collapse

Author Topic: [BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_  (Read 141425 times)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
Re: [BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_
« Reply #1050 on: December 19, 2017, 08:13:27 PM »
Its not. I want to make the characters as unique as I can. If I put the same moves or abilities for every char, it doesn't makes sense to add another playable character.
I have a quality level to keep, in all my creations. I know other creators doesn't mind about this, but I do.
I am aware, its not a game breaker.

OPS!
Sorry guys, I made mistake and didn't uploaded the most recent version :( Please, download it again - version 2.7.3

Really sorry for the confusion.

You can put a grapple on every character and STILL make them unique. It's called:
 Giving them different grapple moves/unique throws. Lol but like i said it's whatever i'll enjoy the game regardless. & Alright i didn't know if you were aware of the yellow lines or not so figured i tell you. :Terry
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1051 on: December 19, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »
Btw your website says 2.2.3 o.O#
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline BobbyD226

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 30, 2022, 05:50:29 PM
  • Hello!
    • Email
« Reply #1052 on: December 19, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
You happen to play a lot of Melee, skorp?

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1053 on: December 19, 2017, 11:35:29 PM »
You happen to play a lot of Melee, skorp?

Super Smash Brothers Melee? Yeah i used to play it alot back in the day. Not anymore tho.

Btw Uncle O i have one last thing to mention. I have 2 ideas in mind for you. I was thinking that maybe the characters should have throw recovery. Like how the characters in Streets Of Rage (1,2 & 3) have. & Secondly i was also thinking about maybe it being a player vs player option in the future as well. I think that would be pretty neat and fun!  O0
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 21, 2024, 10:58:34 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #1054 on: December 21, 2017, 02:17:11 PM »
You can put a grapple on every character and STILL make them unique. It's called:
 Giving them different grapple moves/unique throws.

This is something that is easier said than done. We have about 20 playable characters, and we'll have almost twice as many characters in the final product.
My intention is not simply to make a game with a ton of playable characters, with little or no difference between each. For this, we already have dozens of games already made in OpenBOR.

I do not want to sound arrogant, but my goal is always to do things differently from others. Just see my work on Mugen, for example ;)

I have 2 ideas in mind for you. I was thinking that maybe the characters should have throw recovery. Like how the characters in Streets Of Rage (1,2 & 3) have. & Secondly i was also thinking about maybe it being a player vs player option in the future as well.

1- Throw recovery: It's on my plans, for a future releases.
2- Unfortunately, doing this correctly is much more complicated on OpenBOR than on Mugen. Each engine has its qualities and defects, certain things are better in one engine than in the other. But who knows? ;)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1055 on: December 21, 2017, 03:45:23 PM »
This is something that is easier said than done. We have about 20 playable characters, and we'll have almost twice as many characters in the final product.
My intention is not simply to make a game with a ton of playable characters, with little or no difference between each. For this, we already have dozens of games already made in OpenBOR.

I do not want to sound arrogant, but my goal is always to do things differently from others. Just see my work on Mugen, for example ;)

1- Throw recovery: It's on my plans, for a future releases.
2- Unfortunately, doing this correctly is much more complicated on OpenBOR than on Mugen. Each engine has its qualities and defects, certain things are better in one engine than in the other. But who knows? ;)

Ahh yeah i see. & Yeah i can understand that. It was just some ideas i had was just throwing them out there. This is my favorite OpenBOR game that i have EVER played in my life. It's on par with my other favorites (Streets Of Rage & X-Men 2: Clone Wars) so that is why i'm so hard on this game having certian features cause i want it to be the BEST that it can be and THEN some!  :) But if i find any more bugs or have any other ideas i'll let you know.

EDIT: Nvm i just got another idea. I think that the characters with a healing factor should have one in the game as well. Make it like how Wolverine had it on X-Men 2: Clone Wars how his health bar VERY slowly regenerated half a bar.
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1056 on: December 21, 2017, 03:46:29 PM »
Thanks for your constant support :)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1057 on: December 21, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »
Thanks for your constant support :)

Check out the final idea i had Unc O i had to hurry up and edit it so you could read it but i see you didn't get to catch it in time. LOL
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1058 on: December 21, 2017, 03:51:03 PM »
I think that the characters with a healing factor should have one in the game as well. Make it like how Wolverine had it on X-Men 2: Clone Wars how his health bar VERY slowly regenerated half a bar.
But Wolverine DOES have a healing factor on the game :)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1059 on: December 21, 2017, 04:17:20 PM »
But Wolverine DOES have a healing factor on the game :)

/:O /:O I couldn't tell. When does it activate?
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1060 on: December 21, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »
Everytime, from time to time (each 2 or 3 seconds, I can't remember well).

Offline || Blackout ||

• Arcane Soul
  • Last Login:September 17, 2019, 11:25:41 PM
  • Do you believe in Magic?
« Reply #1061 on: December 21, 2017, 05:01:18 PM »
This game is getting better at each update and release, really! It's actually one of the few games I can play, actually, because of my poor Graphic Card lol
So because of that, I play it a lot of times. I love the mechanics, and also, I'm curious about two things, actually.

One: Which timeline does the plot takes place? I mean, from all the events and etc, because the characters have their default palletes defined at a certain period, right? That's what I'm curious about. And from timeline, I mean like the period of the 90's, or for some events like Secret Wars and etc.

Second: Regarding the X-Men, I know getting bases for their characters is quite hard, so I want to know if everything is going well? If you're being able to get them? I wish I knew how to do these things, 'cause I'd help you, but I still don't know, sorry, haha. I'm asking this because one time you mentioned you had trouble with Storm's base, at the Gamejolt site, so I got curious.

That's all I had to ask, though. I really wish you the best of luck and that everything keeps going nicely, for you and all your team, 'cause your work is excellent.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1062 on: December 23, 2017, 08:56:04 AM »
Opa, muito obrigado pelas suas palavras :)

Let me reply:
Which timeline does the plot takes place? I mean, from all the events and etc, because the characters have their default palletes defined at a certain period, right?
Yes, we have a timeline. But sadly I can't reveal it or I would spoil the game boss...

Regarding the X-Men, I know getting bases for their characters is quite hard, so I want to know if everything is going well? If you're being able to get them? I wish I knew how to do these things, 'cause I'd help you, but I still don't know, sorry, haha. I'm asking this because one time you mentioned you had trouble with Storm's base, at the Gamejolt site, so I got curious.

I still don't have a base for Storm - and if I found no base, she won't be on the game. The available bases are:
Arcade X-men > used to make Photon
GBA X-men game > used to make Aleta (thus, I've agreed with the sprite ripper/editor to not use that base for this game, since he is using that base for his game and kindly edited her into Aleta)
• Arcade Marvel vs Capcom > we would have too much problem with the resize
• Custom base > the editor just vanished...

--------

For a future release, we will have more helpers and NPC and one of the choices was this guy:

He will appear on the battle field and throw a random item to the players.

Can you identify him?

Offline || Blackout ||

• Arcane Soul
« Reply #1063 on: December 23, 2017, 09:19:23 AM »
Opa, muito obrigado pelas suas palavras :)

Let me reply:Yes, we have a timeline. But sadly I can't reveal it or I would spoil the game boss...

I still don't have a base for Storm - and if I found no base, she won't be on the game. The available bases are:
Arcade X-men > used to make Photon
GBA X-men game > used to make Aleta (thus, I've agreed with the sprite ripper/editor to not use that base for this game, since he is using that base for his game and kindly edited her into Aleta)
• Arcade Marvel vs Capcom > we would have too much problem with the resize
• Custom base > the editor just vanished...

--------

For a future release, we will have more helpers and NPC and one of the choices was this guy:

He will appear on the battle field and throw a random item to the players.

Can you identify him?

That's truly sad to hear, but still, I believe everything will turn out fine in the end. Sorry about being so persistent about Storm lol, it's because she's one of my favorites ever, and it would feel like something is missing without her. And by GBA base, you mean the Reign of Apocalypse game one?

And yes, I do recognize him! If I'm not mistaken, that's Billy Kaplan, aka. Wiccan, right? The "reincarnation" of one of Wanda's son after the House of M happened. That sounds actually pretty interesting! Best of luck to you, man! Oh, and Happy Holidays, also  :)

Edit: I don't know if it will help, or if it's possible to do anything with it to convert to pixels, but do you know the game that ended, Marvel Avengers Alliance? There is a sprite sheet of Storm there, and while I know it won't help much, maybe it could at least shine some light? Just a suggestion, though! I don't know exactly the methods to convert to pixel to fit the game lol
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:00:18 PM by The_Arcane »

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1064 on: December 23, 2017, 03:13:27 PM »
hehehe someone was making his homework :) Yes, its Wiccan.
He is already done with sprites, just need time to code him.

It's because she's one of my favorites ever, and it would feel like something is missing without her.
Its not a easy decision to me either. I know she is a fan favorite and I wanted to include her on the game. If I found someone to help me with that, she can return to the game. I can't scrap both bases already used because this woud scrap too much hours of work and I want to give a chance to Aleta and Photon to be in a game.

I don't know if it will help, or if it's possible to do anything with it to convert to pixels, but do you know the game that ended, Marvel Avengers Alliance?
I yes, I do know that game....that infamous pay-to-win game, lol. I've spent much time getting into level 300 on that game, lol

But sadly it doesn't have enough frames to make a playable character.

And happy holiday to you also!

---------

Random news:

- I was able to finally get loop working in .ogg music. Now we won't have fade outs anymore on the musics (and the game got a little lighter with this).

Offline || Blackout ||

• Arcane Soul
« Reply #1065 on: December 23, 2017, 03:29:23 PM »
Yeah, Wiccan is on my list of the heroes I like the most, haha. And I also worked a lot on that Facebook game, it's sad that it ended, so much time wasted lol

But that's okay. Well, I may not know much (or practically nothing) about edits, but I'll do what I can to help, Ilu. Yesterday I started looking around the web to search for something that could work for her, and if I find anything, I'll be sure to let you know. For now, I can't help with much, but I can least try to look for something, huh?

And that's awesome news! From the recent updates, the game has been running smoothly on my PC, and it keeps getting even better to play. Can't afford upgrades for it at the moment yet XD
I'll do whatever I can to help you go over this base issue. Did the editor leave it totally unfinished or did he make some frames, at least? I've been messing around with some editing sites to see if I could resize some sprites from her, but the quality doesn't turn out that great with the dimensions, since the lines aren't that evident, and the colors not so bright. Still! I won't give up.   :)

Edit: I saw the project for Geekinell sprites for Storm, and for one moment I thought he'd disappeared, but I saw he was on another account. Maybe he lost his old one. Would he be willing to help? His sprites were pretty awesome and graceful!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 03:42:51 PM by The_Arcane »

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #1066 on: December 23, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »
Yes, its Wiccan.

I wish we had an emoji that could convey a feeling of confused, yet mildly .........um........ nope I got nuttin.

Edit: OK I got it, its that feeling you got when Capcom said Abigail was one of the new SF5 DLC's...... Remember?
(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 04:24:44 PM by sky79 »
Keep Mugen Free

Offline || Blackout ||

• Arcane Soul
« Reply #1067 on: December 23, 2017, 04:46:17 PM »
I wish we had an emoji that could convey a feeling of confused, yet mildly .........um........ nope I got nuttin.

Edit: OK I got it, its that feeling you got when Capcom said Abigail was one of the new SF5 DLC's...... Remember?
(click to show/hide)

I understand that feeling XD lol

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1068 on: December 24, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
Edit: I saw the project for Geekinell sprites for Storm, and for one moment I thought he'd disappeared, but I saw he was on another account. Maybe he lost his old one. Would he be willing to help? His sprites were pretty awesome and graceful!

I tried contacting him with his new account, but no luck. It's not the first time this happens, so I won't be rely on this.

----------------------------

Jhfer came with some ideas for Iron Man, which I should be using for his Stealth armor. Like I´ve explained before, this armor (and Moon Knight character) will be stealth (IOW not detectable) in dark stages for most enemies (not all). They will remain undetectable until they perform any offensive action, but will lose this protection as soon as they attack, returning to the hidden state once the attack is over. With this, the enemies will not see them nor try to attack them (while they are hidden), but they can still be damaged. This will be activated automatically, without the player having to take any action.

My question is: should I put this mode as an Iron Man special? For example, doing the "D,D,A" command would activate this mode, spending half of the MP bar.

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1069 on: December 24, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »
I tried contacting him with his new account, but no luck. It's not the first time this happens, so I won't be rely on this.

----------------------------

Jhfer came with some ideas for Iron Man, which I should be using for his Stealth armor. Like I´ve explained before, this armor (and Moon Knight character) will be stealth (IOW not detectable) in dark stages for most enemies (not all). They will remain undetectable until they perform any offensive action, but will lose this protection as soon as they attack, returning to the hidden state once the attack is over. With this, the enemies will not see them nor try to attack them (while they are hidden), but they can still be damaged. This will be activated automatically, without the player having to take any action.

My question is: should I put this mode as an Iron Man special? For example, doing the "D,D,A" command would activate this mode, spending half of the MP bar.

I was thinking that for certain armors (pallettes) You should keep the Unibeam chest beam special and for other armors use the Hulkbuster special. & yes as a "D,D,A" special you should use that other mode for him as well. Gives him more variety.
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1070 on: December 24, 2017, 02:29:00 PM »
You should keep the Unibeam chest beam special and for other armors use the Hulkbuster special.
Only one armor will be able to use Hulkbuster (the red and yellow one). For some armors, I am planning to change Chest Unibeam to Proton Cannon.

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #1071 on: December 24, 2017, 02:35:51 PM »
Only one armor will be able to use Hulkbuster (the red and yellow one). For some armors, I am planning to change Chest Unibeam to Proton Cannon.

OOOOOoooooo that's an even BETTER idea Unc! I approve!  :o :)
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline || Blackout ||

• Arcane Soul
« Reply #1072 on: December 24, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
Oh, I understand.

The idea of the Proton Cannon seems awesome!

Also, Merry Christmas, guys!!

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #1073 on: December 25, 2017, 08:33:53 AM »
If we're bringing in the Proton Cannon, can it come down from above, "Veronica Style"?

I can sprite what might be needed if you wish.

Call it a pet peeve, but it always bothered me in MSH how it appeared out of nowhere  Ala Green Lantern.
Keep Mugen Free

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #1074 on: December 26, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »
If we're bringing in the Proton Cannon, can it come down from above, "Veronica Style"?

I can sprite what might be needed if you wish.

Call it a pet peeve, but it always bothered me in MSH how it appeared out of nowhere  Ala Green Lantern.

hahaha that was exactly my idea - to use the MSH animation. But I don't get what you means with "Veronica style", can you explain to me?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

SPIDER-VERSE THE AMAZING MUGENSTORY©EPISODE 10 "THE OTHERVERSE" 1080P BY REB3LTV by Rage
[March 27, 2024, 02:44:21 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[March 24, 2024, 11:09:37 AM]

Tree Of Erebus Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[March 22, 2024, 08:13:48 AM]

.Batzarro's. Sprite Edits by MatreroG
[March 20, 2024, 07:58:08 AM]

World Heroes 2 Shura Stage by Vegaz by LightFlare
[March 19, 2024, 12:44:28 PM]

MOVED: Prepare your ****! ***** Soldier gets his **** ready in MUGEN! by Rage
[March 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista