collapse

Author Topic: Capcom Universe News and Updates  (Read 135052 times)

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 23, 2024, 08:47:15 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
Re: Capcom Universe News and Updates
« Reply #425 on: January 08, 2015, 09:18:32 PM »
Can you do that in M.U.G.E.N.?
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Shotoman

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 04, 2020, 08:46:59 AM
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: January 08, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
Can you do that in M.U.G.E.N.?

Not that I've ever seen. Generally, the only hidden characters I've ever seen in a MUGEN project were either scrolled off the screen (Like Akuma in XvsSF) or were coded directly into specific characters themselves (Like the "Classic" Characters in AvX). But, this project has already gone and done a lot of things that I never thought MUGEN capable of, so... you never know.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
  • Last Login:June 20, 2020, 07:21:19 PM
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2015, 08:31:16 AM »
A video showing Tiffany and how she will appear in Capcom Universe.  This video also shows the new training room that will replace the hex grid in previous releases.

Also a very important update to Demo 2.5.  I unwittingly released it with a terrible bug that wouldn't allow the anchor character (second character) to perform moves that required 2 kick buttons unless they were in the air or canceling out of a special move.  It affected a majority of the roster.  I'm very sorry for the frustration it may have caused. 

The update link is here:
http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/beximus/Capcom%20Universe.zip

Offline CoopTMA

• Rembrandt "The Crying Man" Brown
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 08, 2018, 04:21:38 AM
  • Cry like a man!
« Reply #428 on: January 24, 2015, 11:27:32 AM »
 :o bravo bravo!!! She looks great!!!

Offline manluis

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 06, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2015, 05:51:19 PM »
i just showed the video to my classmates, they had no idea who the heck they saw, but they were hyped. all they were saying were things like "ITS A CHEERLEADER WITH BOXING GLOVES YO! I WANNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY WITH HER NOW!"  :D

can't wait to see who you'll reveal next.

Also, nice new stage! looks fresh and new, i dig it.
I also dig the new lifebars you've implemented.

(also THANK YOU for fixing that annoying bug. I thought it was just me who got it, so I never reported it heh, sorry about that.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:03:27 PM by manluis »

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 23, 2024, 08:47:15 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #430 on: January 24, 2015, 06:37:44 PM »
I'm downloading it right now in order to check the difference.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:Today at 07:31:22 AM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2015, 07:34:33 PM »
I didn't checked the updates, but i got it.

I've noticed some things that shouldn'tve occurred:

When fighting against some certain characters like Urien (i'm talking about using Rolento), if his projectile hitted with Rolento's grenades (or grenade hyper), the flame ignites on Urien, which you may think that he's hitted, but it does not, because it's not covered with the red flame or whatever it is. You need to adjust/fix it.

It's all i can say it for now. If i am not clear, i will make a video of it. Thank you, Beximus.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 11:21:03 AM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Nice training stage, its pretty cool.
About Tiffany, She is very nice, but that air move where appears many green effects is so weird. She ignores the gravity and the move is too abrupt.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2015, 09:02:56 PM »
About Tiffany, She is very nice, but that air move where appears many green effects is so weird. She ignores the gravity and the move is too abrupt.
i agree, it seems abrupt.
same thing with her power punch move and her cartwheel, the green star just appears then dissappears just like that, no flash or effect or anything. i suggest putting in some flashy-flashy-spark Fx or something when the move ends so it looks good.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2015, 11:41:42 PM »

I think you're right.  I'll incorporate gravity into the move so that it doesnt seem like she's rolling over an invisible floor.

Thank you for the feedback.

i just showed the video to my classmates, they had no idea who the heck they saw, but they were hyped. all they were saying were things like "ITS A CHEERLEADER WITH BOXING GLOVES YO! I WANNA BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYBODY WITH HER NOW!"  :D

can't wait to see who you'll reveal next.

Also, nice new stage! looks fresh and new, i dig it.
I also dig the new lifebars you've implemented.

(also THANK YOU for fixing that annoying bug. I thought it was just me who got it, so I never reported it heh, sorry about that.)

heh well they have Li-kun to thank for her.  He was the one who spent years drawing her frame by frame with so much detail as she has.

glad you like The life bars, they were extremely important, red life is a big part of the game now that i've added the baroque feature from tatsunoko vs capcom.

Also i think i'll start a bug report thread.  It would be a lot easier for me to keep track of things.  That way if anyone were to encounter a possible bug i can fix it.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2015, 12:30:42 AM »
yeah a bug report thread would be very useful.

quick question, who exactly is in the roster that were sprited for comissions?
like tiffany for example, she was a commission, are there anyone else that were commissions?
i have a feeling li_kun has alot of work to do  :cool
speaking of li_kun, will you update morrigan to use her new sprites by li_kun?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:07:19 AM by manluis »

Offline Gladiacloud

• Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 02:23:02 AM
  • http://i.imgur.com/4QokCKe.gif
    • Email
« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2015, 06:45:43 AM »
Tiffany's star ball fx can be recoloured and used for Pure's Mystic Revolution.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2015, 07:46:00 AM »
yeah a bug report thread would be very useful.

quick question, who exactly is in the roster that were sprited for comissions?
like tiffany for example, she was a commission, are there anyone else that were commissions?
i have a feeling li_kun has alot of work to do  :cool
speaking of li_kun, will you update morrigan to use her new sprites by li_kun?

so far Devilotte has been the first completed commission,  Tiffany was a personal project li-kun was working on for himself and he allowed me to add her to the game. 

the other characters i'll be paying for commission will be: Medusa(top priority), Nemesis(top priority),Shoma,Poison and June, Amaterasu, and im splitting the cost for another character so that i can include him in the game.

This will be rather expensive lol.

other characters that will appear in the game, i'm being given permission to include. like sean alty's haggar. sky79's cody, gladiacloud's michelle heart and pure&fur. laspacho's lou. ramzaneko's zero. Felo_Llop's C.viper. Fiona by Li-kun.

I'm very grateful to everyone of them.

As for Morrigan's sprites.  I'm using the CPS2 version that i modified so that it will match Lilith's sprites.  Lilith is an alternate mode morrigan has,  it costs 1 super bar to switch and play as lilith.  It won't be a color swap like in MVC1.  It will actually be lilith with her own set of moves.

I have permission to use the the CVS style morrigan sprites that li-kun made for my next project after Capcom Universe.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 08:03:54 AM by Beximus »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2015, 07:46:59 AM »
Tiffany's star ball fx can be recoloured and used for Pure's Mystic Revolution.

yeah actually with some modifications it could work.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2015, 07:52:52 AM »
Sorry to derail, Beximus, but have you actually read my comment yet?
I've noticed some things that shouldn'tve occurred:

When fighting against some certain characters like Urien (i'm talking about using Rolento), if his projectile hitted with Rolento's grenades (or grenade hyper), the flame ignites on Urien, which you may think that he's hitted, but it does not, because it's not covered with the red flame or whatever it is. You need to adjust/fix it.

It's all i can say it for now. If i am not clear, i will make a video of it. Thank you, Beximus.

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2015, 07:59:45 AM »
oh yes, this is a cosmetic issue that i sometimes miss, it triggers when projectiles collide.  The flame is supposed to appear when the projectile hits.  Seems i forgot to put the trigger to detect whether or not it hit a character and not a projectile.  Thank you for pointing it out.

If you find anything else though please feel free to add it to the Bug Report thread.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2015, 08:07:12 AM »
Got it, Beximus.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2015, 08:19:08 AM »
so far Devilotte has been the first completed commission,  Tiffany was a personal project li-kun was working on for himself and he allowed me to add her to the game. 

the other characters i'll be paying for commission will be: Medusa(top priority), Nemesis(top priority),Shoma,Poison and June, Amaterasu, and im splitting the cost for another character so that i can include him in the game.

This will be rather expensive lol.

other characters that will appear in the game, i'm being given permission to include. like sean alty's haggar. sky79's cody, gladiacloud's michelle heart and pure&fur. laspacho's lou. ramzaneko's zero. Felo_Llop's C.viper. Fiona by Li-kun.

I'm very grateful to everyone of them.

As for Morrigan's sprites.  I'm using the CPS2 version that i modified so that it will match Lilith's sprites.  Lilith is an alternate mode morrigan has,  it costs 1 super bar to switch and play as lilith.  It won't be a color swap like in MVC1.  It will actually be lilith with her own set of moves.

I have permission to use the the CVS style morrigan sprites that li-kun made for my next project after Capcom Universe.
Holy vanilla-sagat that is ALOT of comissions. since i know how much a full character li_kun charges for, holy crap im very impressed at how much you've invested in this Bex, mad respect bro.

And speaking of next projects, you're talking about Capcom vs SNK MAX right? Are you going to start it right after Capcom Universe? I think you're gonna need a break dude lol :D

(personally my ultimate fantasy is where beximus makes his own MARVEL only tag-team game heheh)

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2015, 05:24:12 PM »
I probably will take a break from developing once capcom universe is finished, but i dont think i'll be able to stay away for too long.  the itch to create will always be there.

Offline Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »
It's what i have said before: Not gonna give up on that project at all that you're doing. A break is a definitive thing you do if you feel, i dunno, exhausted.

I can expect the demo version 3.0, correct? That'd be in the summer as you said it before i believe. That'd be 5 or 6 months to wait, but i suppose it's worth a wait. I'm hoping that some characters in 3.0 that i could actually try out.

Again, not gonna give up of what you're doing. You still have my support. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:57:22 PM by kanodoom »

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2015, 05:51:34 PM »
the end of june is definitely my goal for Demo 3.  but things have a way of taking longer than intended.

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
of course it's taking longer man, you are coding a friggin fullgame on your own! no worries man, nobody is rushing you at all. take your time and make the best product you can make.  :Terry

Offline Traweezie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 15, 2018, 01:54:06 PM
  • Bloop
    • Project Crusade Forums
« Reply #447 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:43 AM »
Hey Bex I thought I'd let you know that I'm bringing capcom universe to a Mvc weekly event that I'm going to tomorrow. I'll try to get as many people as possible to play it man. Hopefully after a little while we can get it in tournaments. I'll record matches as well so stay tuned and stay hyped

Offline Beximus

• Section Moderator
    • Email
« Reply #448 on: January 26, 2015, 03:28:00 AM »
Damn thats awesome.  thanks for doing that.  Maybe you should avoid mentioning that it's mugen.  A lot of people won't even touch anything that has to do with mugen as they're predisposed to believe anything made on it is going to be broken and mismatched.  just a thought since someone left the comment on my page of "Still mugen still a unbalanced piece of crap".

Some people might not be willing to give it a chance.

Anyway im subscribed to your channel so i'll be watching.  Thanks again

Offline manluis

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #449 on: January 26, 2015, 06:30:50 AM »
ahh hes doing the same thing im doing! thats awesome! Bex's game is finally getting some attention.
somebody contact maximillion dood and tell him to play it  ;*))

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal