collapse

Author Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 trailer  (Read 4875 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2015 trailer
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 07:14:04 PM »
Are you serious twin?

You see no issue with a brainless bimbo, who openly admits to being a bad actress, that gets by on her looks playing O'Neal?
So in other words she's perfect for 80s April

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »
You never know, April may have been written poorly, thus Fox would be just as good a pick as any. :P
Regardless of who was cast as April or who is producing this film, I would never expect any deep character development for April. The turtles are what matter, April is just there to help them. I'd like to see an April with some personality, but I care more about seeing the Turtles kick butt.

I think the way they changed Shredder is the greater offense, however, the classic armor is there. And you never know, the real Shredder may show up or be hinted at during the end credits or something.

So in other words she's perfect for 80s April

+1

Offline sky79

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 19, 2022, 11:31:05 AM
  • Real players and makers share.
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 08:25:35 PM »
Dur-Hur, funny.

What part of Megan Fox's repertoire says 'Investigative Reporter'?

Then again, this is modern Hollywood, they are not the problem, it's the 'great unwashed' masses that support it.

You know, the kind of people who can name off the last 4 winners of 'American idol', but not their state's congressmen.

The people who will pay mugeneers to make a character , when two others of the same character are already in the works for free.

Blazing Saddles, salt of the earth types

Edit: Howard Coble
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:55:12 PM by sky79 »
Keep Mugen Free

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
Dur-Hur, funny.

What part of Megan Fox's repertoire says 'Investigative Reporter'?

Man you have some anger issues with Megan Fox. You're nit picking at what you know about the movie and as we've said we can't really find anything wrong from what we've seen in the trailer other than how big the turtles are and well we just can't because there's nothing wrong with it.

There are plenty of things from what's known that could be picked apart about the movie because of the history of the turtles but this movie may be different, heck in the new cartoon series April is a teenager and not a reporter so maybe in this movie she isn't or maybe just getting her start and she hasn't even said a word yet.

We just have to wait and see what happens.

my new one

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2014, 07:04:57 PM »
You may have had a point, till you said-

but this movie may be different

It's a Bay movie man, it's not made to be "Good" film, it's made be an entertaining movie. To sell tickets, DVD's and paraphernalia, nothing more.

Ok ok, I'll put it to you like this-

Entertaining: Dawn of the dead
Good: The Walking Dead

Entertaining: RoboCop (2014)
Good: RoboCop (1987)

Entertaining movie: Batman Forever
Good Movie: The Dark Knight

You're not going to get it from Bay, it's not in him, it's never been in him. To expect more from him is a fool's dream, because he knows he doesn't have to try, you'll see it, either way.
Keep Mugen Free

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »
All movies are made to sell tickets and DVD's. It's a business. But I get you're point. Many people are passionate about making good films. In this case though, Ninja Turtles isn't a property that lends itself towards making a good film. The best we can expect and what most people will be going for is an entertaining movie, with or without Bay/Fox. Also keep in mind Bay is not directing this film, only producing it. So technically this film could be different. lol Though it does look a lot like a Bay film.
No one is thinking it's going to be the next Godfather or Dark Knight though. It's going to be entertaining and that's ok. Dude, it's the Ninja Turtles. lol

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2014, 11:21:22 PM »
Agreed, it's sad.

Steve Barron, Todd W. Langen and Bobby Herbeck took their job seriously and made something that dealt with societal issues, ostracism, politics, while still making something that sold toys, with pizza eating turtles.

And I guarantee you, it will still be seen as the best of the lot another 25+ years later. Again, to be clear, This is how much Hollywood respects you.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:41:44 AM by sky79 »
Keep Mugen Free

Offline Alpyne_D

• BGM Kutter, Sucka MC Smasher
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:October 28, 2020, 04:20:21 PM
  • "he finds a loop, he finds a way."
    • Kantus Killa 00
    • Reign Of Kreation [Mugen Free For All]
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2014, 09:03:02 AM »
i for 1 am lookin' forward to see how this TMNT pans out. i've  alwayz taken pretty much any movie i plan to see or have seen at face value, regardless of hype. to me, that's 1 of tha huge problems with moviegoers & franchise fanboys alike, they hype chizz up too much in their heads, & anything that doesn't live up to that expectation is almost instantly deem'd to be crud in their eyes, especially when mofos start tryin' to compare 1 film of a series to another; this is how good films are view'd as "bad", & how great films are view'd as "just okay". folks need to realize that some change is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it makes sense in tha long run, dealin' with tha context of a film.

now i myself am a devout fan of tha 90's TMNT films [well, not so much II, Disney screw'd it up too much by tryna make it "cute"], but we all know if they were to make those movies tha exact way they did in today's time, they would be ridiculed, & be available for DVD 2-3 months after release. so yeah, i would say havin' an open mind & not judgin' tha movie til tha credits are done would be tha intelligent, mature way to go about it.

until then, i'll be busy playin' TMNT: Out Of The Shadows, kickin' much butt with my boi Raph to keep my charge goin'  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 02:48:35 PM »
You may have had a point, till you said-

It's a Bay movie man, it's not made to be "Good" film, it's made be an entertaining movie. To sell tickets, DVD's and paraphernalia, nothing more.

Ok ok, I'll put it to you like this-

Entertaining: Dawn of the dead
Good: The Walking Dead

Entertaining: RoboCop (2014)
Good: RoboCop (1987)

Entertaining movie: Batman Forever
Good Movie: The Dark Knight

You're not going to get it from Bay, it's not in him, it's never been in him. To expect more from him is a fool's dream, because he knows he doesn't have to try, you'll see it, either way.

You read what I was saying wrong. When i said "but this movie may be different" I'm talking about the actual story of the Turtles meaning it's not following what we know about their history, heck look at the foot clan and shredder and the fact that April's father and them worked together just prove that point.

You seem to already just have a problem with the movie itself based on who stars in it and who's producing it(Michael Bay isn't even directing the movie) and at this point you can see nothing good coming from it and that sucks.

my new one

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »
Thats because nothing "Good" is coming from it. There has been outrage and disrespect coming from Bay from the word go.

The only thing that makes me smile? Knowing that technology has some to the point were they could make a fantastic TMNT movie if the right people are in charge................thats not Bay
Keep Mugen Free

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2014, 04:17:18 PM »
As stated before you just seem to have a problem with the stars of the movie and the producer so you're not even giving the movie a chance so what's the point?

Everyone knows all the things wrong with it already but from this trailer there nothing bad about it that's all I and everyone else have been saying.

my new one

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2014, 05:26:37 AM »
I still think Kate Mara or Amy Adams would have nailed the part of April (giving her character more personality & depth... not to mention a decent lead actress). I'm sorta curious about the turtles themselves... especially Leo (who looks freakin' awesome). Hopefully the fight scenes are out of this world crazy & jaw dropping.

[-O<

Offline RobiWanKen0bi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 30, 2024, 10:03:30 AM
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2014, 12:17:03 PM »
it looks cool so ill go see it but to me jim henson's tmnt movies are way better
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I2esXpTFgps/TZq6y217JfI/AAAAAAAAA4M/VKS_oY-fjhc/s1600/TMNT+1+5.jpg

After so many years, those are still the best movies. It is a shame that we don't see any good progress now that "they" have the TECH to do it.  8=|

The turtles look...weird...
And isn't this Teenage ALIEN ninja turtles cus i read somewere were it said they were from some alien race in this movie.

After seeing the trailer, I don't care whether they're called "4 Shrek dudes from planet Mars"....  (:| Bay destroyed my dreams.

WHY. ARE. THEY. SO. BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than the trailer feeling like a transformers movie I have no real problems with what I've seen but my goodness they are huge, like how are they going to get out of the man hole cover huge, like how does the foot clan or shredder even stack up to them huge. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

^^(PM)^ I bet it makes sense... on a planet where Bay comes from, but the downside of his plan is that this is Earth.   :P

http://www.toplessrobot.com/bayturtlesmikey.jpg

they look too human. they look like a man with a bad skin disorder and a lumpy head...

They made Don a supergeek. I mean even a 3 year old child could figure out Don is the brain of the bunch, without the accessories (glasses, and do-hikies that make no sense)

As a huge Turtle fan I say this is a huge disappointment for me. I sincerely hope I'll change my mind after seeing the actual movie.

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 29, 2024, 09:02:43 PM
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2014 trailer
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
now we got the turtles chat and jokes off our chest lets talk about
the shredder
over the years we seen many versions of him from the comic version by Mirage Comics,the classic (r.i.p. james avery),to the movie version,the anime version,the many versions in 2003 &  the nick version

so tell me wat u think of this new movie version of "the shredder"

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2014, 07:14:32 PM »
Ya, I saw that a long time ago. It looks awesome! Just what I hoped he'd look like for a movie like this. Make him look cool and dangerous. If the turtles are going to be much larger in this film, then Shredder needs to be a force to be reckoned with. I like it!

Offline sky79

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
"I'll cut you all down Turtles!...If I could only move"
-Shredder
Keep Mugen Free

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »
Ya, I saw that a long time ago. It looks awesome! Just what I hoped he'd look like for a movie like this. Make him look cool and dangerous. If the turtles are going to be much larger in this film, then Shredder needs to be a force to be reckoned with. I like it!
i agreed this new shredder is the best one but more then that i would love to see the fight between splinter and shredder 1 on 1

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2014, 09:50:25 AM »
Agreed, and it has to be longer than 30 seconds. Make it a good long fight. It would be like Darth Vader and Yoda going 1 on 1. It just has to happen!

All I want for this movie is some good martial arts scenes and Splinter vs Shredder scene.

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »
at last we agreed on one epic scene there  :thumbsup:

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »

o.O# Shredder is the silver samurai from the wolverine movie  ~X(. I guess that explains why they are so darn big.

I'm back to middle ground on the movie just going to have to turn my brain off and enjoy it for what it is unless the final trailer just kills it for me
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:34:08 PM by eg6gsr »

my new one

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »
I actually like that voice for Splinter

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 29, 2024, 10:26:37 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 06:28:37 PM »
Why Micheal Bay WHY!!! LEAVE MY CHILDHOOD ALONE!!!  :'(

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline supa2520

• Infinity Regular
  • Sprite Artist Reborn
    • supa2520
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 06:35:43 PM »
the trailer looks sweet

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:03 PM »
everything is cool but they ruined shredder and april
*Note Soon

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 12:08:07 AM »
This trailer has made me feel much better about the movie. Looks like it is shaping up better than it's been looking. It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I just hope we get to see some really good martial arts scenes and not all just turtle roller derby style action.
Looking forward to this even more now. :)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.