F+HP chain, the total damage of the entire chain could be rather high...

I don't know how, but after doing who-knows-what, he can't do his ground Magma Ball (QCF+P, projectile) anymore. Honestly, in this case, someone seriously has to help me out, because while I do have my suspicions, (might have something to with his F+P command attacks,) I'm not sure what causes it.

Can followup his F,D,DF+P (Fire Wheel) with just about anything else, including, but not limited to, a second F,D,DF+P.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 06:26:31 PM
Kenji: No real problems. Seriously.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 06:32:07 PM
Hydron/Nool: His HP throw is too good. It already deals a higher initial amount of damage then many other throws in EoH, but the opponent is put into dizzy state afterward, allowing Hydron/Nool to get in additional attacks. Either significantly tone down his HP throw, or take it out, as he does have a HK throw, (which isn't listed in the manual when it should be,) which is not nearly as cheap as his HP throw currently is, though the damage of that one needs to be turned up a bit.

Post Merge: June 08, 2010, 11:52:43 PM
Hayato: Much like 2 of Vyn's other creations, Gouki and Evil Ryu, Hayato can try to do his throw when not within proper range. This makes certain commands such as 'QCF+HP' (not LP or MP, but HP,) nigh impossible to pull off.

He needs a general damage increase.

His S.MK can't be linked into.

So far, it seems that his Crouching normals can't really be used in Chains.

Other then that, a fine piece of work. Like I've stated before, Vyn's characters are some of the best in EoH period.

Post Merge: June 09, 2010, 12:09:51 PM
I've noticed that some characters can chain into their C.HK into S.HK, C.HP, S.HP, specials, and supers, while others can't. As with everything else about the game, this too needs to be harmonized, though which route you'll take in doing so is up to you.

Post Merge: June 09, 2010, 12:35:52 PM
Amingo: His ground throw seems to randomly alternate between doing the throw as normal, or changing direction and then throwing to the other side. I really don't know why.

Like Jedah, when you're within range to do his air-throw and try to do it when your opponent is on the ground, you'll just stop in mid-air.

Another of Kong's creations, his Standing normals, except for his S.HP, will chain into their Crouching versions when you try to self-chain them.

During his QCF+PP Super, (Versus Law, a bunch of cactus assault the foe,) there's a chance the opponent will go somewhat below the screen. They can get out by jumping.

Post Merge: June 09, 2010, 12:56:56 PM
Rock: When he does his ground throw when get cornered, his opponent will get thrown into the corner, and while the opponent is in the air, Rock can get in additional hits.

He has the same air-throw problem as Jedah and Amingo, fellow creations of Kong.

His C.MP and S.MK can't be chained into.

Post Merge: June 09, 2010, 01:07:02 PM
I've just done a quick run though of every single character made by Kong that I had already tested, for their air-throw. I have come to the conclusion that every character made by Kong who has an air-throw stops in mid-air when trying to do it when the opponent is one the ground. Except for Ibuki. She just gets into her jump animation and remains in the same place until someone hits her.

This really needs to be looked into.

Post Merge: June 09, 2010, 01:32:10 PM
Roll: Made by Kong. Has an air-throw. Has same air-throw problem.

After  her ground throw, she can chain into C.MK, or use C.HK two times.

After her C.HK, she can chain into C.MK, or use C.HK two more times.

Her C.HP doesn't have enough range to be used in Chain Combos.

Her Chain Combos can't chain into specials or supers.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:32:10 PM by novasod »

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
Megaman: Whenever the opponent is lying down on the ground, he can get in a Buster shot. After a sweep, a throw, you name it.

During his HP throw, Megaman can attack the foe while they're still in the air.

His Air HK doesn't send the opponent down fast enough.

After Launcher: When launching Bass, Megaman can't 'connect' to Bass well.

After a point-blank LP Buster Shot, he can get in additional attacks.

Tornado Hold will only be able to hit the opponent after traveling a certain distance.

After a point-blank Quick Boomerang, Megaman can get in additional attacks.

He can get an infinite with his Metalman Weapon, with the right timing.

All of his Supers except for Rush Adaptor need more damage, especially his Mega Misogi. (QCF+KK.) For a Lv.3 move, it does the same same damage that Lv.1's currently do. That should not be the case.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 10:28:34 AM
Protoman: If he reverses his throw when cornered, the opponent will get thrown into the corner. That's only natural, but the bug is that Protoman can get in additional attacks afterward.

Can chain C.HP twice, with the right timing.

After Launcher: Can chain MK 3 times.

All of his Supers, his Lv.2 included, need a BIG damage boost. Seriously.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 10:57:56 AM
Bass: If his throw winds up with the opponent cornered, Bass can get in additional attacks.

His.S.HP and S.HK don't enough range to be used in Chain Combos.

His C.HP can't be linked from a S.LP--S.MP Chain.

His S.MK can only be chained into from S.LP, and the only normals it's self can chain into are C.MK, S.HP, and C.HP.

His Dark Flash (QCF+P, multiple buster shots,) can be chained into Buster Barrage. (QCB+P, one big charged shot.)

His Cresent Kick (QCB+K, works like Guile's Flash Kick,) doesn't knock the foe off of the ground. As it is, Bass can get hit falling down, and the foe was only pushed back a bit. It should knock the foe off of the ground like other, similar anti-airs do.

His Dive Bomb (QCF+K in air, Bass dives straight downwards-diagonally-forward,) can be used over and over as an infinite.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
Something else I've noticed; Standing Normals can always chain into Crouching Normals, but the majority of the time, Crouching Normals can't chain into Standing Normals. I think that this shouldn't be the case, if you know what I mean.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 12:34:04 PM
Cutman: Can't attack during his dash, which leaves jumping as his only means of even trying to counter the opponent's attacks when dashing. Let him attack during dashing.

Can chain S.LP 7 times.

Can chain C.MP at least 2 times, with the right timing.

S.MK can't be chained into.

Cutman can't alternate between punches and kicks in his chains.

He The only special he can chain into is what is essentially his Dragon Punch.

His jump attacks have too much stun time.

After launcher: Can chain MP 3 times.

His Drill Cutter (QCB+P, multi-hit advancing move,) lets him do additional attacks afterward. Or, he can just keep using Drill Cutter over and over again for an infinite.

After Boomerang Cutter, (QCF+P, projectile, signature attack,) he can follow-up with either C.MP, C.LK, C.MK, or C.HK.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 12:44:45 PM
Found another Ryu bug, which I'll put in my Ryu post from earlier as well, for future reference. For a LP special, his LP Dragon Punch is way too high. And you know what? The damage of his MP DP is lower, and the damage of his HP DP is lower still. That's just wrong.

Also, the damage of Ken's HP DP, and Dan's DP in general, are just plain too high. Will add those also.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 02:49:47 PM
Ice-Man (Or should I say, Infinite-Man?) (CAPCOM): Has the ol' "S.LP Whilst Moving Forward Infinite,' bug.

Also has an infinite with S.MP whilst moving forward.

Also has a third infinite with S.LK whilst moving forward.

On top of having three self-chain infinities, he can chain his C.MK up to three times.

His C.HK launcher isn't listed in the manual, nor does it have the same FX as his C.HP launcher.

Like Cutman, another of Excursion's creations, Iceman's Air Normal stuns are too long and need to be shortened.

After Launcher: Can chain MP 3 times.

His Snow Fall (QCB+P,) shouldn't take energy to perform.

His Icebeam Super (QCF+KK,) doesn't send the opponent across the screen like big beam supers should. This allows Iceman to literally kick 'em while they're down, or punch them, with any Crouching Normal except for C.LP. It needs to be fixed up.

Post Merge: June 10, 2010, 11:19:12 PM
Metalman: Effect-wise, his throw is iffy. You'd think if a guy was being ripped to shreds, there would proper ripping and shredding noises to accompany that. Strangely, those are absent.

His C.HK should leave the foe on the ground longer then it currently does, and the foe should actually be moved back a bit.

He can't chain into his specials. You could at least let him chain into his Dragon Punch.

After Launcher: Can chain MP two times.

Can get an infinite with QCF+HP, unless the opponent rolls out of harm's way. If they stay in place, they're a dead man walking, (or hurting,) but if they roll backwards or forwards, they'll be fine. Just thought I'd point that out.

His QCF+LP won't hit the foe if used at the edge of the screen that's opposite to the opponent. The closer Metalman gets, the more hits, it'll actually start connecting with the foe, and amount of hits will increase the closer he is to his opponent.

The damage of his Supers needs to be toned down.

Post Merge: June 11, 2010, 01:53:28 AM
Crashman: For whatever reason, his throw leaves a bomb behind, and this particular bomb serves no truly useful purpose.

Has the ol' 'S.LP Whilst Moving Forward Infinite' bug.

Can chain C.LK 5 times.

Can chain S.MP 3 times.

His S.HP can't be linked from a S.LP--S.MP chain.

He can't properly use specials and supers in chains. At least let him connect his Dragon Punch.

Has no Middle Dragon Punch.

His Super damage needs to be toned down.

His Crash Bombs Supers can chain into themselves.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 03:35:15 PM by novasod »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista