collapse

Author Topic: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread  (Read 21334 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Avengers vs. X-Men Bug Thread
« Reply #125 on: March 20, 2013, 01:44:57 PM »
It's a fair question. You have to download the entire game again with each update.

Offline DevilBullDawg

• A.K.A ZombieBrock
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:December 17, 2018, 07:51:28 PM
  • You're just like the rest... a disappointment
    • ZombieBrocks Mugen House
« Reply #126 on: March 20, 2013, 01:59:42 PM »
It's a fair question. You have to download the entire game again with each update.

ah ok, thanks for the info Acey  :thumbsup:

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 19, 2013, 03:30:43 PM
« Reply #127 on: March 20, 2013, 04:57:34 PM »
Oh and Version 1.06 is out now. Everything has been delt with except for Jethro's "They might not be infinites" infinites.

Yea I really need to make a video on what I am talking about. (Download updating one to see it too)

I might need to download fraps or something

Offline SorcererSupreme

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 11, 2014, 05:50:44 PM
  • Victory is achieved by defeat. Never give up.
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: March 20, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »
Found other 2 bugs: When Emma uses her Psychic Spear on the Phoenix,it's wings and head disappear,and when Emma walks,her hand appears 'nude' for a second.And in her intro,not in the battle,the one before the battle where it says the characters names,her clothes are from New X-Men,but i guess that's intentional.

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: March 20, 2013, 10:04:27 PM »
Yea I really need to make a video on what I am talking about. (Download updating one to see it too)

I recommend Bandicam.
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 02, 2017, 05:47:31 PM
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #130 on: March 20, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »

Not necessary, I've taken the liberty of doing it myself + a few other things.

See you on Guild, gaiz.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #131 on: March 20, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
Okay

So I was watching an AI battle between Black Widow and Ms Marvel vs Colossusnaught, and when Colossus did his Power Tackle he somehow chipped away ALL of Miss Marvel's health. He did the same thing with the charge hyper on Black Widow in round 2.
Anyone?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »
Looks like I owe you an appology Jethro. And one get a video of Colossus?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2013, 10:41:05 PM »
And one get a video of Colossus?
I don't have recording programs, sorry  :-??

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2013, 10:43:57 PM »
Was Colossusnaught alone? Mugen gives a damage boost to the alone player on Simul mode if facing two opponents.

Although, now I have to know what kind of move you gave him that does at least half a lifebar worth of damage....

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »
Was Colossusnaught alone? Mugen gives a damage boost to the alone player on Simul mode if facing two opponents.

Although, now I have to know what kind of move you gave him that does at least half a lifebar worth of damage....
Yes he was alone. And Power Charge isn't suppose to do that much damage. It's just after the initial charge he keeps ramming into her draining her health. Having a hard time replicating it though

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: March 20, 2013, 10:52:11 PM »
Ill take a look tonight and see if it happens for me.
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: March 20, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »

You get an award for the best find to date. If I had a dollar I'd Paypal it to you. One sctrl in all of the char's custom launcher state fixes this.

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #138 on: March 20, 2013, 11:05:52 PM »
Yes he was alone. And Power Charge isn't suppose to do that much damage. It's just after the initial charge he keeps ramming into her draining her health. Having a hard time replicating it though

It may be possible that the AI done glitched up after something happened to cause it to do that.

You get an award for the best find to date. If I had a dollar I'd Paypal it to you. One sctrl in all of the char's custom launcher state fixes this.

As tempting as it is to get rich off of you, you got a lot of things to work on, let me start with a few things:

-Some character's launchers are Air unblockable. Some character's launchers are Air AND Stand unblockable
-Juggernaught's Colossus'  :2 :3 :6 :p grab causes debug errors. I'm going to try and remember to check every single move in the game for debug errors.
-Does the stage you have the Forces of Evil bonus stage mid boss mini game have auto turn off? Should alleviate some of the turning problems it has.
-Pretty much every single CLSN in the game needs to be redone. 1-3 boxes is enough for nearly every frame. Did you use Auto CLSN for them? Cause that's a very bad idea.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: March 20, 2013, 11:40:30 PM »
It may be possible that the AI done glitched up after something happened to cause it to do that.

As tempting as it is to get rich off of you, you got a lot of things to work on, let me start with a few things:

-Some character's launchers are Air unblockable. Some character's launchers are Air AND Stand unblockable
-Juggernaught's Colossus'  :2 :3 :6 :p grab causes debug errors. I'm going to try and remember to check every single move in the game for debug errors.
-Does the stage you have the Forces of Evil bonus stage mid boss mini game have auto turn off? Should alleviate some of the turning problems it has.
-Pretty much every single CLSN in the game needs to be redone. 1-3 boxes is enough for nearly every frame. Did you use Auto CLSN for them? Cause that's a very bad idea.

* If you get a chance could you list out who has the unblockable launchers? It's much easire to fix when I know who to look at.
* Many moves will cause debut error and that's ok. Not all debug errors are actually errors. Sometimes it's just truncating integers. Sometimes it's code that is specific to a situation that isn't necessary to that given state. For example every custom AvX state has a "selfstate" code that is unecessary because everyone is already in their own selfstate but when these chars get public released it will be required to have compatability with other chars. So if you find debug errors that are simple I'll fix them but in many cases not really worth the time.
*Auto turn is on. Good suggestion though.
* The CLSN is another story. Since the characters come from different authors there are a variety of different variations. The items that we spent the most time looking at are the clsn1 boxes and getting the clsn2 to line up with those to avoid hit priority issues. No one used auto clsn, and in "post production" it's just simply determining the amount of variance that is acceptable and correcting everything that was not within that range. So like the video posted on guild earlier today. Scarlet Witch is more blocky while Hope is more form fitting. Scarlet Witch is our Dormammu so having slightly large hitboxes is consistent with her game play. Hope is more like Gouken so you have a tighter feel there.

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2013, 12:39:21 AM »

See you on Guild, gaiz.

Thanks.
Can you do Colossus if you get the chance:

HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power attack.

From that explanation, you can so whatever you want off the wall with your opponent.

You can repeat HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power tackle two more times (Due to game mechanic)  then add HP, then HK(Launch) then continue to Power Tackle, HP, HK(Launching) over and over.

Make sure you use you HP command for Power Tackle to travel the closest to the wall/Opponent
Looks like I owe you an appology Jethro. And one get a video of Colossus?

No problem, whatever it takes for a great game to become greater.

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2013, 12:54:58 AM »
* If you get a chance could you list out who has the unblockable launchers? It's much easire to fix when I know who to look at.
* Many moves will cause debut error and that's ok. Not all debug errors are actually errors. Sometimes it's just truncating integers. Sometimes it's code that is specific to a situation that isn't necessary to that given state. For example every custom AvX state has a "selfstate" code that is unecessary because everyone is already in their own selfstate but when these chars get public released it will be required to have compatability with other chars. So if you find debug errors that are simple I'll fix them but in many cases not really worth the time.
*Auto turn is on. Good suggestion though.
* The CLSN is another story. Since the characters come from different authors there are a variety of different variations. The items that we spent the most time looking at are the clsn1 boxes and getting the clsn2 to line up with those to avoid hit priority issues. No one used auto clsn, and in "post production" it's just simply determining the amount of variance that is acceptable and correcting everything that was not within that range. So like the video posted on guild earlier today. Scarlet Witch is more blocky while Hope is more form fitting. Scarlet Witch is our Dormammu so having slightly large hitboxes is consistent with her game play. Hope is more like Gouken so you have a tighter feel there.

-I'll try and remember to make a list
-I wouldn't take debug errors so lightly. It's possible that these simple "not errors" could actually lead to bigger errors. At any rate, I've found that pretty much any move that causes wall bounce will cause a debug error, it might be worth checking that. Green Hulk's Gamma Tsunami will cause debug errors as well.
-Turn it off in that stage and test the mini-game. Let me know if it helps with the turning problems
-Oh no no no. This is very important for you and every author out there. I highly recommend that the CLSNs are appropiately and improved for two reasons
A. Memory issues can arise from too many CLSN boxes. It is far more memory efficient to place 1-3 boxes instead of trying to cover every inch with multiple boxes
B. Gameplay. This one's obvious, but the boxes in the characters actually make some rather unfair hits. For example, Psylocke has a hitbox sticking out on the bottom on her standing stance allowing her to be easier to hit from low attacks while standing. And then we have certain attacks with strange hitboxes and even those that only have attack hitboxes. And there's the matter that some characters have not hitboxes at all in certain moves(and taunts).
This is definitely something you should give high priority to.

Can you do Colossus if you get the chance:

HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power attack.

From that explanation, you can so whatever you want off the wall with your opponent.

You can repeat HK- :8-(Air combo)-Power tackle two more times (Due to game mechanic)  then add HP, then HK(Launch) then continue to Power Tackle, HP, HK(Launching) over and over.

Make sure you use you HP command for Power Tackle to travel the closest to the wall/Opponent

Is this right?

Now that I look at these last vids, did you guys even add a damage dampener to this game?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:15:12 AM by Darkflare »

Offline theFuTur3

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 30, 2016, 11:04:53 PM
    • MugenMultiverse
« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2013, 01:36:58 AM »
i know this is not a bug but red hulks sprites are misaligned when he does the crouch hard punch and scarlet witch gets a clone when she's hit with iceman's ice glide move
Hey remember when it wasn't cool to be a geek?

Offline Darkflare

• Forum Member
    • DarkflareEX
« Reply #143 on: March 21, 2013, 01:44:28 AM »
I think that counts as a bug, especially the clone bug.

Offline jethroyo

• Initiate
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2013, 02:27:28 AM »
Yea thats it.

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
It won't allow you to select chars when you highlight them in training mode or watch mode just in other modes...

But ima wait till y'all release the chars separately anyway.

And o yea btw i hope y'all know that colossus name when he got juggernauts powers is colossusnaut  they just ain't made it official yet i don't think.
8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:28:02 AM by {C.R.O.M.} Skorpophobia »
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
@ Darkflare

- debug: not taking lightly, just giving additional information. Wall bounce is an example of what I explained above and why it's not a bug even though it shows up in the debug list.
- autoturn: tried turning it off, it made it so no one would turn. FYI, the turn time was reduced for later releases already. It takes half of a tenth of a second to get the char to turn, (3 game clicks) then you have to sit through the turn animation while the enemy is hitting you in the back. What still needs to be done, but which will be a big chunk of code, is to set it up so that when you're down to your last enemy you will always face them. This will include a lot of player vs helper distances being coded out.
- CLSN: memory issues from clsn hopefully won't be an issue in 2013, unless someone is playing on Windows 95 with their pentium 1. If there are ever any attacks with only a red hit box especially let me know. That is truely a fatal bug because it gives that character hit priority over all other attacks.

i know this is not a bug but red hulks sprites are misaligned when he does the crouch hard punch and scarlet witch gets a clone when she's hit with iceman's ice glide move

I'm not sure what you mean by misaligned, it matches Kawakz perfectly except it's raised about 3 pixles in order to match the start animation of the crouch.

I'm having a difficult time duplicating the clone, do you remeber what Scarlet Witch was doing when it happened?

And o yea btw i hope y'all know that colossus name when he got juggernauts powers is colossusnaut  they just ain't made it official yet i don't think. 8)

In the entire AvX comics he was only refered to as Colossus. Colossonaut is a fan made name, similar to how Red Hulk is not called Rulk in the comics either.

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2013, 11:16:12 AM »
it would be nice to add his old voices too on top of hyper especially for get hits

hey acey did you decide to not do a reflect projectile with caps shield?

is the update up yet, because you were saying like 5 mins and it will be up?

what do you guys think instead of luke having a round house, maybe switch it out for a charlie murphy front snap kick to make em bleed inside of their chest and send them flying like what your eoh hulk does?

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2013, 12:34:16 PM »
it would be nice to add his old voices too on top of hyper especially for get hits
For who, Colossus or Red Hulk?

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 12:47:10 PM »
colossus and his punch effects sound wet if that makes any sense

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 [3] 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal