collapse

Author Topic: R.I.P.Joan Rivers  (Read 528 times)

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 29, 2024, 09:02:43 PM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
R.I.P.Joan Rivers
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »

Joan Rivers, a pioneering female stand-up comic and the queen of "Can We Talk?" gossip, has died, her daughter, Melissa Rivers, said Thursday.

Rivers was undergoing surgery on her vocal cords at a clinic in New York City on Aug. 28 when she stopped breathing and had to be transported to Mount Sinai Hospital. Melissa Rivers and Joan Rivers' 13-year-old grandson, Cooper, who live in Malibu, California, rushed to her bedside.

"My mother's greatest joy in life was to make people laugh," Melissa Rivers said in a statement. "Although that is difficult to do right now, I know her final wish would be that we return to laughing soon."

Raspy-voiced and brassy, Rivers was always self-deprecating, foul-mouthed and politically incorrect. A master of reinvention, she endured in show business because of her tenacious work ethic — which she credited to her "immigrant mentality."

Comedians typically push the edge of the envelope, but Rivers proved time and again that she didn't even see the envelope. To her fans, she was as shocking as she was endearing.
"It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers. She passed peacefully at 1:17pm surrounded by family and close friends. My son and I would like to thank the doctors, nurses, and staff of Mount Sinai Hospital for the amazing care they provided for my mother.

Cooper and I have found ourselves humbled by the outpouring of love, support, and prayers we have received from around the world. They have been heard and appreciated.

She was 81.

Man another gossip comic genius and a sweet person there will never be another like joan rivers
rest in paradise and make everyone laugh

for more info click here
http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/joan-rivers-comedy-pioneer-tv-host-dies-81-n191416

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
Re: R.I.P.Joan Rivers
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:35:46 PM »
It's sad that she passed away. She was really funny. RIP Joan Rivers. Condolences to her whole family.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:42:24 PM »
Indeed she was hilarious. The thing that always got me cracking about her is she always made fun of herself and really made fun of other celebs...even to their faces. lol.
She is and was one of a kind and there will never another....ever. Her style , her personality and her humor are what left field good comedy is about and she was and will always be the one Joan Rivers. RIP Joan and condolences to the family.

Offline fron

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 12, 2020, 02:47:52 AM
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »
Love her  :( ... R.I.P.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:54:31 PM »
wow RIP!
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Lord_Waffles

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 16, 2015, 10:53:53 PM
  • For the kingdom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
It seems to me that the world is slowly becoming less funny. Another great comedian is in Heaven now. R.I.P.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal