collapse

Author Topic: Avengers vs. X-Men Release  (Read 88539 times)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Avengers vs. X-Men Release
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2013, 09:31:03 PM »
Awesome work! :) Great work on the game system. I really love the design on Captain America. Since you guys already talked about releasing the individual characters in the future, will there be any released stages from AvX?

Everything will be released eventually. I know if it was me and if I didn't already have access to the content, I would want to be able to add this content to my own mugen compilation so I figure there are certainly enough other people out there who want to be able to do so as well.

Offline superm00se

• Last Login:March 07, 2014, 01:05:40 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2013, 09:41:14 PM »
Hey, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having a SEVERE problem trying to download the game. I've tried on 5 seperate occasions (yes, even with the one hour wait per download...... I really want to play this game) to get it running, but everytime I download it, nothing doing.

Each time, the AVX.zip file is completely empty of all important files. The Char folder is completely empty, as well as the other folders. It seems the only things in there are the executable and the manual. Seriously, I really, REALLY want to play this marvelly goodness. Can we get an alternatel link, an alternate file, anything?

Help?  :-??

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:21 PM »
Hey, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm having a SEVERE problem trying to download the game. I've tried on 5 seperate occasions (yes, even with the one hour wait per download...... I really want to play this game) to get it running, but everytime I download it, nothing doing.

Each time, the AVX.zip file is completely empty of all important files. The Char folder is completely empty, as well as the other folders. It seems the only things in there are the executable and the manual. Seriously, I really, REALLY want to play this marvelly goodness. Can we get an alternatel link, an alternate file, anything?

Have you actually tried playing the game? Because the character folder is supposed to be empty. The game should work.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2013, 09:46:39 PM »

The char folder is emply and there is no stage folder. All of those files are packed inside the EXE file. Just double click the EXE file to play the game and all should be good.

Offline superm00se

• Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2013, 09:51:25 PM »
Hey all. Thank you for the quick replies. I have tried the .exe, but it just seems to crash on startup. I'm not very tech saavy, so I assumed that it had to be the empty files.

Is there anything I have to do to the folder other than unzipping/winraring it? Move files around, rename stuff? I noticed that the manual said that you had to click "X-Men: Second Coming" to start the game. Is that a typo, or do I rename the AVX executable?

Offline razard

• Last Login:May 15, 2013, 01:09:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2013, 09:55:51 PM »
downloadin... love u guys, must be a great game!

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2013, 09:58:50 PM »
@ Supermoose, just unzip and play. No need to rename the exe file, that is just an error in the manual.

Offline lp

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 11, 2018, 09:43:40 PM
« Reply #107 on: March 18, 2013, 11:06:05 PM »
 :o awesome  :o downloading now! thank you guys (acey and the rest of creators) you are the best.

Offline dan_aracena

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 21, 2015, 05:38:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2013, 11:30:30 PM »
To be true ... X-Men Second Coming and other complete games i download those just to saw de chars, , stages and wait till their release to add them to my personal mugen ....

With AVX i was expecting to do the same ... but i decided to actually play the game .... and ...... WOW!!! ..... i was sent back to those times when i was exited playing Marvel Super Heroes for first time con my PSX .......

The games has some bugs, i think there's more qualified guys to point at them ..... but beyond all of that, its a REALLY FUN GAME ... and not only for the system, chars and the fights. The episodes of the comic are really good placed, and results very exiting before, and after a fight, saw the comic and the well chosed parts of it ......

What can i say .... and also the game has a lot of surprises (i will not spoil any) ....

CONGRATS DUDES ...... if i was Capcom Director, i would offer you stable jobs inmediatly ....  :thumbsup:

Offline superm00se

• Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #109 on: March 18, 2013, 11:49:25 PM »
Boy, do I feel stupid  Gomen ne

Anyway, thanks to your guy's help, I finally got to play the game, and WOW. Seriously, this is easily your guy's best work.

I always wanted to like X-Men:Second Coming, but the (who are we kidding) awful combo system always kept me from enjoying it, no matter how I tried. This game (somehow) has even MORE style and detail than XM:SC, and the combo system is easily one of the best and most intuitive I have ever seen in a fighting game. Not in a fan-fighting game: In ANY fighting game. PERIOD.

I will show this to as many people as I can, so you guys do your part and keep up the amazing work. It is an absolute pleasure to play this game, and I look forward to what is to come.

<But just to show that I'm still an annoying fanboy, I'll still complain about bugs in the bug thread  :thumbsup: >

Offline perrywinkle

• Last Login:October 29, 2017, 03:53:31 AM
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2013, 01:38:44 AM »
Absolutely amazing release. You guys are constantly improving and you deserve mad props for putting out another great game. In my wildest dreams, IMT releases a full on DC game.

In the meantime, I'm gonna play my new fav. fighter: AvX  ^:)^

Offline Zequi007

• Last Login:January 24, 2022, 09:04:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2013, 02:21:03 AM »
 ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Great job  :thumbsup:

This has been a hard work but finally they got it, congratulations.  =D>
I was not expecting less from all of you, just super, I have no words.

Sorry for my English  :-"

Offline hotrodd

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 07, 2017, 07:08:16 PM
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2013, 04:41:50 AM »
I just finished playing and all I can say is wow :o You guys did an excellent job. I'm so glad that quality 2D fighters like this are still being made.  Keep up the good work guys!

Offline Krishjan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 03:52:53 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2013, 05:07:43 AM »
The AvX was really great, when is the release of the individual characters like the Red Hulk? many are excited about it and one of them was me I'd love to have the Red Hulk on my Mugen Collections :) 

Offline bambulin

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 04:06:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2013, 05:44:47 AM »
downloaded and playing! thanks great job. :w00t:

Offline Low Ryder 2005

• Last Login:February 02, 2014, 12:51:14 PM
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2013, 08:56:49 AM »
First of all, congrats on your release! I've been waiting for this game for a long time and after completing the arcade mode I'm really eager about playing Part 2!

If I may I'd like to give some feedback, I'm no Mugen expert myself, so I'll just try to say what I feel was good and what not-so-much purely by a player standpoint:

What I liked:
* The whole minimalist interface is cool, so are the bars and the portraits, intro is stylish and gives a nice coin-op feeling
* The storyboard is a great touch and perfectly delivered
* Gameplay: mostly really polished and solid
* Scarlet Witch, Hope and the new Cap are amazing
* The original and new smart palettes, absolutely flawless in any way possible

What I didn't like so much:
* The overlapping portraits in the select screen for all other modes
* Some color schemes and character colors (can't access Magneto primary .act? Maybe I just didn't look hard enough though)
* Red Hulk has some bad issues about his earthquake move, in the story mode I had a lot of troubles trying to get up with my character since he kept spamming the move over and over with no recovery time and my character just stood down and kept getting hit, it probably needs some fixing
* Some of the "old" characters .def  (START + punch/kick) feel somewhat off in the whole picture, I don't personally think they fit with the rest of the game style
* The whole "forces of evil" third-person side scroller level needs some major tweaking (character walking too fast; pointing system; model for last giant-filtered Sentinel), but the idea is very nice, I loved those kind of levels in Second Coming
* Last boss would benefit a better model and a couple of animations

What I'd like to see in the future:
* Some branches in the storylines (too much, maybe? I liked a lot the start when I thought my Cap was fighting Cable not as a forced fight per se, but because I had chosen him)
* Rival fights (just a couple of lines would give incredible replay value, IMHO)
* Phoenix Five and, of course, a cool amped-up Cyclops

Overall, it's a very good game, I think that given the proper time and expansions it will surpass Second Coming (which is my favourite Mugen game ever). Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

Offline dan_aracena

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 21, 2015, 05:38:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:24 AM »
Here's a guy working on a REALLY COOL Phoenix Cyclops ...

Maybe you can contact him to help him make him faster, and add this Cyclops to the update of AVX ...

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
The Hard bounce is a visual indicator that they can be juggled.
But the feeling is tad exagerated.

at incoming injustice game they bounce a lot, so i tink this was a nice addition
Not like that, as I saw. And have more animation.

If we made a realistic fighting game then no one would be super jumping and Red Hulk would have to scrape the pieces of Black Widow off of his fist. It's finding that perfect place when we can suspend the unbelievable enough to make an outstanding game experience.

Its not about to be "realistic" (and, following HyperSonic's great line, yes I know that its a video game) its about to not be so exaggerated. They indeed bounce in UMvC3 (and in other games, like Tekken), but way less. Although I don't like the way the chars floats on Tekken, its still good.

Take a look at a match: the enemies bounces in everywere, on the same animation with one frame. This gets repetitive over the time.

Its just my opinion, anyway.

So in short ... it's a videogame
Oh, really? Nice reply +1  <_<|...|
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:45:23 AM by ɐʇsıuoısuןı o »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2013, 11:36:38 AM »
Glad to hear I'm still a godawful comedian

Offline WeberThor

• Last Login:February 01, 2014, 07:16:23 AM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
The best game I've ever played. Seriously, guys.

I believe the Directors of Marvel and Capcom have never heard about MUGEN. If they had a chance to see that game, you'd be work for them and earn some money.  =D>

I was pretty impressed when I first played X-men Second Coming. Very professional. I could burn the game in a cd, and print a cover for it. It's fantastic!

Congratulations all of you! All who made this dream come true.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 01, 2024, 11:02:34 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2013, 12:41:42 PM »
I could burn the game in a cd, and print a cover for it. It's fantastic!

I do that for all my mugen games. And once I get a bigger game room I'm making custom arcade cabinets for XSC and AvX as well.

Offline Low Ryder 2005

• Last Login:February 02, 2014, 12:51:14 PM
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2013, 12:47:28 PM »
Here's a guy working on a REALLY COOL Phoenix Cyclops ...

Maybe you can contact him to help him make him faster, and add this Cyclops to the update of AVX ...

Sorry, got no skill whatsoever, I'm just here to leech the precious fruits coming from the hard work of other people.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2013, 12:48:35 PM »
Sorry, got no skill whatsoever, I'm just here to leech the precious fruits coming from the hard work of other people.

I'm cool with that. Keep on playing and we'll keep on making.

Offline darkmdk

• Last Login:March 29, 2013, 05:55:00 PM
  • Hi! I'm new!!
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2013, 06:55:12 PM »
Guys

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal