collapse

Author Topic: Need some help creating Sonic battle ME Fighters  (Read 518 times)

Offline Zlex the Zone Cop

• Last Login:January 25, 2016, 10:16:53 PM
  • MUGEN EXTREME FIGHTER!
Need some help creating Sonic battle ME Fighters
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »
Right now I don't have anything to use to create a Sonic battle styled character, I've searched through google to find a template of this but I do have the MUGEN Template for reqular one.

So what I have to do to make a Sonic battle styled fighter for Sonic battle ME? I know it's supposed to have the ones from the game but I gonna spice it up a bit and add a few more to the Sonic battle Roster.

Offline Cyanide

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 29, 2019, 06:52:34 AM
    • Mugen Obscurity
Re: Need some help creating Sonic battle ME Fighters
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:53:58 AM »
Anything from the game is effectively a template. Afterall, i would code a character then paste the code over into emerl making animation changes as required.

The bit too many people haven't got is that this was designed as a full game, so your character needs to make use of the inbuilt common1.cns file. And everything had 400 life. I can't remember why i did that now but it made sense at the time and everything is balanced around 400 life. If you chuck something in with 1000 it's going to pummel every single character in the game.

If you are going to pick on one character to use as a template i suggest amy, she is easily the most basic of all the characters. Or possibly Chaos, he's really simple too. Others are more complex due to the FX being required for emerl as well and the bomb or projectile being somewhat, awkward. Do NOT use cream for anything, cheese is a bit... special.

FX are all stored, globally, within the common FX files in data. No character has it's own FX in the sff at all.

I have very vague plans to come back to this but i'm still waiting on a few decent (by my standards) sheets. I want to add super sonic, espio, mighty, blaze and make use of that very nice E-101 gamma sheet. Super Sonic and Mighty also have OK sheets. Espio has a 1/4 of a good one, and blaze has absolutely nothing. Dark spine sonic is a no go, even if his sheet is good.

• MUGEN EXTREME FIGHTER!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 09:50:54 PM »
I'll use Amy Rose, and the other thing I've got is....how do I do the sounds for the character if it has like one sound on it (I've checked Rouge's files and it had only one sound file), I'm gonna do a voice for my fighter once I've get the stuff needed to make him.

Offline Cyanide

• Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »
They all used the common snd file as well. FightFX.SND. there is nothing to stop you putting everything in your own one though as you won't be needing 2 characters using the same sounds as i did. Emerl has access to everyones moves sounds and FX, so rather than doubling up i put them in central locations and everyone accesses them.

Yours as a standalone doesn't need to abide by that but can still make use of them with the S or F prefixes on sounds and FX to get into the common files.

• MUGEN EXTREME FIGHTER!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 04:04:48 AM »
Okay I've changed the values to play my sounds in the .snd file and now I'm trying to change Amy's Pink typhoon to become a laser and continue on until it goes off screen, but I'll find it, so how I could make it fire then go off screen if it doesn't hit someone?

Offline Cyanide

• Mugen Obscurity
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 06:59:54 AM »
That's not really template related any more, that's a very specific request.

By laser, i am kinda assuming you mean projectile with a tail. Or even a long beam animation that then just continues to animate. Nothing fancy here at all. either use a helper or a projectile. If it's a projectile it should blow up when the velocity makes it leave the screen. If it's a helper, use destroyself when frontedgedist < negative something.

I don't know how or what you've coded for it so far so am entirely guessing. Don't forget to include the power up features for when your power bar is maxed out.

• MUGEN EXTREME FIGHTER!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 05:01:21 PM »
I've done the basic Sound overrides and changed Amy's Double jump into Rouge's mid-air jump and still have to work on the main attack Rouge does if she's in mid-air still.....and I'm not good editing sprites or make something from scratch.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal